KTA - New run discussion

Re: KTA - New run discussion

Act 1 in nm should be not to hard for my girls. What level are you girs ( and Tom ) now?

It's a good thing I decided to lvl Fend and Charged Strike at the same time, we're taking down act bosses like the average girlfriend does chocolate bars :)

Which can be a royal pain for a whimpy guy taking snapshots :nod:.
And there were no near-deaths either - a great and fast paced run.

Act 1 in nm should be not to hard for my girls. What level are you girs ( and Tom ) now?

I am currently level 48. The rest of the team is level 42 - 48 IIRC and at the beginning of act II NM. If you plan on playing during the weekend, you can drop me a PM - if I am available, I can sit in your game and cast the occasional BO if needed.

I still have some skill and stat points to place before next session. The horking dosen't seem to be the best of choices, since most corpses will be shattered or exploded.
WC is another option, but will require the theme of "the pure pimp" to be bent a little. Not to mention the added gear requirements and mana-usage. Mana and fcr equipment is in short supply as it is.
I could of course just pump points into Iron Skin and Resistance, but as we all know, the benefit of additional skill points beyond the first is heavily diminished.
Any thoughts on the matter will be appreciated.

Furthermore - we discussed whether act II mercs should be "allowed" for everyone or it ought to just be 14 gals and 2 guys. Personally I think that any merc should be allowed - too much depends upon the pimp, if he holds the only Insight source.

If I were you I'd go full warcries.
A pimp needs to protect his biznatches from culprits trying to snatch them away from him, imho :)
Wether the goal might be to put them to work for said culprit's own means or for satisfying his particularly morbid lust for death and mutilation, you gotta put the smackdown!

Be careful with CE/FE/LE though. The stun is potentially dangerous for party members. Just read up on that and you should be fine.

Morning people!

I have been put down heavy with my poor little lungs on fire for a week! Haven't logged in here for that long either, feels like an age!

As TJ said, I would like to know who has what merc so we know how to cover the bases, ideally, a Might and Holy Freeze merc should be in order now we are in Act 2, but if I am the only idiot to have picked up an Act 2 Merc besides TJ (I thought I wasn't the only one, so that's why i'm checking!) I will switch back...lemme know please people!

So, i'm in and wanting to kick some bad, considering my missus has pretty much left me again and has been sleeping with friends this whole week as well...is it too late for a toon name change?!

/making light of the situation

Cya laters people!

Dude, starting to see a pattern there, sorry to hear that... :/

I'm still with my A1 merc and ofcourse my evil babe will be present tonight :girly:

Morning people!

I have been put down heavy with my poor little lungs on fire for a week! Haven't logged in here for that long either, feels like an age!

So, i'm in and wanting to kick some bad, considering my missus has pretty much left me again and has been sleeping with friends this whole week as well...

Man, a bad weekend? I'm sorry to hear that :(

/making light of the situation

Cya laters people!

I'll be there - pimping you back on your feet.
Hopefully an evening of fun will take your mind off things for a while.

I have a pretty hectic RL myself with tension and trouble in either aspect - be it work, GF, children etc. So I'll take an evening of fun and leisure and worry tomorrow.

Tom

Until now I couldn´t catch up, but hopefully I can log on before 8 and do exactly that. Anyway, I´m there tonight.

Thanks for the support guys...it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that work was busy before I took a week off to deal with my ill lungs of bronchitis fire and the woman shennanigans and now i'm back I have 20 files on my desk!!
I'm going to try to talk to her tonight after KTA so wish me luck!

Hey chaps, looks like I'll have to excuse my absence once more. I'm currently in the middle of an examination paper - a case dealing with the business economy related to Project Green Ship of the Future, a Danish project involving loads of shipping-related businesses. It's nearing its end, and everything is a bit hectic, so I haven't even had time to think about gaming!

That said, it's delivered by tomorrow, so next Monday I should finally be free again. Just tell me how far to go and what level to aim for, and I'll be damn sure to make it.

Sorry again!

That said, it's delivered by tomorrow, so next Monday I should finally be free again. Just tell me how far to go and what level to aim for, and I'll be damn sure to make it.

Sorry again!

It'll be great to have you onboard the pimpmobile again.
You should aim for level 48 - 52; at the LK waypoint act III, NM.

I myself have to excuse the lack of screenshots. As I mentioned my RL has been quite hectic these past 2 weeks, and I simply haven't had an opportunity to post them. Sorry.

Thanks for the support guys...it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that work was busy before I took a week off to deal with my ill lungs of bronchitis fire and the woman shennanigans and now i'm back I have 20 files on my desk!!
I'm going to try to talk to her tonight after KTA so wish me luck!

Good luck man!

i'm sorry to hear about ur troubles Mr K!

Happy days, all is well now; its funny how she has gone from ravening beast to everything's OK and can't print the rest due to it being a filtered forum...man, i'll never get women!
Anyhoo, onto KTA stuffage, how far did you guys get? Luckily you wiped out the Sewers Level 3 in Act 2 and my tp was on Level 3 when I left to go talk to her so all I had to do was Tele around a bit and I got myself the Skiller Book! Shame Fred left or I could have shipped him one as well!

We made it 'til Lower Kurast, had some real decent luck on the maps.

And we found you a Hexfire from Duriel! :girly:

We made it 'til Lower Kurast, had some real decent luck on the maps.

Nice one thanks...i'll Tele over the lot if it becomes an issue!

And we found you a Hexfire from Duriel! :girly:

The Message Log managed to not scroll out on that one, should have posted that I knew about it, sorry! That will be wicked for me, mainly for the ITD so I can start smacking things upside the head! Will try to catch up this week ready for next Monday!

Anybody else planning to show up tonight? I know I am :badteeth:

Am stuck in birmingham for work. Left 430am and not back till 10pm i have recently fixed d2 on vista so i should return soon. Leave a msg at the end of where you lot are ok!

Morning motley KTA crew!

Last night I walked my fragile little sorcie through all of Act 2 to get all the wps, was surprisingly easy although I didn't feel confident enough in taking on Duriel without help!

I somehow got the bird quest all ready when I walked into Act 3 which was a bonus so I got my life, got the Gidbinn and Flayer Waypoint and didn't feel confident about taking on Stormtree either so I stopped there and will take Lower Kurast wp from you guys tonight! I hit level 48...what sort of level is everyone else?

EDIT: I found a few flawless and cubed up a few perfs with what I had in the stash and a General's Tan Do Li Ga dropped just outside of town in Act 2 which was a great help as it is quite fast and I could help my merc out by whacking the odd straggler but other than that, nothing decent dropped at all...I got one small, one large and one grand charm and all were rubbish!

Last edited:

Morning motley KTA crew!

Last night I walked my fragile little sorcie through all of Act 2 to get all the wps, was surprisingly easy although I didn't feel confident enough in taking on Duriel without help!

I somehow got the bird quest all ready when I walked into Act 3 which was a bonus so I got my life, got the Gidbinn and Flayer Waypoint and didn't feel confident about taking on Stormtree either so I stopped there and will take Lower Kurast wp from you guys tonight! I hit level 48...what sort of level is everyone else?

Recruit Pimp reporting for duty at lvl. 52.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High