Mafia game thread

The only reason that I mentioned a doc save was that the story had a quote regarding medication that was not in the movie.

My intention wasn't for everyone to mass claim, let alone post their role PMs. My intention was that we establish that we are all the 4 main characters from the book/movie. With this we can get a rough idea on the setup of the game so we wouldn't be totally in the dark.

Exaclty the most powerful thing the mafia can know...

Gory: I feel Pharphis is scum for boldly claiming Harry at a time when people would follow the story and believe Harry was scum (if there were only one Harry in the game). That tells me he had extended knowledge that no one else had, and that posting his role pm was a safe thing to do.

Sadly my lynch will prove nothing. I wouldn't look at the people who started it though. Look at the ones who sat along the sidelines and waited.

My new top 3 (not that I am clearing my previous 3) would be

Gory: his play is off, he's hedging his bets and I don't trust him.

Jcakes: just a feeling really, he's been far more quiet than I'd expect though.

Solar: he defended me earlier. The only reason he'd know I was town is if he was scum, and otherwise he wouldn't defend me.

I may or may not be back before day end.

i hate waking up 20 minutes before the day end...

Vote: Kestegs

lets hope we get some decent information from either this lynch or tomorrows story....

Kestegs really worth lynching? He has said he would be agressive, but all he could offer is "so and so looks bad."

Night 3

They all breathed a sigh of relief when the squid didn’t come back after it killed Norman.
Nonetheless they couldn’t really believe what just happened. Ted, in all his innocence, didn’t think Jerry was capable of killing one of their own. It looked like he just wanted to play. All his exchanges with the team looked benign and as if it came from a lonely child. Why would it kill one of its playmates? He had a quick glance at Harry who seemed shut off from the outside world, lost in thought. Ted went to sit next to him and closed his eyes. Eyes that were beginning to fill up with tears, then they both composed themselves.

Beth meanwhile raced out of the room in anger towards to the control room where they talked with Jerry.

“Jerry! Jerry you goddamn bastard answer me!†Beth shouted.
“Why did you kill Norman? We aren’t a threat to you. Why did he have to die?â€

HELLO BETH. I AM ENJOYING YOUR MANIFESTATIONS.

“My manifestations? What are you talking about?â€

THE MANIFESTATIONS ARE SMALL AND THEY DO NOT EXTEND BEYOND YOUR ENTITIES BUT THE MANIFESTATIONS ARE NEW FOR ME. THEY ARE HAPPY FOR ME.

“What’s he talking about?†Asked Harry, as he entered the room with Ted.
“Sounds like he means our emotionsâ€, Ted suggested, “that’s Norman’s field of expertise.†He laughed.
“You think that’s funny Ted?†Beth reacted angrily.

I AM LIKING THAT ONE BETH. DO AN OTHER.

“Relax Beth, he’s right. Don’t ruin the moment where Ted actually implies I can be of help here.†Norman smiled.
“Norman? But you’re dead. Jerry’s squid killed you. I saw you being dragged into the ocean.â€
“What’s that, Beth? I think we’d remember something like that happening.†Harry said amused. Ted concurred.
“How long has it been since you last slept, Beth? Did you take any pills?†Norman said with a serious face. “Are you having other hallucinations?â€
“Harry! Ted! You were there, you saw it happening. When I left the room you two were… you two were…†Beth stopped talking.
“You’re right Norman; I took some anti-anxiety pills a couple of hours ago and haven’t had anything to eat today. You work your shrinking magic on Jerry. I’m going to eat and sleep and pretend this didn’t just happen.â€

Beth had no intention of doing any of those things. She wasn’t losing it, she hadn’t taken any pills, she had enough sleep. What she suddenly remembered was seeing Harry and Ted sitting next to each other almost as if in a trance. Beth suspected Ted of entering the Sphere last night. Such an ambitious guy cannot be content with Harry knowing all the secrets of the Sphere while he just sat there on the sidelines. Well neither am I, she thought. If those two somehow brought Norman back with powers from the Sphere then I must have those powers too! She quietly slipped out of the habitat and made here way to the space craft.

She already knew how to enter the Sphere. What she didn’t know was how the powers were going to affect her. Had she overreacted in her quest to not be dominated by all the male scientists? Whatever her last thought was when she entered. It wasn’t about the consequences of what’s to come.

Beth has entered the Sphere!

Back in the habitat Harry and Ted realised Beth wasn’t in her bunk. After a quick search they saw her diving suit was gone too.

“Norman!†Harry yelled, “did Beth tell you she went out to reset the mini-sub? You know the one that records everything in here and float back to the top if we don’t reset the timer.â€
“I don’t know, I’ve been talking to Jerry. Although he has now decided not to show up anymore.â€
“You’re in the control room aren’t you,†Harry said, “you should see her on the monitors if she did go out.â€
“Well I didn’t. I’m not the babysitter here. Why don’t you figure out where she went.â€
“Because I’m not in the room with all the monitors to follow her. Mister pseudo scientist.â€

Norman accepted all the banter about his scientific background with a pinch of salt, but down here, with everyone’s emotions going rampant he lost it and attacked Harry. Ted tried to pull them apart but in the shuffle Norman banged his head against a bulkhead and fell down unconscious.

Kestegs has been lynched, he was Norman Johnson, town.

Day 3

Beth walked around the space craft for a while after coming out of the Sphere. The first one to come out and to know what the power from inside can do. She has never felt this confident before. All the while laughing and smiling because of what happened around her she left the ship and made her way back to the habitat. The time to play around is over and now I must think how to handle the situation inside the habitat, she thought. By her calculations it could still take days until contact to the surface can be restored. She was sure Harry and Ted had their power under control, but then why did the squid attack? She thought back to what Norman told them about Harry. That we couldn’t leave this place alive for whatever time travel reason it was. Suddenly sje jerked her head back as she heard some rubble move. Why would some stones suddenly fall over? We’re pretty deep down there’s almost no life this deep. Then she thought of her power again and she suddenly felt very scared and vulnerable. It could be anything that’s moving down there. When she felt a surge of water on her legs she lost it and hurried back to the habitat.

“Norman! Ted! Is anyone listening? I’m outside and something’s here with me. It’s big and I can’t see it. Someone please be there!” She begged.
“I’m here Beth,” Harry said, “what do you see? It could just be an underwater sea current.”
“I don’t know. It could be anything. Oh my god, I see a green light on the horizon. It’s coming closer!”
Harry immediately realized what Beth meant. The giant squid had a radiant green glow when it last came to the habitat.
“Beth, get back now. I think Jerry may come back.”
“No no no no! Not now. Not now Harry”
“Damnit Beth hurry up, he could be…”

I AM HERE.

The whole habitat rocked as soon as the squid attached itself to the habitat. Alarms were going off and the communication to Beth had been cut off. They all feared the worse when they finally heard Beth’s call from the airlock; she had made it inside safely.

DO YOU LIKE THIS MANIFESTATION? I CAN MANIFEST IT MORE IF YOU WANT.

“We have to trigger the electrical defence system,” Ted said, “it’s the only hope we have of killing this thing. At least we may wound it and make it retreat from wherever it came.”
“Beth? Beth are you still with us?”
Beth was sat on the ground, unresponsive and shaking with fear. From time to time she looked around to make sure nothing was moving around her.
“Norman, you come with me to the other side and activate the defences.” Ted shouted.

They ran towards the other side of the habitat, dodging falling pipes and spraying water. At last they made it into the room and found the electrical defence system.

“Are we sure we’re safe inside? I mean, won’t it fry out our systems and leave us without air and light?” Norman suddenly brought up.
“I don’t know, but we don’t have a choice. If we don’t do anything we’re going to drown anyway. Stay clear of the wall.” Ted said finally before he pulled the switch.

They felt a tremendous surge of electricity and all the lights flickered and the whole place shook, but it was quiet, no banging of metals or anything. The lights came back on too, but with them the monitors all over the habitat.

I WILL KILL YOU ALL.

“No Jerry.” Norman whispered.

Then suddenly everything went quiet again. The lights remained on and the monitors still showed the foreboding message, but it seemed like the squid was no longer latched onto the habitat.

“Guys!” Harry shouted, “get back here quickly. Something happened to Beth.”
Norman and Ted rushed back when they saw Beth’s body still sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall, electrified.
“I told her to move”, Harry mumbled, “I was on my way to pick her up when you guys flipped the switch. There was nothing I could do.”

Coju has been killed, he was Elizabeth Halpern, town.

Norman walked off in shame, defeated. “There is only one more thing to do,” he quietly murmured to himself.
Ted continued to stand there for a while. His eyes glazed over as he looked at Beth. Then he left and waited around the corner. Meanwhile taking furtive glances at Harry, who was back sitting in the chair, working on the computer. He sat there for a while watching Harry, until he got tired of seeing nothing and then he too left.

When Harry finally left he didn’t go back to his own bed. He woke up Ted and they exchanged some words, whispering quietly so not to wake up Norman. Then they left and made their way to Beth’s bed. It was empty, but they heard quiet sobbing and crazed whispers in the hall.

“Get up Beth, we’ll teach you how to handle this power and what has to be done. We’ve all stumbled onto something we weren’t yet meant to grasp.” Harry said solemnly. “Norman doesn’t yet know, but he will soon enough. And then, then we’ll find out which side of us will be triumphant.”

Last edited:
Sorry I wasn't around on Saturday. RL trumped mafia game big time.

“Get up Beth, we’ll teach you how to handle this power and what has to be done. We’ve all stumbled onto something we weren’t yet meant to grasp.” Harry said solemnly. “Norman doesn’t yet know, but he will soon enough. And then, then we’ll find out which side of us will be triumphant.”

So this is definetly recruitment me thinks.

I'd also like to suggest everyone to start posting their top 3 lynch lists. This has helped us in the past in making links between players, so I see no reason not to do it.

Now I wonder how bad it is that we're mostly after the same people. This doesn't often lead to mafia lynch early on, from what I've seen.

Yes, I get that feeling as well. If we are all on the same track, it does not bode well as we are overlooking other players and the Mafia are in a good position to just jump on trains. It could be that is exactly what is happening.

Is Mal Scum for not reading his PM? Is everyone that jumps on him looking for easy excuses? Are you Scum for the wording on your ability? How about this for an alternate Scum list to what has been proposed thus far:

ThunderCat
Valhauros
Pancakeman
Gwaihir

Sathoris said:
Coju has been killed, he was Elizabeth Halpern.
Sathoris said:
omgwtfbbqpwned has been killed. He was Norman Johnson, town.

This may not mean anything but on the other hand it may. When omgwtfbbq was Nk'd he was revealed as Town. Not so with Coju.

Hmm. Maybe someone had a bus-driver ability last night, and can shed light on it.
Which drink did you choose, pyro? Moar, who was your target??
/jk

I'm kind of hoping sath comes in an chimes in on what he left out. Maybe he forgot, but I'm thinking their was more likely some ability that prevented the info, or even an ability that revealed the role of omg on death.

Hmm. Maybe someone had a bus-driver ability last night, and can shed light on it.
Which drink did you choose, pyro? Moar, who was your target??
/jk

I'm kind of hoping sath comes in an chimes in on what he left out. Maybe he forgot, but I'm thinking their was more likely some ability that prevented the info, or even an ability that revealed the role of omg on death.

Sathoris fixed it already. And I spiked you, obviously. ;)

Sorry I wasn't around on Saturday. RL trumped mafia game big time.

Ditto, weekends are never good for me and magia time

Yes, I get that feeling as well. If we are all on the same track, it does not bode well as we are overlooking other players and the Mafia are in a good position to just jump on trains. It could be that is exactly what is happening.

Is Mal Scum for not reading his PM? Is everyone that jumps on him looking for easy excuses? Are you Scum for the wording on your ability? How about this for an alternate Scum list to what has been proposed thus far:

ThunderCat
Valhauros
Pancakeman
Gwaihir

This may not mean anything but on the other hand it may. When omgwtfbbq was Nk'd he was revealed as Town. Not so with Coju.

I definitely agree that Val is looking very suspicious at the moment. On the whole train thing, it is interesting to note that there has been a few trains started on Male, but none of them have ended in a lynch.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High