Mafia game thread

Yes, I get that feeling as well. If we are all on the same track, it does not bode well as we are overlooking other players and the Mafia are in a good position to just jump on trains. It could be that is exactly what is happening.

Is Mal Scum for not reading his PM? Is everyone that jumps on him looking for easy excuses? Are you Scum for the wording on your ability? How about this for an alternate Scum list to what has been proposed thus far:

ThunderCat
Valhauros
Pancakeman
Gwaihir

This may not mean anything but on the other hand it may. When omgwtfbbq was Nk'd he was revealed as Town. Not so with Coju.

Regarding your scum list. I had an ability last night. I "watched" someone. I chose Valhaurous and it is reflected in the story below.

Norman walked off in shame, defeated. “There is only one more thing to do,†he quietly murmured to himself.
Ted continued to stand there for a while. His eyes glazed over as he looked at Beth. Then he left and waited around the corner. Meanwhile taking furtive glances at Harry, who was back sitting in the chair, working on the computer. He sat there for a while watching Harry, until he got tired of seeing nothing and then he too left.

((***Now I believe this next part is possibly another "Harry and Ted" or else it is simply story flavor. I do find it interesting and worth pointing out.***))

When Harry finally left he didn’t go back to his own bed. He woke up Ted and they exchanged some words, whispering quietly so not to wake up Norman. Then they left and made their way to Beth’s bed. It was empty, but they heard quiet sobbing and crazed whispers in the hall....

Oh, and because I know there will be squealing from the cheap seats...

flubbucket said:
Sathoris said:
Watcher Role

You can’t believe the extent of the power the Sphere holds. Not to mention the owners that built it and allowed it to be captured. This will surely make you one of the most famous astrophysicist, no person, on earth. But these terrible things going on could jeopardize your trip to the surface. Better keep an eye on them and see what they’re doing.

Tonight and tonight only you can watch one person and find out if anyone’s manifestations came and visited them.

Excellent game Sathoris!

I would like to watch Valhauros

Goryani, why did you remove your Hannibal Lecter avatar?

One of the players mentioned that the only thing that he uses to tell Goryani and Gwaihir apart was their avatar, since Gwaihir never has one, so Goryani removed his.

Any chance of posting something on-topic?

Sure, we want on topic?

Yes, I get that feeling as well. If we are all on the same track, it does not bode well as we are overlooking other players and the Mafia are in a good position to just jump on trains. It could be that is exactly what is happening.

Is Mal Scum for not reading his PM? Is everyone that jumps on him looking for easy excuses? Are you Scum for the wording on your ability? How about this for an alternate Scum list to what has been proposed thus far:

ThunderCat
Valhauros
Pancakeman
Gwaihir

This may not mean anything but on the other hand it may. When omgwtfbbq was Nk'd he was revealed as Town. Not so with Coju.

Heres my take on it, if we are on the same track there are a few possibilities. Obviously if we are on the track of lynching a townie a mafiso is not going to stop it, but at the same time if they think there is going to be enough momentum for the person to get lynched without their vote, they most likely aren't going to jump on the train and let the town do the work for them, then again they could be just setting themselves up for easy lynches. Your new list however is a good start at taking a look in a different direction. Thundercats first thing yesterday was to try and get a lynch on Sathoris. Valhauros is up to his normal lurky self, backing the lynch is better than no lynch line and nothing else. I agree that lynch is better than no lynch but his methods don't make me feel any better. Pancakeman's most recent posts were nothing of substance except for that he didn't have much time to pay attention to the game, and Gwaihir I'm not really getting the "I'm scum" feeling from, and I haven't seen anything as of yet that would point me to that (or not that I remember anyway), maybe you have however since he is on your list.

CG: Why the zero hour lock?

Again, Coju seems like a strange choice for nk. Is there a randon bus driver role?

I'm hammered right now - I'll revisit in the AM. But, even in my state, does anyone get confused when they read that coju was NKd? Of all the players to NK, not to say cujo is a bad player, there are many many more players who better versed in the game and who would be a stronger threat- if they were town.

The thread's alive...it's alive!!!!!!!

I chose Valhauros because of his general lurkyness, and IIRC he hadn't claimed a role yet.

I'm not sure what that story tells us about your watching of Val. Gory voted, so I assume he has an idea?
Maybe I'm oblivious but I didn't get much out of it this time around.

Watching someone will tell more than not watching them will tell.

What is torpor??

Watching someone doesn't tell you anything about that person. It tells you about people who visited said person. Watching a lurker is almost always a lose/lose situation, since it's highly unlikely scum will target a lurker over a more active player.

I think you may have thought you had a tracker role, which I could more easily see using on Valhauros.

Torpor is another word for a very heavy sleep.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High