GoMule for D2 Resurrected

Is it suggested that D2R is exited prior to opening GoMule and moving items

For D2R you need to completely exit the game as the characters appear to be held in memory after S&E, so not completely exiting the game will lead to dupes/lost items. I have an in game mule I can dump stuff off into when I don't want to exit all the way out. Then I can just mule off of that character using GoMule when I'm done for the session.

Maybe this has already been reported, here we go:

It seems like GoMule will let me put all of my gold (~20mil) into the shared stash, but I'm pretty sure that means I'll lose it. I'm going to check the max value in game, and then test that by putting 1 extra gold in there.

250001.PNG

So, I tried to play the game, and I kept getting a "failed to join game" error.

I removed that 1 extra gold, and now I can join. So, I didn't lose the gold, but having more than 2.5mil did prevent me from playing the game. Would it be easy to put a cap on the amount? It's not *super* important since it's easily fixed, but maybe there should be a cap.

The optimist in me wants to believe that this belies a future Open Bnet, but I'll try to restrain myself. :whistle:

Reactions: Zyr and NorthDakota
I'm sure I am doing something wrong. I downloaded and extracted GoMule to my downloads folder. I downloaded JAVA. I click to start gomule and get a split second of a black dialog box and it closes. Do I need to extract this to a different folder?

If you have put it into the java folder, then probably yes. GoMule probably lacks write permissions in there. I've made an apps directory in my user directory, for stuff I'm installing by hand, like Gomule.

Hi guys,

I was wondering if the following is a known issue (GoMule R0.44: Resurrected).
  • From time to time when loading a D2R character its inventory is empty (personnal inventory, personnal stash and cube) despite the character having items stored in its inventory ingame. When it happens i m forced to transfer items previously stored on the other character on another one until that the same happens on that said second character resulting in switching items on the first character once again, etc.
Is there a fix to it?

Edit: i just noticed that the empty inventory issue seems to happen when a mod related item is part of items that i m trying to store using GoMule. For exemple after removing a charm that has a splash damage bonus on it that is coming from a mod then items stored on the related character seem to load as expected.

Edit 2: i thought that the issue was coming from gems that were related to a mod as explained above but nope, the issue reapeared.

Last edited:
Using version R0.44, this is the description I see for some runes:

Ith Rune
Required Level: 15
Version: Resurrected
Weapons: Armor: 15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
Shields: 15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana

Sol Rune
Required Level: 27
Weapons: Armor: Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Damage Reduced by 7

So I have been messing around trying to get GOmule to start fro D2R and still have had no luck. I have installed and uninstalled java half a dozen times, checked permissions etc. I am hoping someone can give me some insights. When I double click to start gomule I get this dialog box:

1636690066766.png

Using version R0.44, this is the description I see for some runes:

Ith Rune
Required Level: 15
Weapons: Armor: 15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
Shields: 15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana

Sol Rune
Required Level: 27
Weapons: Armor: Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Damage Reduced by 7
That explains why I couldn't find those runes in my stashes that provide a maximum damage bonus :).

I know that jewels have lower level reqs, but I don't have enough of them.

Reactions: snickersnack
The disconnected issue for me is always when a character is dead.
So I have been messing around trying to get GOmule to start fro D2R and still have had no luck. I have installed and uninstalled java half a dozen times, checked permissions etc. I am hoping someone can give me some insights. When I double click to start gomule I get this dialog box:

View attachment 71492
Can you try starting it from the command line? Might give you more detailed error message. Also can you try checking java -v in the command line to see what you're on?

View attachment 71492
Where exactly did you put GoMule? Have you tried it in the Downloads folder or one of your personal folders, i.e. those belonging to the currently logged in user? I remember that when I wanted to get GoMule to start I got problems whenever I put it in a folder such as "Program Files" or similar.

I have a vague memory that I had problems with the old gomule aswell, until I changed the premissions of its folder (as well as the character folder I think). I don't recall having the same problems as you describe here, but still worth checking.

(So basically, I am seconding @art_vandelay's reccomendations.)

That explains why I couldn't find those runes in my stashes that provide a maximum damage bonus :).

I know that jewels have lower level reqs, but I don't have enough of them.
I've been playing 1.07 a bit recently, and boy-oh-boy is it a SLOG to find anything in ATMA.

I think the bragging rights for time travelers are based mostly on not using GoMule. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: pharphis
The disconnected issue for me is always when a character is dead.

Can you try starting it from the command line? Might give you more detailed error message. Also can you try checking java -v in the command line to see what you're on?
Where exactly did you put GoMule? Have you tried it in the Downloads folder or one of your personal folders, i.e. those belonging to the currently logged in user? I remember that when I wanted to get GoMule to start I got problems whenever I put it in a folder such as "Program Files" or similar.
I have a vague memory that I had problems with the old gomule aswell, until I changed the premissions of its folder (as well as the character folder I think). I don't recall having the same problems as you describe here, but still worth checking.

(So basically, I am seconding @art_vandelay's reccomendations.)

Thanks, everyone for trying to help. I really want to get this up and running! I tried running GoMule from cmd prompt and got: Error: Unable to access jarfile GoMule.jar

This is the version of Java I have. I just downloaded and installed the most recent option from their site:

java version "1.8.0_311"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_311-b11)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.311-b11, mixed mode)

I have tried with extraction to my desktop, the downloads folder, and the diablo 2r folder with the same results as above every time. I have checked permissions on the folders for gomule and java. I think it is a java issue but this is beyond my computing abilities so far. Any other insights would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm just doing something wrong. Maybe it's been reported already.

I noticed that the All listing/stash in GoMule is not listing items in the shared stash.

Once I've opened several characters and a few stashes. When clicking "Pickup all" at the clipboard, all of the characters and the stashes were stripped of everything and all gear was in the clipboard. It was quite a bit of work to get everything distributed back. It might be useful to have a warning like "You are going to pick up all gear from several characters and stashes at once. Are you sure?" with yes and no buttons (default button = no) if several windows or the "all" window is open.

Also, it might be useful if there is an "all stashes" and perhaps "all characters" entry in the list of characters and stashes.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High