Mafia game thread

- Goryani, changing your tar ONLY to cause confusin is rather cheap, why would you want to cause confusion amongst the town, oh right! because you are scum.

I didn't change my 'tar in order to cause confusion. I didn't change my 'tar to "make people pay attention" though we need much more of that.

It was a humerus response to coju. That's it.

Who would you recommend night killing?

You really had to ask? Why Sath, of course. Seems like a distraction instead of a question. That combined with your avatar change to blend in with Gwahir.

Actually, as I was reading through the thread to check if you and Flubb claimed the same person (Me and Pharphis got the same ability, and we are both Harry) I stumbled upon Coju's spy comments. So that explains why the mafia would target them. Now Gory, you are sharp enough to figure that out.

Last night I received the ablity to stop someone's manifestations. I chose the last person to vote kegs, so I stopped CG's manifestations.
Now, both Harry and Ted have two separate claims on the same ability. Anyone want to share what Beth's or Norman's are?

“Get up Beth, we’ll teach you how to handle this power and what has to be done. We’ve all stumbled onto something we weren’t yet meant to grasp.” Harry said solemnly. “Norman doesn’t yet know, but he will soon enough. And then, then we’ll find out which side of us will be triumphant.”

So this is definetly recruitment me thinks.

Got the same feeling from that statement. So right now there would be only 3 mafia? Probably not safe to assume this, but is it likely they will be capped at 4?

Is Mal Scum for not reading his PM? Is everyone that jumps on him looking for easy excuses? Are you Scum for the wording on your ability? How about this for an alternate Scum list to what has been proposed thus far:

ThunderCat
Valhauros
Pancakeman
Gwaihir

I'll admit that was my initial reaction regarding Mal. He's not really on my radar right now. I don't think I've quite judged properly and I need to rethink who and how I target people.

Ditto, weekends are never good for me and magia time

I definitely agree that Val is looking very suspicious at the moment. On the whole train thing, it is interesting to note that there has been a few trains started on Male, but none of them have ended in a lynch.

Yeah. I know I've pushed for it just as I pushed for Kestegs :(

CG: Why the zero hour lock?

Again, Coju seems like a strange choice for nk. Is there a randon bus driver role?

Sorry, being new I had to look that term up. So, you're suggesting he got targeted as the result of a player switch? Do you have any idea who the original target would have been if you're correct in your assumption?

I'm not sure what that story tells us about your watching of Val. Gory voted, so I assume he has an idea?
Maybe I'm oblivious but I didn't get much out of it this time around.

I didn't get much from this either... I'm sure I'm missing something.

I get the mafia vibe from that meeting.

In my opinion this is a recruitment thing. The problem I see with that is that any reruit will probably have a townie read before the recruiting. Let's take Jcakes. I believe him to be town, but what if he got recruited last night and is scum now? I don't feel like I can trust any read on anyone (not that my reads are particulary good anyway), so all of Harry, Ted and Beth are on my scumlist. I'd expect all Normans going on that list as well after the next night.

I get mafia vibe more than mason vibe for sure.

So, now I don't have a top X mafia list... I need to revisit the last days posts and todays posts and see if I can see anything out of place.

Last night I received the ablity to stop someone's manifestations. I chose the last person to vote kegs, so I stopped CG's manifestations.
Now, both Harry and Ted have two separate claims on the same ability. Anyone want to share what Beth's or Norman's are?

I get the general feeling that they will be the same as well. The game seems setup to just have the same ability be randomly assigned to random eligible players. No, I have no way to know for sure, but that's what my gut says... as obvious as that may sound.

OK, good news bad news time.

Good news: went to a friends for the weekend on Friday
Bad news: Got a pretty good concussion
Also Bad news: Really don't remember a ton about my theories in this game.
Kinda good news: I at least wrote some stuff down.

TL,DR: Brain is being fuzzy, but I am trying to catch up.

For my future reference:

Norman: (6/4)
Zokar
CG
Kestegs - L D2 T
Solar Ice
ThunderCat
OMGWTFBBQPWNED - NK N2 T

Harry: (5/4)
pharhpis
Laarz
thefranklin
Mr. Teach - MODK T
Valhauros

Beth: (6/5)
MartinLong
Gwaihir
coju - NK N3 T
Pyro
Jcakes
pancakeman

Ted: (4)
Moar
Goryani
Malevolent
Flubbucket

I'm not convinced targeting a Beth is optimal (even assuming people were honest about their claims in the first place). If we do have a mafia in each of the groups (except Norman, that I assume will happen in the next night) then the probability of getting a good lynch would be higher if we target a Harry or Ted group given they have fewer total people. I don't currently have any favorites to target so I think I'll just leave it at that for now until I do more back reading.

I do however find it odd that the group with the fewest claims (Ted) has all the claimed people still alive... hmm. Probably still too early to give much credibility to that hunch right now though.

You chose to use your manifestation blocking ability on a Norman, even when empirical evidence suggests that Norman's aren't able to have any abilities?

I'm not sure who wasted their ability more. You or flubbucket.

I'm on my way back home from my school holidays, so I'll be able to use my laptop with internets. Then I can actually bring myself to go back and read and quote more thoroughly. Not tonight, but maybe tomorrow.

I did have one thought about the potential masons, though. If their ability lasts more than 1 night (why not?) then they might shy away from telling everyone about it for now so they can chat more.

You really had to ask? Why Sath, of course. Seems like a distraction instead of a question. That combined with your avatar change to blend in with Gwahir.
It's a very serious question so I'd appreciate an honest answer. One can't be legitimately surprised about a NK unless one has thought about who should or shouldn't be night killed. Who did you think should have been night killed instead of coju?

I stumbled upon Coju's spy comments. So that explains why the mafia would target them. Now Gory, you are sharp enough to figure that out.
So? If you're sharp enough to think I could figure it out then you're also sharp enough to figure it out.

I did have one thought about the potential masons, though. If their ability lasts more than 1 night (why not?) then they might shy away from telling everyone about it for now so they can chat more.

No other ability has lasted more than a night. Plus, night talking is the least useful benefit to masons. Mod confirmed alignment is the beez kneez.

You chose to use your manifestation blocking ability on a Norman, even when empirical evidence suggests that Norman's aren't able to have any abilities?

Which evidence is that? Wouldn't a mafia hit be an ability? If thefranklin guessed right, he could have blocked a NK potentially. This result could mean that you're not the mafia hitman, or it could be more complex.

Using a roleblock on anyone you feel is scummy isn't a wasted action in my book. It leads to confirm or clear up theories.

... Norman's aren't able to have any abilities?...

I disagree. Some Normans have abilities...

225pxnormanbates.png

Which evidence is that? Wouldn't a mafia hit be an ability? If thefranklin guessed right, he could have blocked a NK potentially. This result could mean that you're not the mafia hitman, or it could be more complex.

Using a roleblock on anyone you feel is scummy isn't a wasted action in my book. It leads to confirm or clear up theories.

So you're saying the only people Franklin found scummy were all Normans? Or are you saying that you think only a Norman is capable of sending in the night kill?

The empirical evidence is simple: Harry enters the sphere, Harrys got powers. Ted enters the sphere, Teds got powers. It is a good assumption that if Beth enters the sphere, Beths will get powers. If Norman hasn't entered the sphere, it's likely Normans don't have powers, right? So why waste a roleblock on a Norman?

I disagree. Some Normans have abilities...

I have no clue who that is. But he scares me.

So you're saying the only people Franklin found scummy were all Normans? Or are you saying that you think only a Norman is capable of sending in the night kill?

The empirical evidence is simple: Harry enters the sphere, Harrys got powers. Ted enters the sphere, Teds got powers. It is a good assumption that if Beth enters the sphere, Beths will get powers. If Norman hasn't entered the sphere, it's likely Normans don't have powers, right? So why waste a roleblock on a Norman?

No. thefranklin targeted you b/c you were the last person to vote kegs. He may also think you are scummy, who knows, I am not him. He specifically targeted you for a reason. Sending a HIT isn't a 1-x power, but one that a mafia HITMAN (ROLE) would have. There is no reason to believe that Norman can't be mafia, nor a mafia hitman. Block the hitman, prevent a kill. Simple.

Seemingly the powers gotten are random after one enters the sphere. There is no proof dictating that b/c Harry entered the sphere on N1, only Harrys could get a power. N2 only Ted's could get a power. So at night 3, there were 13 options to RB someone with a potential power. IMO, odds were better played targeting potential scum.

Is it just me or does this sound like CG knows Norman's can't be the hitman yet? Either that or the roleblocker/watcher roles we have seen thus far are worth roleblocking. Maybe the Beth ability (doc? cop? busdriver?) is worth roleblocking?

Is it just me or does this sound like CG knows Norman's can't be the hitman yet? Either that or the roleblocker/watcher roles we have seen thus far are worth roleblocking. Maybe the Beth ability (doc? cop? busdriver?) is worth roleblocking?
His offensiveness to thefranklink targeting him seemed extremely weird to me. I agree with you there.

On to the beth matter though, we have no indication yet, of the relationship between what roles each character can get (I assume it's random) and how many are distributed (1, 2, 3, 4 etc?). Maybe it's just a random # of players get an ability each night (after they have entered the sphere).

Is it just me or does this sound like CG knows Norman's can't be the hitman yet?

You're imagining this part. I have no insight into what abilities any role may or may not have, other than what's been presented so far.

His offensiveness to thefranklink targeting him seemed extremely weird to me. I agree with you there.

If I had been a Beth, Ted, or Harry, I'd have had no problems with him roleblocking me. Had he roleblocked any other Norman, I'd have questioned him exactly as I already have.

People are using their powers ineffectively and need to be called out for it.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High