Mafia - Borderlands!

I hadnt noticed the first post and votes/shots being pointless until coju pointed it out.

So ...

Shoot: Everyone
Shoot Self in foot

This game starts promptly on September 4th at 5:00pm EST, and will start with a 48 hour 'twilight' phase where votes will not be counted and no lynch will occur. After that the game will proceed as normal, alternating between night and day phases.

Ahh.. So, there is no lynch on day 1. Does that mean there is no NK either? I guess it pays to read the rules carefully.. :oops:

Ahh.. So, there is no lynch on day 1. Does that mean there is no NK either? I guess it pays to read the rules carefully.. :oops:

It says no lynch and after that the game will proceed as normal. So there could be an NK.

I think poke would be the proper action for Leopold Stotch

Your face has no info.
Also, I was already on the other list.
You are leading on my super secret scum point tally.

images

11 badasses entered the arena. Some were lithe, like wispy marsh reeds that have been through a long drought only to be awakened by radioactive rain that transformed them into gun toting humans. Others were massive brutes, and anyone who does not weep for their mother should be ashamed of themselves.

One thing in common they had - they were Vault Hunters.

And by definition of being a Vault Hunter, all of them were badasses to be sure. But there was a lingering question that brought them all together to this arena - "Who was the most badass of them all?"

A bell tolled. Nobody really knew what it meant, but nerves were taught and spirits high. Adrenaline and years of being shot at caused built in reactions to trigger. Guns were leveled at other Vault Hunters without reason or thought, and fingers pulled wildly on triggers.

Clack. Clack. Clack.

The sound of empty clips could be heard over the shouting of outrage. Some Vault Hunters refused to accept that their gun was empty and continuing firing anyways, as if they could use sheer force of will as ammunition.

One Vault Hunter even made 'Pew Pew' sounds. He apparently really liked lasers. Mr. Torgue scowls at him, wondering how he even made it through the elimination rounds.

Eventually the round ends. Nobody has been eliminated yet. That's okay though; there is plenty of time to settle new and old grudges alike.

Everyone agrees on one thing though - if Claptrap messed up the ammo again, everyone will quickly find out if strangling a robot is a cathartic past time.

--------

Day One ends.

Night One begins. It ends in 24 hours. Please have night actions submitted to me, should you have any, before Day Two starts.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...2&p0=202&msg=Day+Two+Start&font=cursive&csz=1

Hey...now I'm not the only one missing a toe. In not sure how to also quote the dude running this, but if you see this. I want to know if not having a body part will effect anything....

It is currently night phase. No posting should be occurring at this time.

As you are new and it's still early in the game, I'll grant this as a warning. Please hold further posts until the next scheduled day phase. (see post #117)

Any questions, please PM me directly.

One more thing. Please do not communicate with other players via PM or other means outside of this thread unless your role specifically tells you to.

I cannot give any more warnings this game, and I loathe mod-killing. Please make sure you have read the rules and understand them. If there any concerns or questions, please reach out to me and I'll help. That's my job as moderator.

A new day begins, and this time all Vault Hunters find they have fully functional shields and fully loaded ammo clips.

Wait... the shields?

They've been sabotaged! Everyone, quickly start shooting and use your bullets and/or lasers to root out the saboteur!

-----

Day two has begun. Nobody died.

A RABBLE-ROUSER HAS BEEN DETECTED. While this role is in effect, all necessary lynches are at a -1 penalty. This means it is easier to lynch someone than usual. Additionally, the lynch will become locked the moment the required number is reached.

With 11 alive, it requires five shots to overwhelm someone's shields and lynch them.

Day ends in 48 hours.
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...p0=202&msg=Night+two+start&font=cursive&csz=1

Last edited:
Good morning, ya'll. Today is gonna be a great day for shootin'. I can feel it. Who to shoot...well that's the 64,000 dollar question.

On a similar theme. I've seen the phrase "seems/sounds a little bit scummy" thrown around on this (and the few other games I've played) boards--at early points in the game. Is it the job of the scum to drop clues to make things easier for town or are the "accusers" more enlightened players than those who lay back and try to get a read on the game based upon the interactions of the most active posters? Based upon my understanding, we all have somewhere between a 15-25% chance of being scum and that that label is determined randomly at the outset of the game. As such, it would seem to me that other than stirring the proverbial pot, early game accusations do little to ascertain the actual identity of the scum. I appreciate the fact that if one decides to play Mafia, that they should actually PLAY Mafia...but, based upon my limited experience, posting very little or a great deal has far more to do with the schedule of the player (and, perhaps their interest in the game) than it does their actual guilt or innocence.

For this, I'm confident that I will receive at least a few of the aforementioned "sounds scummy to me" comments. That's fine. But I would hope I could get some reasoned explanations of game theory/strategy as well.

Cheers-

Scott, it's usually just an attempt too get someone on the defensive, where they might divulge some hint of their true role inadvertently. It can be helpful every once in a while, particularly early in the game when power roles like a detective might not have been able to carry out many (or any) successful investigations.

So no one died last night. That means we either have a doc, role blocker, or jail keeper involved. Or a global block on night actions.

I'm less likely to think role blocker because that's a mafia sided role. Noodle, I saw your post there too.

Day open post has been updated.

I apologize for the delay - I'm about 30 miles away from a gigantic forest fire that's consuming the Northwest, and there's a lot of things going on.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High