KTA - New run discussion

Re: KTA - New run discussion

Glad to see there has been a bit of discussion while I have been out with my stinking sore throat!

Sorry Adam but I just realised that Monday's is pretty much the only day I can do KTA sessions barring Friday, but i'm sure all you drunks wouldn't want to do it then and I can't move any of my other weekday events, as they are all solid e.g Band Practise requires a booked (£) studio every Thursday which would be a pain to jiggle around as we tend to block-book and DnD on a Tuesday and Wednesday would mean i'd have to drop a character...I suppose I could drop Wednesdays DnD session, if I really REALLY had to, but I would not be happy about it...but at the same time if it meant keeping you in KTA...

The numbers look to be shaping up fairly well, i'm going to pencil down a list...

MrKaxe
oOmpie
PestinReace
Krazeyivan (prev. runners get an autospot, unless they refuse it)
drinkturps (see above)
BoD_Trader? (if the day gets changed)
Alash?
chiller_babe?

How come you don't play anymore then waflob?! Was looking forward to having you back in this run...

The ideas for the themes are coming along nicely, keep it up people, I have a lot of files on my desk that need my attention...thats what I get for being out of office 2 damn days!

I am sorry I won't be able to join the group I was just trying to help oOmpies collapsed brain ;)

I play D2 weds and thurs and I only get in from work at 7pm UK time, but I am glad KTA still continues.

If I haven't yet confirmed that I'll participate, here goes. I should like to participate in this event, and until further notice (that is, unexpected things that none of us can foresee) I'll show up every Monday 10 minutes before kickoff. :)

Back on the theme discussion, an idea occurred to me. How about comprising a party where each player has a specific role to play? So for example you have:

(1) A PDR tank to deal with the meanies
(2) A MF character whose sole purpose is to do the killing blow on bosses and loot chests
(3) A goldfinder barb to fund gambling of items for the party
(4) A holy bolter to heal the party
(5) A singer/sage buffer to keep everyone alive
(6) An enchanter to give everyone an edge
(7) + (8) And finally some DPS to kill things and keep the party progressing nicely.

This would also easily solve the issue of two or more players needing the same item, and would certainly add an amount of diversity to the group. Further more, I think it'd be nice if people had roles, so that beside the requirement of being there, their presence actually makes a difference.

ThomasJohnsen also applied for a spot on the first page, iirc.

Perhaps we need not focus too much on a theme and just play whatever we like and would be a nice complement to the group. We'll probably get an overpowered group but imho almost ANY decent sized group will **** the game, no matter what.

Heck, I'll even play Classic if I can just get my good ol' fix of fun D2.

Regarding the titan skelemancers theme: I'm kind of reluctant to play a theme that forces me to abandon safety altogether. It's still hardcore and keeping a full group safe untwinked is not to be taken too lightly, imho...

Last run we had a couple sessions with very low tornouts and fred and me ended up plowing through hell with just a conviction avenger and a singer barb... without Insight...
If we would have been forced to abandon safety by the theme we would have got murdered by the first Fallen we encountered.

Well, I understand that everyone wants to get through without having to look at those ugly deeds, but (for me at least) playing in a full party means that pretty much everything is a walk in the park. If you make a setup that doesn't adhere to the fact, that 8 players plough through everything like it weren't there, there won't be much of a challenge left. Admittedly the main focus is to socialize, but I really do like a challenge too. :)

Oh poo! I knew i'd miss one! My apologies Thomas!

New List:

MrKaxe
oOmpie
PestinReace
Krazeyivan (prev. runners get an autospot, until they refuse it)
drinkturps (see above)
BoD_Trader? (if the day gets changed)
Alash
ThomasJohnsen
Zelator?

My £0.02p on the theme; I like the single skill tree idea that waflob kicked out, VERY challenging considering most characters will have a few points dotted around the other 2 trees and specialize in one, could be interesting...i'm mostly with oOmpie though, as lately KTA has been a bit all over the place, once we get a solid party down on paper and get through a proper run we can start to expand into more broader themes...for now, keeping it fairly simple might be a good idea but as I said, i'm up for anything...as long as i'm not killing off my buddies!

*voice from the off*
Since the list of players has changed quite a bit, why not use an old theme. I enjoyed the "girls only" theme a lot, where only amas, assas and sorcs with act 1 mercs were arround. It was challenging, as there was no BO or OAK arround, and seeing that much chicks beating up monsters was just hilarous. :girly:

Looks like everyone is gonna gang up on me about Mondays...is there going to be a mutiny? If so, remember, i'm only acting leader until Tikadea comes back...infact, waflob or McCain123 have waaay more KTA time clocked than me...lynch them!

*points at waflob n McCain123 and whistles, shuffles feet and looks away...

Looks like everyone is gonna gang up on me about Mondays...is there going to be a mutiny? If so, remember, i'm only acting leader until Tikadea comes back...infact, waflob or McCain123 have waaay more KTA time clocked than me...lynch them!

*points at waflob n McCain123 and whistles, shuffles feet and looks away...

Talking of tika - when are we expecting a reappearance?

I have been wiped out with a bad cold/throat/head hell everything!

Ideas seem good so far - I'll post my interest girl idea is fun - love me some girl on girl - hell I'll play Andariel :p

*voice from the off*
Since the list of players has changed quite a bit, why not use an old theme. I enjoyed the "girls only" theme a lot, where only amas, assas and sorcs with act 1 mercs were arround. It was challenging, as there was no BO or OAK arround, and seeing that much chicks beating up monsters was just hilarous. :girly:

Woohaa, count me in!
Spearzon it will be in that case :D

BoS with Venom Bow Assassin for me please! Surely I can't get anyone killed with that build...

*whistles innocently...

I have all the confidence in the world you'd be able to kill off teammates with a cracked dagger thrower sorceress :)

Dude...that is my next character...Enchantress with Throwing Something...max block, Hydras as a distraction, oh that would be mint!

Hello all. This new idea sounds really cool. Are we saying that the all girl action party is the new theme? It sounds like a right giggle.

I've got two potential ideas, my first is with the theme and i've always wanted to make a character with maxed static and frozen orb. Not very original but i've always wanted to try maxed static.

The other was kind of in line (well sort of), I was thinking of a pimp for the ladies. A pure singer and hawker baba. No combat skills. Every party needs insight and the pimp will just run around and shout providing pink juvs whilst the ladies do all the work.

Work wise I'm all back to normal again. So Mondays are good to go.

Oh poo! I knew i'd miss one! My apologies Thomas!

No appologies needed. I wasn't sure you'd let me join anyways considering my limited (read non-existant) experience with this kind of setup.

I was mainly in this for the fun of it (I have been following the other threads and it sounds like loads of fun). Chances are, that I'll be the first to get deeds, so if another more seasoned player should appear, I'll give up my seat.

Or maybe I can be a backup for a veteran player, only available on some mondays.......

Either way, I'm up for it. Girls :girly: and all.

I think you guys should go with a skill restriction rather than a class restriction.

Only skills up to level 18 would be interesting. Perhaps not allowed to use skills that synergize.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High