ziambe

Oct 21, 2009
Greetings fellow grailers!

On February 15, 2021, the unthinkable happened for me!
1625824749871.png

Patriarch DonCorleone's journey finally came to an end...or had it?!

Like many adventurers who set out on the path of completing the grail, my collection was at -1 for many years before fate smiled upon me. During that time, I collected many duplicates of items which I added to my collection. As my stash got larger and larger, I decided to trim it down by seeking out the best of the best of what I had collected over the years: Perfectly rolled versions of Unique and Set items!

I realized that I had collected quite a few of these trophies over the years...and that I had begun a new adventure without even realizing it! I had begun a quest for:

The Perfect Grail​

Now I am by no means a pioneer in this adventure...both the old and current forum hold many threads from fellow adventurers including EasyG's guide and status table which dates all the way back to 2006. I also found a table made by Quickdeath embedded into the old forum's code. Perhaps one of the most accomplished and knowledgeable members regarding the perfect grail, @Grisu , is still active and has provided a spreadsheet which contains a lot of the information vital to a perfect grailer, a means to track perfect ethereal items, graphs to visually track progress and much more.

Following in these pioneers' footsteps, I would like to humbly offer my own contributions to this colossal undertaking - I set out to create a compact and dynamic checklist which can quickly display the variable stats on items similar to on the Arreat Summit.

The result is version 1.0 of the Perfect grail checklist with stats which I would like to add to this thread if @maxicek can confirm that a zipped .xlsx file can be hosted here.

It is a combination between a Flavie report, the information on Arreat Summit and a grail checklist. It can be used to track either a perfect grail, or a normal grail, or simply just as a reference of information since it displays the variable stats of items much faster than on Arreat Summit! Hopefully this way it can help the biggest audience possible. :)

Here is a sneak peak of the highlights!
1625827520583.png
1625827932717.png 1625827690455.png
1625828156333.png
1625828306465.png

Edit: @m4ke 1.0 is now attached!

Attachments

• 1625827053051.png
    1625827053051.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 1625827255392.png
    1625827255392.png
    23 KB · Views: 17
  • 1625827397354.png
    1625827397354.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Perfect grail checklist with stats.zip
    59.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
it could be argued on a few uniques wether ethereal (1:20) should be included.
Arguably TR and Reapers are better when ethereal, actually most elite weapons.

Then there are uniques where it can't be ethereal(19:20), like Griffon's, Nightwings

And then there are the wands, orbs and staffs, which under most circumstances can be either and still be perfect (at least the ones with no/low reqs)

My main point is that a perfect Tombreaver is ethereal, because of which builds it is used on.

This is amazing. I suppose finishing your grail you need to give yourself a challenge like this. If I got rid of non-perfects, my grail would be in the hundreds, and if I took out the auto-perfects, I dont even want to know how few items I'd have.

The result is version 1.0 of the Perfect grail checklist with stats which I would like to add to this thread if @maxicek can confirm that a zipped .xlsx file can be hosted here.
I would be interested. Why don't you post the zip and remove it if @maxicek thinks so?

m4ke

Thanks! I don't know if it's the Libreoffice Calc I'm using or what but the stats window doesn't get cleared between clicks.
01.png

I enabled macros for that document.

m4ke

Hmm, i did have to work a little harder to get the window to clear in the desktop version of excel i used, so that's a bummer that it doesnt work quite right with
Libreoffice. The macros were made in the excel VBA editor so there is probably an incompatibility issue there between excel and libreoffice.

I wanted to make it a google sheet to avoid compatibility issues, but its not possible to get the window function to work properly in a google sheet.

Do you have access to excel on another pc perhaps?

Edit: actually i think i know what the problem is...does libreoffice show any columns after the last ones which actually contain data? I bet if you add a bunch of columns until a column 'JA' is made (assuming it goes to AA afer column z and so forth), then put something in cell JA1 to make sure it stays, that might fix it.

Last edited:
JA comes there but I cannot edit it:
02.png

I have no access to Excel..

m4ke

Hmm if those columns are already present, that changes things...

...But it cant hurt to try adding some random data to JA1. The sheets are protected (to prevent accidentally changing data) but there should be no password to unprotect/unlock them. Just a matter of toggling the protect feature on/off.

I did that but adding data to JA1 didn't fix the problem.

m4ke

Edit: And I can't save any edits. The sheet goes totally broken if I do.

Yea, then i fear it may not be compatible with libreoffice without some significant reprogramming...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High