Mafia game thread

If I had been a Beth, Ted, or Harry, I'd have had no problems with him roleblocking me. Had he roleblocked any other Norman, I'd have questioned him exactly as I already have.

People are using their powers ineffectively and need to be called out for it.
Had he blocked another Norman, and no NK happened. What would you say there? Poor choice?

When did you ask Sathoris to resend the pm? Do you think pharphis is on the level?

Do you think TC being roleblocked is why he was doc fishing with all the pills talk?

Don't know if you still want this but here it is. I asked him to resend the pm after I saw pharphis asking in post #448.
I have no reason to think he is not a Harry.
On TC,i'm not sure he even knew he was blocked, I didn't think the story indicated any thing was blocked. So unsure if it was fishing or just talk.

Laarz, you only saw 2 differences? I'm willing to believe you based on the fact you found 2 (I changed 2 or 3). It's best that you don't post them, and perhaps we can catch the next liar based on that. I'll expand on this a bit more soon.
Did you have the same ability as me, too? Or just the flavour?

--

Some end-game thoughts:
With the town hiding the differences for their ability pms, the mafia might claim to not have gained any abilities, to avoid being caught. (Especially if everyone else in a group of characters gets a role - this would make it easy for us, though).
One question this raises is whether or not mafia get abilities like this, too, and whether or not they would get the flavour with it.

I think I had more to say but can't remember.
Also,

It depends on how you're counting them, I will say this, 2 words missing and 1 other thing.

Sorry I haven't been around much, but things should pick up now that my wife is back to work.

Had he blocked another Norman, and no NK happened. What would you say there? Poor choice?

Fair question. I likely would not have said anything about it, for it would have contradicted my working theory. I'd have had to consider the possibility that I was wrong about powers being associated with entering the sphere. Then we would have likely lynched the blocked Norman. If he flipped town, then back to my original theory, and back to poor choice. If he flipped scum, then I'd have to reevaluate.

But, it didn't work out that way, did it?

Fair question. I likely would not have said anything about it, for it would have contradicted my working theory. I'd have had to consider the possibility that I was wrong about powers being associated with entering the sphere. Then we would have likely lynched the blocked Norman. If he flipped town, then back to my original theory, and back to poor choice. If he flipped scum, then I'd have to reevaluate.

It proves my point exactly none the less. You, nor I, know how the game mechanics works. You have a different theory than I do. You seem to think that powers (and seemingly the hitman role) can only be received by entering the sphere. Why are you so quick to toss out the idea that there is a mafia group as a base (assume 1 hitman for kills) and the powers from the sphere are extra?

Is TC off the hook because a Norman hitman on N1 doesn't fit into your working theory?

You're imagining this part. I have no insight into what abilities any role may or may not have, other than what's been presented so far.
All scumhunting is imagination. Otherwise it would be called investigation (aka follow the cop). You're judging others because they don't utilize the same game setup theory you are. Considering the variety of theories you have put forth, I don't think anyone can keep up. I notice that you completely discounted the idea that thefranklin targeted a Norman because he thought they were really a Harry/Ted/Beth.

I notice that you completely discounted the idea that thefranklin targeted a Norman because he thought they were really a Harry/Ted/Beth.

I discounted it because that's not why he targeted a Norman. He targeted a Norman because a Norman locked kestegs. If he had targeted a Norman for the above reason, I'd likely have not thought twice about it.

That much is obvious. Why? I'd think someone roleblocked on a night with zero kills would merit more than the silent treatment.

I have really no good answer for that. I just don't get the scum vibe off TC that I usually do. Maybe it's because he hasn't tried to claim doctor yet.

True, having no kill while roleblocked is fishy. And trying to blame it on a doc save before any other evidence came out is fishier. And the joke votes with not a single real vote in the game is fishiest.

You know what? You've convinced me. TC is the guy.

Vote: Thundercat

I would prefer lynching ThunderCat today to be perfectly frank, although I have absolutely no problem with putting the noose around Valhauros.

Reasons for ThunderCat:

1. I am extremely suspicious about his near certainty about the Mafia character composition in post # 399. Inside knowledge coming from a Mafioso? He dodged questioning concerning this entirely.

2. His posts were mostly composed of storyline theory with little, if any, scumhunting effort.

3. His play thus far has consisted of jumping on the most popular lynch candidate of the moment. Mafia can not effectively scumhunt because it is very difficult to make cases against players who they know are Town.

4. Regular joke voting, even if this has been covered already. Smells of misdirection.

Vote: ThunderCat

1. I explained that I was sure about said statement simply because the number of Normans and Beths was 6 and there were 4 Teds.

2. That's how I always play. Start off with theories on how the game is built and once the game progresses I get a bigger image. Besides, my brain is having trouble coping with so many people and posts at a time.

3. Wrong. If you go back a little bit, I tried to lynch Malevolent yesterday. But in order to ensure a lynch, I swapped to kestegs.

4. Misdirection from what exactly? It's not like I tried to take the towns attention away from lynching someone.

So are you saying you wouldn't even consider that fact that your theory might be wrong unless you get hard evidence? Talk about tunnel vision.

And I did have a real vote, on Malevolent.

Regarding the block, all I can say is that I have, nor have I ever had any abilities thus far. And I am town.

It feels like I'm in Las Vegas watching Penn & Teller's magic act when I look at this recent exchange between Goryani and Caluin Graye. Very well done and I'm impressed.....but I still know there is some sort of trick involved.

It feels like I'm in Las Vegas watching Penn & Teller's magic act when I look at this recent exchange between Goryani and Caluin Graye. Very well done and I'm impressed.....but I still know there is some sort of trick involved.

I kind of feel the same way, the banter between the two of them is interesting. That said I was on a mafia team with both of them (last game) and I don't recall them being like this in thread.

That much is obvious. Why? I'd think someone roleblocked on a night with zero kills would merit more than the silent treatment.

Sorry I must have missed this discussion, who was it that claimed a roleblock on TC?

Pharphis had the role block N1 and did not use it. So there has not been a roleblock on a night without a kill.

CG: I did not target a Norman, I targeted you. You spent a good bit of yesterday convincing us to not read into what everyone had claimed and had some very good reasons for it. All of the sudden we are supposed to stick to what everyone had claimed, and because Norman has not entered the sphere we should leave them alone? And worse off, we are wrong for not believing what everyone has claimed?

Gory: Coju is a weird kill because he was in the majority's top 3 scum list. When I made that statement, I had not thought about his spy talk.

Is TC off the hook because a Norman hitman on N1 doesn't fit into your working theory?

I don't get this either. Who blocked TC N1?

I can easily see my vote going to Mal, as I think he was let off the hook a little bit too easily, and has slowed down a lot on his posting, but for now:
Vote: Val

Pharphis had the role block N1 and did not use it. So there has not been a roleblock on a night without a kill.

CG: I did not target a Norman, I targeted you. You spent a good bit of yesterday convincing us to not read into what everyone had claimed and had some very good reasons for it. All of the sudden we are supposed to stick to what everyone had claimed, and because Norman has not entered the sphere we should leave them alone? And worse off, we are wrong for not believing what everyone has claimed?

Actually there has, I just checked. Laarz used his roleblock N1 on TC. Pharphis had the roleblock N2 and didn't use it.

I recieved the this pm on the first night, i'm not a pal so I have limited pm space, as i had deleted it I asked Sath if he could resend it so I could compare it to Pharphis, I found 2 things different in my pm compared to Pharphis, I wont say what they are yet.
I did use my power the first night,as I had no idea of who to use it on I assigned a number to each name and had my wife draw a slip of paper out of a hat, I used the power on TC.

I think a TC vote is probably a good idea, it is unfortunate that I will never be around for the ~ 6 hours before day end. As much as I want to lynch Val I think TC is probably the best bet.

Unvote: Val
Vote: Thundercat

Another thing to note regarding Val is he is yet to post this day phase, that was after his wonderful posts yesterday of his PM and a lynch on kestegs because "a lynch is better than no lynch". Here are a list of all his posts (all 5 of them)
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/search.php?searchid=92802

Crepedude also hasn't posted this day phase and is almost as lurky as Val with a grand total of 7 posts so far
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/search.php?searchid=92803

I don't get this either. Who blocked TC N1?

I can easily see my vote going to Mal, as I think he was let off the hook a little bit too easily, and has slowed down a lot on his posting, but for now:
Vote: Val

I agree he was let of the hook pretty easily a few trains on him just completely lost momentum, could be because his buddies didn't want to vote for him.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High