KTA - New run discussion

MrKaxe

Jul 18, 2006
www.twitch.tv
KTA - New run discussion

The current session of KTA seems to be slowing down due to me killing off the people i'm running with (not intentionally! Just that old FE chestnut again!) so I am creating this new thread for discussion of a next possible theme for the run and to see who will be interested in joining in and injecting some new blood into our adventures (read: op gausserz interested?!)

Now, just to clarify for new faces, these are 'Da Roolz' (cut n pasted from Tika and updated a little by me!)

1) We play every Monday, from around 7:00pm (1900) to 9:00-9:30pm (2100-2130) UK Time, most European players should add one hour onto that for time difference...

2) We play untwinked, (mostly) full clears with all quests completed in each act. (Note: If we feel we need some key items for a certain build and the limited amount of boss-killing/mf-ing we do yields nothing, then we could see some exceptions later on in Hell when it is becoming impossible to fuction as part of the team e.g a WW Barb using a 1-15 Crystal Sword in Hell would be a candidate for a sword muled in from outside of KTA!)
Items are to be shared equally and given according to needs of the current party builds etc; if a charm drops, take it by all means, but if you find a 6% Fire Res charm and yours is already in the 50's and you are a caster, check to make sure someone else (like a melee-er) isn't in the 20's etc...it's all amicable play, with the idea in mind of being a strong party!

3) If you decide to join our merry band, please make sure you are there as often as possible...if you think you can't really do Monday's as your schedule is too hectic, don't sign up, sorry, its just rather a bad thing to have a group of 6 in theory, and end up playing with half that all the time but absence is usually posted in the thread beforehand with reason so it's never a problem but excuses of "I could not be bothered" don't cut it...commit people!

4) We meet in channel KTA before each session to discuss, mule off items before playtime commences etc and if the channel is empty, you are late and we are in-game already! The game name and password is given in-channel so please arrive promptly.

5) Most of all, we respect each other and have FUN. We are out to kick the minions of Hell in a challenging way, why not do it as a group of mates eh?!

6) Members of the old run get priority placement on the new run but there will be many spaces left, as well as reserve spaces, so join up today!

Right, now thats over with, please post your forum name, account name if you are interested and possible themes for the new run and build ideas!

(God bless Cut n Paste! Had to dig back in my post history to get these roolz out!)

Re: KTA - New run discussion

I'm in, ofcorpse...

No clue as of yet for a theme.

I'll have you know, dear Watson, that it was quite intentional :D

I know I said I shouldn't play ranged attackers again in KTA in the soon-to-be old thread, but I want to play a Multi-Shot Zon in the next run...just realised I haven't built one since 1.09!

You guys should make classic characters now imo..

Nothing stopping us dude, KTA will run with that as a theme if everyone was up for it...you up for this run, classic or xpac?

Oh heck - I haven't played in 2 months.
Plus I'm a bit of a dunce playing in parties (read I get confuddleduplike).

I'd like to try this though, if there is a reserve spot left.
I'll keep myself available every monday.
I'd really prefer a character out of heavy melee range and not too central to the theme, since I'll likely die at some point (if you'll accept me that is).

Thomas (no account info as of yet, though TJ_Hardcore probably still exists)

Frankly, I'd love to join up, if it wasn't for the fact that I have something else going on each monday evening. Damn it!

I'm in, as always :grin:
About the theme, i've been thinking about a 'one class'-theme, where everyone uses the same character class but with different builds.

That might be very hard on the untwinked side of life... Kinda like when you have 8 builds that are dependant on Crushing Blow items for instance.

I'm usually pretty creative, but hotdamn my mind is slow today...

I cant really commit if it's on mondays as i would have to miss every other session.

If i may be as bold as make the shout of changing the day? Not to cause any dissrespect to any of kaxes predecesors.

Anyway on the theme front i quite like the thought of no ranged chars. But that's me i love getting in the middle of things.

Adam

edit- Lol kaxe u murderer! you and your reckless ranged ways. lol

Mondays you say? Hrmm, my project group won't approve of that. Still, my project group doesn't have to know - I could simply fake that I have a chronic illness that peaks once every week. Nasty things those illnesses, eh!

If there's still room I should like to enter this event. I have a few wild ideas of my own as to the theme of the setup, but being a newcomer and all I'll see what you have in mind first.

Just bring on the ideas, I'm still suffering from a creative block :badteeth:

Reading your post does make me wonder if you'll be able to commit the Monday evening. I mean, I don't mind what you do with your project group. Just make sure you have thought over thoroughly wether you will be able to commit to the KTA sessions and won't have to drop out after like two weeks or something because it turns out your project group has trouble buying into your chronic illness story :)

I wouldn't have signed up if I weren't 100% sure I met the requirements - you just leave the illness faking to me. ;)

A single-class focus is a fun idea, but it can easily be abused and made immensely overpowered, which means that there would have to be limitations. An example could be that we all go for Skelemancers, but we each have to choose our own secondary skill, like for instance one of the Golems, Decrep, Amplify etc. And, to make matters worse (as this will really make minced meat of everything and everyone), all attribute points had to be put into, say, Strength. So 8 titan Necromancers, being beyond squishy, but with a combined army of a whopping ~100 Skeletons (hope you've stacked up on RAM gentlemen). Hope you got widescreens.

An alternative to this could be 8 summoner druids.

As for the D2C approach, I wouldn't mind that one bit. Haven't played classic for years, and I miss the excitement of finding that one-and-only rare Lance. Runewords are so overpowered anyway...

I kind of like the idea of a speed based group.

BoS kickasin, Fanat Pally, Vigour Pally, Frenzy Baby, Strafeazon, Fury Wolf etc

Could have amusement factor with kind of steamrolling effect over the mobs :)

I actually made this Assassin on softcore (though only with 48 BoS - those claws 3/3 claws are near impossible to get), and spiced it with Lightning Sentry as a main skill. Have never ever cleared The Den that fast before, and I had quite a laugh too. The only difficulty is that when you outrun arrows, looting and hitting things suddenly becomes a challenge. :)

Speed group is nice, but one of the recent runs was exactly that. That's when we started referring to ourselves as the army ant steamroller of demon death and destruction :)

Hi guys,
just to let you know I haven't forgotten about you :)

A few random thoughts that might possibly help ...

Firstly, we only chose Monday for this, as it was the best evening for those playing at that time. If another day is preferable now, then play on a dfiierent day (kinda obvious, but needed mentioning).

The team of titan skellimancers has 2 main problems. Firstly, as in any team where many are of one class/build, everyone will want the same gear. Secondly, the first group of gloams or spearcats that you come across will cause deeds.

What about a team where all players choose a char and only play using single tree skills? Reduces gear questions, even if the class is the same. Also makes for strong chars (except when immunes are around) and a very strong team.

Even though I don't play D2 any more, I still get a bee in my bonnet about a team of 3 necros 'dating' 3 sorcs. Each char play a single tree, with every kind of damage being present. If you want, a barb and/or druid could act as chaperone.

Also, quite a while ago now, I was in a team that only had zons with big spears. Obviously, everyone had an act 2 merc and valk. Still enough variety of skills to make the chars different. Was great to see a screen full of chars, summons and mercs ALL using big 2-handed hurty sticks. You'll get some cool screenshots :)

This is important, so play close attention. Whatever you decide to do - have fun and stay safe.

DelBoy

ps - I look forward to reading about your adventures.

The team of titan skellimancers has 2 main problems. Firstly, as in any team where many are of one class/build, everyone will want the same gear. Secondly, the first group of gloams or spearcats that you come across will cause deeds.

I never said it would be easy, but then again if it were, where's the fun in that? Gloams, Spearcats and other ranged evil can be countered in numerous ways - PDR, MDR, Bone Armor, Resistances and %DR, most of which is easily available even to an untwinked character. The loos in +skills gear to boost minions is outweighed by the sheer number of Skeletons hacking at any one monster, which also leaves for more survival-focused itemization.

Anyway, as I understand everyone needs to agree on this before we give it a go. And odds of everyone agreeing to this strange idea is... remote. :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High