Mafia game thread

Pharphis had the role block N1 and did not use it. So there has not been a roleblock on a night without a kill.

CG: I did not target a Norman, I targeted you. You spent a good bit of yesterday convincing us to not read into what everyone had claimed and had some very good reasons for it. All of the sudden we are supposed to stick to what everyone had claimed, and because Norman has not entered the sphere we should leave them alone? And worse off, we are wrong for not believing what everyone has claimed?

Your wrong franklin, I blocked TC night one,reading 101 ftw

I see cakes answered it already.

Why vote for someone who may get modkilled seems a waste.

will

Is something going on with the forums? I didn't write that will at the bottom of my post,weird.

Is something going on with the forums? I didn't write that will at the bottom of my post,weird.

That is really odd .....

ok well I am off, wont be back before days end. I think I am confident leaving my vote on chundertat

Updated vote count. 9 to lynch and 10 to lock.

Valhauros - 2 (Goryani, Pharphis)
ThunderCat - 3 (Solar Ice, Caluin Graye, Jcakes)

I have prodded Val and PCM and warned them that they need to up their activity to include contributively posts or they will be modkilled the next day regardless. Thanks for bringing that to my attention Jcakes.

That much is obvious. Why? I'd think someone roleblocked on a night with zero kills would merit more than the silent treatment.

How was this not brought up earlier? Seems very suspicious to me, especially when paired with his theorizing about how there was a doc save, it seems like he was digging for why there was a failed kill.

I can easily see my vote going to Mal, as I think he was let off the hook a little bit too easily, and has slowed down a lot on his posting, but for now:

Also this. I have been on Mal's team as mafia twice. It seems that when he draws heat, his response is to just post less. Very suspicious to me.

Vote: Thundercat

Also fine with a switch to Mal, both look suspicious in my book.

laarz said he found two things different in his role PM than Phar's. Is there any other evidence to say he got a RB role? From that one post I don't see it.

Sorry I must have missed this discussion, who was it that claimed a roleblock on TC?

Laarz. Post 544. It happened with about 3.5 hours left in the day.

Not singling out Jcakes here, but it looks like a LOT of players missed the claim entirely. This does not bode well.

While I sort of understand the push for TC, him claiming Norman gives me pause. I am curious though... with such an important claim by Laarz and no NK, I'm curious as to why Laarz did not press the issue ....

Thanks a lot cakesy, now I have to actually participate. Way to go.

So I'm in the midst of catching up since coju's death, on the school's 18 Mbps connection that takes a while, but it seems that around post 610 or so people finally start seeing what I meant about lynching being very tricky. Holy crap. It's almost like I was trying to say that lynching in a recruitment game would be tricky. And what happened? People yelled at me for being mafia and tried to silence this. How curious that is. How curious indeed.

How was this not brought up earlier? Seems very suspicious to me, especially when paired with his theorizing about how there was a doc save, it seems like he was digging for why there was a failed kill.
It was brought up earlier. Yesterday, in fact.

Last night I received the ablity to stop someone's manifestations. I chose the last person to vote kegs, so I stopped CG's manifestations.Now, both Harry and Ted have two separate claims on the same ability. Anyone want to share what Beth's or Norman's are?

I did not receive an ability last night. However I don't think that an specific ability is restricted to only a single character, or at least thats the way it seems from todays posts.

Got the same feeling from that statement. So right now there would be only 3 mafia? Probably not safe to assume this, but is it likely they will be capped at 4?

4 seems rather light in a game with 21 people and I think its to early to try to narrow down the exact number that Sathoris decided to use.

OK, good news bad news time.

Good news: went to a friends for the weekend on Friday
Bad news: Got a pretty good concussion
Also Bad news: Really don't remember a ton about my theories in this game.
Kinda good news: I at least wrote some stuff down.

TL,DR: Brain is being fuzzy, but I am trying to catch up.

Hope your brain starts working again. Feel better.

His offensiveness to thefranklink targeting him seemed extremely weird to me. I agree with you there.

On to the beth matter though, we have no indication yet, of the relationship between what roles each character can get (I assume it's random) and how many are distributed (1, 2, 3, 4 etc?). Maybe it's just a random # of players get an ability each night (after they have entered the sphere).

The random assignment of abilities and the number of players that get an ability seems to play into the theory that Sath used random #s to setup the game details, so it definately could be possible.

It feels like I'm in Las Vegas watching Penn & Teller's magic act when I look at this recent exchange between Goryani and Caluin Graye. Very well done and I'm impressed.....but I still know there is some sort of trick involved.

Maybe they are saving it for the prestige.

I agree he was let of the hook pretty easily a few trains on him just completely lost momentum, could be because his buddies didn't want to vote for him.

For some reason in from the games I've read/been in whenever a lynch attempt stalls on someone its like the players completely forget about them and they aren't brought up for at least a couple days. Its really strange and I don't understand why that is, but I don't think we should let Male slide just yet.

Laarz. Post 544. It happened with about 3.5 hours left in the day.

Not singling out Jcakes here, but it looks like a LOT of players missed the claim entirely. This does not bode well.

The lack of attention seems to be pretty bad in this game. However it just being labor day doesn't really help much either.

Don't know if you still want this but here it is. I asked him to resend the pm after I saw pharphis asking in post #448.
The 448 post number is noted. Post 448 occurred ~20 hours after pharphis initial claim (378-379). You have a couple replies in the 450's range, all within an hour of post 448. Then another post a couple hours later in 493. Your own claim didn't come until the next (real life) day in 544 (~22 hours after post 448 and two calendar days after pharphis initial claim). I also notice you claimed after post 521, which was my own claim of receiving a 1x night ability.

All in all, the timeline looks pretty strange to me, though I can't say something scummy is going on. I'd think mafia given a 1x roleblock ability this game would want to take more advantage of it than you appeared to do.

I'd also think mafia, seeing such a roleblock occur on a night with no kills, wouldn't hesitate to focus on a townie. On the other hand, I can definitely see mafia trying to ignore a roleblock occurring on their own hitman.

Your wrong franklin, I blocked TC night one,reading 101 ftw

Reading does not always equal remembering in my case.

If coju was a weird kill, then who wasn't? I'm going to keep asking...

Anyone not on the "majorities" top 3 list of scum. Unsure of how my last post wasn't an answer to your question.

I did not receive an ability last night. However I don't think that an specific ability is restricted to only a single character, or at least thats the way it seems from todays posts.

Really, Laarz, Pharphis and I all got the same ability and all are claimed Harry's. Gory and Flub got the same ability and are claimed Teds.

Vote: Thundercat

For reasons I stated earlier today or yesterday in relation to the mass claim. I have CG on my scum list for his total change of how he is handling claims compared to yesterday. If he is scum I don't think we will see him back this day phase to address my concerns in post 656.

I don't want to vote for TC because of the reasons I stated before.

There was something feeling wrong and I finally found out what. We have had 3 claimed roleblocks from the Harrys, but only 2 claimed watchers from the Teds. I haven't had the ability. So either Mal has had it or there is a 5th Ted.

@Mal
Have you had the watcher ability?

Lots of WIFOM in this game so far, very little information. Usually I try to save the heavy analysis for once we actually know something concrete, but it seems in this game we may never get such information. So what I have theorized so far:

Recruitment angle seems a pretty good bet right now, especially given the last flavor. This leads me to wonder how many mafia we could expect to begin with in a recruitment scenario, so I will leave that question open to the more experienced players. If we can take that number, add those that have entered the Sphere, assuming it is just one of each "team"...?

Anyway, game speculation over, actual game playing now.
Thundercat is indeed very conspicuous, not so much the joke votes but the way he's playing. I've never played a game with him, but he's just being very strange. I'm returning to my old vote, though, a vote I wouldn't have changed had we not needed the extra vote.

Vote: Malevolent
He's dirty, he has to be. I really hope he is, anyway, otherwise my insistence on lynching him will not be received well.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High