Mafia game thread

Really, Laarz, Pharphis and I all got the same ability and all are claimed Harry's. Gory and Flub got the same ability and are claimed Teds.

We don't know that everybody of a particular role all get an ability do we? I mean I don't remember Moar or Male claiming an ability and they both claimed Ted. I guess they could have used an ability and opted not to share?

For reasons I stated earlier today or yesterday in relation to the mass claim. I have CG on my scum list for his total change of how he is handling claims compared to yesterday. If he is scum I don't think we will see him back this day phase to address my concerns in post 656.

There's nothing to address.

If I'm town, then everything I've said is truthful. I'm a Norman. I received no power last night. I believe you wasted your ability.

You think I'm scum though, so let's work with that. But then why believe what I said about ignoring character claims? The only possible explanation is that you suspected I both lied about my setup theories and that I lied about my role. But that doesn't make any sense, since I'm the one that called attention to it. If I was lying, why would I bother drawing attention to my lies?

Vote: Malevolent
He's dirty, he has to be. I really hope he is, anyway, otherwise my insistence on lynching him will not be received well.

His poor play at the start got my attention to, but that's not enough for me to keep focused on him. Don't get me wrong, the whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth but scum because of poor play? IDK...

So are you saying you wouldn't even consider that fact that your theory might be wrong unless you get hard evidence? Talk about tunnel vision.

I did consider it. The evidence before me leads me to believe that I'm not wrong. Provide some contradicting evidence and I'll reconsider.

And I did have a real vote, on Malevolent.

Means nothing. Mal's case had been established before that, and he's an easy vote. Scum like easy votes.

I don't want to vote for TC because of the reasons I stated before.

There was something feeling wrong and I finally found out what. We have had 3 claimed roleblocks from the Harrys, but only 2 claimed watchers from the Teds. I haven't had the ability. So either Mal has had it or there is a 5th Ted.

@Mal
Have you had the watcher ability?

It is worth noting the timelines as well.

Only Laarz claimed a N1 power - the night harry entered the sphere.

His poor play at the start got my attention to, but that's not enough for me to keep focused on him. Don't get me wrong, the whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth but scum because of poor play? IDK...
Well, this behavior was like him in the Cheers game (as scum). He drew a lot of heat day one, then dropped off the map. He was spotted for it there as well.

You put an enormous amount of effort yesterday to convince everyone to not read into claims. Now you are steadfast and condescending when people are not playing by the exact role claims made. The result is mass confusion, no scum hunting and mislynches.

Why the change? What is your new theory that is different?

PS: Where did I suggest you lied about your theories? Guilty conscience? I make stupid theories often but would never consider them a lie when I change them. Wrong yes, lying no.

Updated vote count:

Valhauros - 2 (Goryani, Pharphis)
ThunderCat - 6 (Solar Ice, Caluin Graye, Jcakes, Gwaihir, MartinLong, thefranklin)
Malevolent - 1 (pancakeman)

A little over two hours remaining.

I did not receive an ability last night. However I don't think that an specific ability is restricted to only a single character, or at least thats the way it seems from todays posts.

For some reason in from the games I've read/been in whenever a lynch attempt stalls on someone its like the players completely forget about them and they aren't brought up for at least a couple days. Its really strange and I don't understand why that is, but I don't think we should let Male slide just yet.

Ok, here is what I have so far, gleaned from notes and posts:
N1: Harry enter sphere, Laarz (Harry) roleblocks
N2: Ted enters sphere, pharphis (Harry) roleblocks, flubb (Ted) watches
N3: Beth enters sphere, thefranklin (Harry) roleblocks, Gory (Ted) watches

Seems to me entering the sphere provides each personality with a power, and that power moves between parts of the personality. It could be a recruiting method as well, but I need to go back and reread stories to see if there are hints of that as well.

The 448 post number is noted. Post 448 occurred ~20 hours after pharphis initial claim (378-379). You have a couple replies in the 450's range, all within an hour of post 448. Then another post a couple hours later in 493. Your own claim didn't come until the next (real life) day in 544 (~22 hours after post 448 and two calendar days after pharphis initial claim). I also notice you claimed after post 521, which was my own claim of receiving a 1x night ability.

All in all, the timeline looks pretty strange to me, though I can't say something scummy is going on. I'd think mafia given a 1x roleblock ability this game would want to take more advantage of it than you appeared to do.

I'd also think mafia, seeing such a roleblock occur on a night with no kills, wouldn't hesitate to focus on a townie. On the other hand, I can definitely see mafia trying to ignore a roleblock occurring on their own hitman.

Wow, making my brain jump through some hoops here, but agreed the timing is odd.

Laarz, why exactly did you hold off claiming?

I don't want to vote for TC because of the reasons I stated before.

There was something feeling wrong and I finally found out what. We have had 3 claimed roleblocks from the Harrys, but only 2 claimed watchers from the Teds. I haven't had the ability. So either Mal has had it or there is a 5th Ted.

@Mal
Have you had the watcher ability?

Unless abilities become active when entering the sphere

It is worth noting the timelines as well.
Only Laarz claimed a N1 power - the night harry entered the sphere.

Well, this behavior was like him in the Cheers game (as scum). He drew a lot of heat day one, then dropped off the map. He was spotted for it there as well.

First part, agreed. Second part: exactly, and I think the same thing happened in the NCIS game.

Do we know that Laarz was the only one with an ability on that night?
How do we know that somebody else didn't roleblock another player to prevent the NK and just hasn't come forward?
Could this just be a clever attempt by Laarz to eliminate a townie?

If I take Laarz at his word, then TC looks to be in trouble, but could Laarz be lying here?
Not pushing and repeating that he seemed to have successfully role blocked somebody is giving me great concern.
Why not make this statement again and make the case for him when it happened?
Why are we only going for this now?

If TC really is Norman (and because of the way I claimed, we can't know for sure) then I think Laarz is a target for me. If Laarz can plausibly explain why he didn't bother furthering the cause when it happened, then I can re-evaluate my stance on TC.

For now, I'll do the following:

Vote: Laarz

How do we know that somebody else didn't roleblock another player to prevent the NK and just hasn't come forward?

If I take Laarz at his word, then TC looks to be in trouble, but could Laarz be lying here?
Not pushing and repeating that he seemed to have successfully role blocked somebody is giving me great concern.

If TC really is Norman (and because of the way I claimed, we can't know for sure) then I think Laarz is a target for me. If Laarz can plausibly explain why he didn't bother furthering the cause when it happened, then I can re-evaluate my stance on TC.

...Really? 2 hours left and you vote for someone who has no other votes? Seems like you are trying to get a no-lynch today.

...Really? 2 hours left and you vote for someone who has no other votes? Seems like you are trying to get a no-lynch today.

I am willing to vote for TC, I just have some reservations... mostly I want to hear from Laarz. If we get close to a lynch I will switch to TC if it will help to lock.

Go back and take a look at what TC said, I didn't think that it was role fishing at the time,just him saying how it didn't follow the movie line.
Have to pick up my grandson from school but I'll be back in a few.

I think you have N3 wrong. Gory watched Moar on N2 I believe.

IMO, it seems highly unlikely that only one person had a role.

The rest of what you say is well thought. There does seem to be odd play with Laarz as well, but do you really think it is enough to try to get a new lynch in the last 2 remaining hours? Depending on how TC would flip, Laarz would definitely be the first person to look at IMO.

---

I'm quite surprised TC hasn't come to defend him self more, considering he is getting closer and closer to being lynched with only a few hours to go.

Really, Laarz, Pharphis and I all got the same ability and all are claimed Harry's. Gory and Flub got the same ability and are claimed Teds.

Seems to me entering the sphere provides each personality with a power, and that power moves between parts of the personality. It could be a recruiting method as well, but I need to go back and reread stories to see if there are hints of that as well.

For some reason I thought that the roleblock power cycled to a Ted. Now I need to go back and look at why I thought that. Your notes are probably right however. With the listing you provided Gwaihir if we are following the cycle that abilities are granted as the character enters the spear we should see a Beth with some sort of ability that hasn't come forward as of yet. I think you have your watches flipped though, flubb said he used his last night.

well i havent had any PM's since my role PM.

sorry about being slightly lurky today, RL is being a real annoyance atm.

Vote:Thundercat

don't want a no-lynch day and even though i think that val is WAY scummier it seems a lynch on him is highly unlikely, and lets hope he gets mod-killed anyway.

I think you have N3 wrong. Gory watched Moar on N2 I believe.

IMO, it seems highly unlikely that only one person had a role.

The rest of what you say is well thought. There does seem to be odd play with Laarz as well, but do you really think it is enough to try to get a new lynch in the last 2 remaining hours? Depending on how TC would flip, Laarz would definitely be the first person to look at IMO.

---

I'm quite surprised TC hasn't come to defend him self more, considering he is getting closer and closer to being lynched with only a few hours to go.

No, I don't think it's enough. I just wanted to get his attention. In all probability I will be voting TC by the day's end.

Also, I went back and read all 18 of TC's posts. He does make a valid statement in that there is indeed no mention of the passage he quoted as being in the movie (no idea about the book). The only drug reference in the movie is at 1:38 where Beth and Norman talk about the drugs they'll use and how long the drugs will last, and when Beth suggests to Norman for him to inject himself. So, his observation seems valid to me. That being said, there are a few other small things that I remember thinking were not in the movie. I figured that was creative liberty taken by Sath in order to adjust the story to fit the random nature of the way he has structured the game.

All that to say... it's still a little suspect in the way it all unfolded.

Anyone not on the "majorities" top 3 list of scum. Unsure of how my last post wasn't an answer to your question.

This is probably the best answer I'm going to get. It would have been believable if it was mentioned along with the initial "why coju" pontifications or in answer to my initial question. I would have also been happy with a list of players you thought were so townie that mafia would resort to a NK rather than lymch attempt. Instead I saw delays and deflections I might see if mafia made up a question to appear townie but neither though about nor cared about the answers.

Also, why did coju not appear as one of the majorities in post 553?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High