KTA - New run discussion

Re: KTA - New run discussion

I´ll be there tonight. Let´s see if there are enough of us.

I'll be there if all goes according to plan (playing at work yet again).
Not killing of course but a littl bit of extra life and mana can't be all bad.

See yous soonish
Tom

...Not killing of course...

Not until you start using War Cry eh? Or are you not going in for those singing shennanigans beyond BO etc?

EDIT: After reviewing some guides and messing about on skill calcs to decide what to do with Rooth's life after Enchant, I have decided to get myself a useful fire skill in the form of Fire Wall (shame Inferno is soooo pants or I would use that as it's synergies would be maxed!) as I will have Fire Mastery maxed and its damage will be respectable, I figured, why not! The leftover 19 points will go towards Chilling Armour for some extra defence to max me out at level 99 (lolz, yeah, like we will get there!) based on Alash's advice (thanks dude) but obviously none of this beard will happen until Enchant, Warmth and Fire Mastery are maxed for you girls and boy!

Last edited:

So guys, where do me and Ivan have to catch up to then? I'm level 33 and I walked from Crystalline WP to WSK2 WP last night...hope that was enuff or did you go into NM?

Had some hairy moments where I nearly died...but not any that you would expect! The first was the Yeti Champs guarding the Frozen River, who managed to surround me in a neat triangle when I tele-ed in to Static them and then hit me in tandem, forcing the hit recovery thingimagigger (which I have none of!) every time one connected so I couldn't Static or Tele away...I was amazed how many hits I took before I decided to pop a potion! Carrying on into the Frozen River was not a problem until I got to Frozenstein...had to put a river section between them and me as they were hurty!
In the Glacial Trail and come to think of it, any other place these ****ers spawn, Nilly's Temple (personalized the phatty 'Leaf'), Ancient's Way, Bloody Foothills I came across my next possible NDE cause...Death Maulers...man, a gang of them raping my sorc from under the ground was not funny!

Still, despite those nigglers, it was fairly easy walking with my fragile little sorc, just a smattering of Static but mostly just using my Enchanted merc like a Necro telestomps! He shot up in levels and is 2 below me iirc!

Let me know what the score is then peeps and I will try to catch up on quests/levels that I have missed before next week!

We finished, doing some Baals and a Cowrun and did Den in nm. All are around level 40.

I still feel the urge, to kick Nihlas *** in norm. He is a threat and I want to see him dead.

I'm level 35, so if you want company in catching up send me a PM and we can figure something out.

Thanks very much for the reply man, seems like I have a bit more to do then!
Nilly went down surprisingly well for me...he hit me with one or two CE's but it didn't do a lot of damage and I lured most of the minions away to kill so Nilly couldn't use them on me and then just telestomped him as well! He dropped nothing, which was a bummer!
Anything decent drop from Baal? I had quite a few gems drop on the way, which I have cubed up to make a couple of perfects or flawless but that was about it!
Only useful thing I found was a 2 socket Light Plate, which i'm hoping to make into a Stealth if the runes are spare, so I can have a bit of FHR and FRW to escape if needs be!

EDIT: Must have posted just as you did Alash! Appreciate the offer very much, although the next time I can get on would be Thursday after band practise I reckon...thats 10:30ish UK time, how does that sound?

Last edited:

Not until you start using War Cry eh? Or are you not going in for those singing shennanigans beyond BO etc?

I doubt I'll focus much on damage. With 64 points spent on focus skills the damage output will be minimal anyways. A couple of more horking points will be the wiser route IMO. I have da ladies to do da killin' anyways.

On a brighter note - looks like I'll get my connection back this friday. Then I'll resume my usual spamming of the forums and update this thread with pictures and whatnot of the last 3 runs :nod:.

Tom

Fallout 3 report please - is it worth my dosh?

There are a lot of people that are criticising this game but I think they are the Fallout purists. I've never played any of the previous Fallout games but this has grabbed me by the family jewels and will not let go.

If you liked Oblivion and like shooting things then this is a must, then again you don't have to shoot anything and smack them over the head instead! It's basically a souped up Oblivion game engine and if you're PC can play Oblivion then you are sorted spec wise. My machine is not all that and I can play at 1680x1050 with 4xAA and 10xAF draw distances maxed.

Explore where and when you want, lot's of loot and skills to play around with. Exploration is very rewarding. I will be replaying this a good few times as there's so many avenues that your actions can take you. The VATS system of combat (optional) is very, very slick and really adds cool points to your kills when you watch you character at a third person angle blowing a mutants head off. I personally cannot find anything wrong with this and I'm loving every minute of it.

Highly recommended, this will be money well spent. Not only that, look out for tons of mods and expansions for the future.

My only gripe is that sometimes the game crashes when I try to exit the game but I'm sure a patch will be sorting that out.

Far Cry 2 and the Witcher are not getting a look in and these are both super games too!

EDIT: Must have posted just as you did Alash! Appreciate the offer very much, although the next time I can get on would be Thursday after band practise I reckon...thats 10:30ish UK time, how does that sound?
Sorry I missed it, but I've been so busy with studies I've not been online since Monday! At the looks of things I won't be today either, but maybe I can gain a few levels over the weekend...

Fallout 3...Highly recommended, this will be money well spent...

Oh yes dude, watched my mate playing this last night, the VATS is back! Very smooth, very sexy game and you also get real effects when you beat particularly tenacious baddies corpses about the head with a baseball bat after you capped them for their audacity!

Sorry I missed it, but I've been so busy with studies I've not been online since Monday! At the looks of things I won't be today either, but maybe I can gain a few levels over the weekend...

Its alright dude, after arguing with my missus and the band last night at practise I didn't do any gaming at all, or since Monday as well! Not sure if I will have any time this weekend either...might have to catch me up a bit in the run team!

I'm stinking ill so i'm at home but I won't miss KTA! Might try and catch up a level or two before tonight's session if I can...

How strange I am also dead and off today.

One additional little problem is my main HDD went bye bye. The good news is I was replacing it shortly so that got moved up - Vista 64 bit is now the OS of choice for me, and 8GB of memory is incoming too (weds)

If I can get Diablo 2 installed before tonight you'll see me there, if not you'll know why!

Will try my best.......

I'm afraid I can't make it to tonight's run. It's what we call Morten's Aften (I believe the British term is "Indian summer"), with festivities, guests, and all that.

Good luck people, and stay safe! :)

I´m sorry, that I couln´t show up, but real life interfered. Let me know, how far you progressed and I will catch up, till next Monday.

No biggy dude, we were not really lacking in killing power yesterday, so we managed!

We started out doing some Baal runs to get Rooth op to par with the rest of us and then proceeded into Nightmare where we have just whacked Andy and our caravan got a warm welcome from Jerhyn in Lut Gholein.

No notable finds, iirc. Just one imbue quest that turned out ridiculously good.
Overall the Enchant is really starting to kick in for the melee fighters and Frozen Orb and Static are ravaging Hell's minions like it ain't no thing, so overall killing speed turned out real good.

It's a good thing I decided to lvl Fend and Charged Strike at the same time, we're taking down act bosses like the average girlfriend does chocolate bars :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High