GoMule for D2 Resurrected

Out of curiosity, is the current version of GoMule compatible with D2 Legacy as well? I presently have two separate installs, since I assumed that it wouldn't be.

Out of curiosity, is the current version of GoMule compatible with D2 Legacy as well? I presently have two separate installs, since I assumed that it wouldn't be.

That's correct - GoMule wasn't written to support multiple versions so for the near future and maybe forever you'll need to have 2 separate installs, one for D2R and one for D2.

That being said, I have been backporting some of the changes to a 1.13+ branch. I plan to release an updated version of GoMule for D2 which includes these changes once the D2R changes/requests settle down.

Now I cannot create a new stash to location where my other stashes are..

Code:
Access denied to file, please move it to a location that GoMule can access
    at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.handleStash(D2FileManager.java:1486)
    at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.newStash(D2FileManager.java:1462)
    at gomule.gui.D2FileManager$25.actionPerformed(D2FileManager.java:891)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

m4ke

I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but any idea why all of my very old stashes are empty? I get an error window and then the disconnected window. Then I tried opening with an older version of Go Mule and got no error but the window still said disconnected and the stash is empty.

You can’t just open old stashes as the item file changed. You need to load what you need onto mules and open the characters in D2R first

You can’t just open old stashes as the item file changed. You need to load what you need onto mules and open the characters in D2R first
and that has to be done thru ATMA I would guess. OK. thanks. I guess my 5000-ish items stay locked in an old stash, lol

@SirName (and anyone else who's interested) - I'm working on backporting all of this to a 1.13 (which is 1.14 compatible, it's the version you were all using until resurrected was released) and a 1.09 version which should hopefully cover most of the bases? GoMule really needs to be re-architected to be sort of version agnostic, but I don't have time for that right now. Hopefully having 3 releases will be sufficient.

1.07/classic/1.10betas would be awesome as well if you have the bandwidth😜. GoMule for Time Travelers would be simply amazing. But I don't want to get greedy, you're a hero regardless. Thanks for your work on this!

No items has NEVER transferred from older d2 to newer d2 via ATMA / GoMule. All items has always transferred via character mules. I can not see any reason why it should be different? ATS (1.10a -> 1.10s is exception).

I mean that for someone 1.14d -> D2R jump is a just a jump to leave 1.14d forever but why should @silospen leave what he is doing and start coding GoMule things that are barely even allowed @maxicek ?

I'd like one 1.07 GoMule also but it requires work to do so I don't even ask for it.

m4ke

Edit: @maxicek it would be easy to mass-transform items from 1.14d to D2R and easy to add that feature to GoMule. Now people are using 3'rd party transformers to do that.

@silospen First thanks for the great software!

Second: Do you think there is a way to add an option to disable the message when D2R is open. I use Gomule for my Grail and I check if I already have the item in my stash grade and check if the one I got is better. I don't open my char. Just the stash. The message popping all the time is irritating.

Just do a flavie report. Much easier than checking stashes.

@silospen bug detected - quest item "Key to the Cairn Stones" (the Scroll of Inifuss after Akara translates it) results in a disconnected character until that item is removed.

Yeah, but I dont have the stat in the flavie report. So I can't compare the item and keep the best one.
There is a checklist here you can use, if you want to try an alternative.

Is it suggested that D2R is exited prior to opening GoMule and moving items? Or...

...is it safe to save & exit the game, returning to the character selection screen of D2R, then alt+tab out of D2R and into GoMule, hoard items to stash files, save in GoMule, then alt+tab back to D2R and launch a new game with whichever character you want to play next?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High