KTA - New run discussion

Re: KTA - New run discussion

Good run yesterday people, I think it was a good idea to get all of those forges out of the way as we can catch up the absentees much easier this way!

We are currently at the River of Flame waypoint ready to do NM Dia...not looking forward to that personally, as I won't be doing any damage to the Fire Immunes in there but meh, we have SoopaOrb for that and I can snipe the OK's!

Dia scares the **** out of me :badteeth:, although the resist circlet you got me yesterday is making it look less horrible than before. And admittedly he's prolly gonna die before he gets to lightning hose even once...

Please someone remember me to switch to that javelin I am carrying around for CS purposes :eek: although I still need a shield to go with that, hehehe.

I'm pretty sure I'll instagib myself if I happen to fend my way into a group of OK's...

Heheheh, my res is quite high and with BO and my Amp Knives (if it ever procs) he will go down quickly...like you, its the damn OK's i'm worried about!

It was a very enjoyable session and with our shiny new insight I can spam FO without taking a mana hit. My bulb is full before I fire off the next one. I'm going to max the synergy (every little helps).

I hear you Kaxe and oOmpie. Dia will be a walk in the park. Don't be scared.

Static will have him within 25% of his death in no time. Dia never seems to hurt as much as he does in Normal. With the pimps BO shining on us and our valkyries and shadows (all chanted of course), we'll have plenty of time to chug a juv if need be.

See you all next week.

It was a good run, and we got quite lucky on the HFs, I think.
IIRC we should be able to make Duress (unless we are out of Shaels), Enlightenment, Gloom, Lionheart or Smoke. And a Ko should enable us to get a merc Harmony (speed is allways nice). Treachery would also be nice, if we should get lucky and find a Lem.
Obedience might also be an option later on, though my merc is keeping the Insight stick for a while. I really enjoy being able to shout to my hearts content.

#EDIT: On 2nd thought - what we need is a Mahna Mahna.

Last edited:

A double-posting to announce, that I won't participate in the KTA on monday (GF birthday). I will pm Dean the account and pass for my pimp, so you can keep him idle in-game for BO. Or play him, if you choose.

Sorry
TJ

MUPPETS RULE! Wish your missus a Happy Birthday dude, incidently, mine has left me again, wish she'd make her mind up!

With the absence of Tom we will need someone to run the BO'er as well as their own toon...can anyone run 2 copies of d2 at once? (the legit way! :)) If not, I will bring zee pimp in, BO you lot, then hang back with my little sorcie like, oh, a few screens away, say, town! :tongue:

Who's in for Big D then?

I spent yesterday trying to catch up a bit - it was hard work - I'm only level 31 - heading to anya, my machine is now running D2 but I have issues (shocker!)

1) Even with patch 1.12 (Vista 64 Bit) it demands the CD to be installed and it trys to start the music off the CD a lot - this freezes my screen for around 4 - 5 secs - how I did not die was a minor miracle (valk tanking I suspect)

2) I'm miles behind you lot so its a waste of a session catching me up (I'll potter on with her and try and catch you lot up) - I'm going to invest time in seeing if I can cure this freeze issue too

I refreshed most of my non-KTA dudes too while I was on. So my lvl 92 necro is going nowhere nor is Captain Smiter.

I spent yesterday trying to catch up a bit - it was hard work - I'm only level 31 - heading to anya, my machine is now running D2 but I have issues (shocker!)

1) Even with patch 1.12 (Vista 64 Bit) it demands the CD to be installed and it trys to start the music off the CD a lot - this freezes my screen for around 4 - 5 secs - how I did not die was a minor miracle (valk tanking I suspect)

Bash it with a hammer...wait, not the best solution but meh...

2) I'm miles behind you lot so its a waste of a session catching me up (I'll potter on with her and try and catch you lot up) - I'm going to invest time in seeing if I can cure this freeze issue too

I'd much rather you were caught up to a reasonable state that us to charge on ahead without you...I mean, we are nearly a whole difficulty level above you! If we keep going it will get out of hand! I vote to keep us all up on the same par...we have to catch Alash up as well so it's not a big deal, we all have real life issues and we all know we have to deal with them so it's perfectly understandable dude, no worries!

I refreshed most of my non-KTA dudes too while I was on. So my lvl 92 necro is going nowhere nor is Captain Smiter.

I haven't played outside of KTA in ages...if you are around tonight dude would you be up for it?

Check your PM's by the way!

Imho we spend some time rushing you, dude... Hopefully Alash wil be there and we can work him up to our lvl as well. I'd rather spend a session catching people up then losing people because they can't catch up on their own.

It's a group thang, brothah!

I'll be around tonight, by the way :girly:

Good session had by all. oOmpie was in charge of the pimp (as Tom thinks it's more important taking his girlfriend out for her birthday that taking part in this session :crazyeyes:) and we spent the time levelling up Ivan from 31 to 41 (I think), cow runs and baals. Plenty of good things dropped and I'm now sporting a tarn helm and perf topaz for 80% MF goodness. I was also donated a 10%mf ring with a load of mana on too (can't remember who that was but thanks!)

We got ivan up to the start of A3 which is pretty good going. Didn't really matter that we never made any progress towards Big D as it was damn good fun levelling up Ivan.

See you all next week.

Good session had by all. oOmpie was in charge of the pimp (as Tom thinks it's more important taking his girlfriend out for her birthday that taking part in this session :crazyeyes:) and we spent the time levelling up Ivan from 31 to 41 (I think), cow runs and baals. Plenty of good things dropped and I'm now sporting a tarn helm and perf topaz for 80% MF goodness. I was also donated a 10%mf ring with a load of mana on too (can't remember who that was but thanks!)

We got ivan up to the start of A3 which is pretty good going. Didn't really matter that we never made any progress towards Big D as it was damn good fun levelling up Ivan.

See you all next week.

Nice to hear you had a good run :nod:.
Hopefully I won't log in and find my pimpster in pink pantyhose or summit :whistling:.
I actually had a great time too - excellent dinner at a fancy restaurant without having to open my wallet :wink:. Highly recommended! Don't go genetleman or dutch - make the lass cough up the mealticket (at least once in a while :girly:).

Regards
TJ

Good to hear, that you didn´t do Diablo yesterday, as I was pretty late even for idling. Well I got a new PC with Vista and I need to sort a few things out, before I can join you again. I joined with the Notebook yesterday, but playing with that is out of question, as the graphic memory is shared, the processor is slow and I´m lagging 50% of the time. I guess I will return next week with the new PC.

Don't worry Tom,
I put the thong he was wearing yesterday back on my own toon after we were done ;)

...I'm now sporting a tarn helm and perf topaz for 80% MF goodness. I was also donated a 10%mf ring with a load of mana on too (can't remember who that was but thanks!)

Both were me dude, enjoy :)

Nice to hear you had a good run :nod:.
Hopefully I won't log in and find my pimpster in pink pantyhose or summit :whistling:.
I actually had a great time too - excellent dinner at a fancy restaurant without having to open my wallet :wink:. Highly recommended! Don't go genetleman or dutch - make the lass cough up the mealticket (at least once in a while :girly:).

Regards
TJ

Heheheh, pimp to the core! :thumbup: Nice food = win :wink: We figured oOmpie controlling the BO would be best!

Good to hear, that you didn´t do Diablo yesterday, as I was pretty late even for idling. Well I got a new PC with Vista and I need to sort a few things out, before I can join you again. I joined with the Notebook yesterday, but playing with that is out of question, as the graphic memory is shared, the processor is slow and I´m lagging 50% of the time. I guess I will return next week with the new PC.

Good luck on sorting evil PC's out for next week dude!

EDIT: Heheheh! Ewwww oOmpie!!

Last edited:

Copy d2music.??? from cd to the d2 folder, that solves the music problem. The other solutions are less than legit ones

I'm not able to make it this evening so I wish you all happy hunting tonight.

If you find any good stuff for me you know what to do :thumbsup:

Give Big D a good slap from me.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High