GoMule for D2 Resurrected

Bugs/comments:

Bug: When putting an allres LC (or perhaps any allres charm or just those with an additional suffix) on a character, the resists in the stats tab don't update. After closing and reopening the character, they will be shown properly.

Bug/feature: Dead characters still cannot be opened, the window shows "disconnected". Perhaps that's a security feature, so you won't accidentally leave equipment on the ground when picking up the corpse after you passed stuff to him/her?

Suggestion: It would be nice if GoMule restores the window size and normal/minimized/maximized state when starting, to what it was before. It would be even nicer if it does that for each character or stash window.

Suggestion: When double-clicking something, e.g. to move it into the clipboard, you cannot make a double-click immediately again which can be a bit annoying at times.

@silospen is it humanly possible to write something similar for preLoD?
(1.00-1.06)

A nice feature would be to have an option to forward a stash to a later version, so you don't have to do it with chars. Don't know if that's possible.

so today, I can open go mule- but once I try to move an item and save, it won't save and I have to force close go mule. I went and downloaded the most recent version to see if that would fix it, but it's not happy trying to use my atma files... 😑

edit- appears to be when I change the shared stash, gomule is crashing when it tries to save it

Last edited:
Do you have the game open? I has to be fully closed.
Do you have write permissions set correctly in the folder where GoMule is saved?

Do you have the game open? I has to be fully closed.
Do you have write permissions set correctly in the folder where GoMule is saved?
yep, game was closed - I troubleshot multiple different ways. I hadn't changed anything with my gomule setup, but it was definitely an issue with it not liking my shared game stash. I've been using the character / file setup for at least a month without any changes, other than adding new items

I ended up moving everything out of the stash, removed the shared stash from D2 and let it re-create a new one. It's working fine with the new shared stash... just not sure what caused it. d2 was working fine with it; gomule could view it and the items; but once I removed an item and it tried to save, 'unsupported format'

yep, game was closed - I troubleshot multiple different ways. I hadn't changed anything with my gomule setup, but it was definitely an issue with it not liking my shared game stash. I've been using the character / file setup for at least a month without any changes, other than adding new items

I ended up moving everything out of the stash, removed the shared stash from D2 and let it re-create a new one. It's working fine with the new shared stash... just not sure what caused it. d2 was working fine with it; gomule could view it and the items; but once I removed an item and it tried to save, 'unsupported format'
Personally I wouldn't put anything into shared stash, items might be disappearing if too many 1*1

@silospen is it humanly possible to write something similar for preLoD?
(1.00-1.06)

A nice feature would be to have an option to forward a stash to a later version, so you don't have to do it with chars. Don't know if that's possible.
I'll have to echo this. We really could use a tool for old patches and such. I don't know from technical pov if it's feasible or not, but it would be amazing addon to many people here.

It's technically possible for all versions as long as you know the save file structure. I have or know of resources on the structure for 1.00-1.06 (except that you can't show item stats for most items) as well as 1.09. Sadly I doubt there are still many people (like the dev of ATMA) around who know the 1.07-1.08 or 1.10a/s save file structure. Only thing that's easy about 1.07 is the statistics, those are like Classic, but items are stored way differently.

@silospen made a version for 1.09 which has a few bugs but which is otherwise operational I think.

I made a gold transfer app for 1.00 and @maxicek even gave it the go ahead but it's so far off GoMule, it's sad. :D

why take chances tho?
I just wanted to point out that with my understanding of the bug, your personal stash is more at risk than the shared stash. (So to be safe you can avoid storing lots of crafted amulets/rings/rare jewels in either.) Again, my understanding of the bug is that it has nothing to do with the shared stash. Diablo has a character file size limit (8K) that was basically impossible to hit before they super-sized the personal stash. The good news is us SPers can actually see our character file sizes to see if they are near the limit.

I'm D2R only and self found, so I really don't want to mess with someone elses stashes to test, especially when it seems like other people have already been doing the testing.

Reactions: abridged
I just wanted to point out that with my understanding of the bug, your personal stash is more at risk than the shared stash. (So to be safe you can avoid storing lots of crafted amulets/rings/rare jewels in either.) Again, my understanding of the bug is that it has nothing to do with the shared stash. Diablo has a character file size limit (8K) that was basically impossible to hit before they super-sized the personal stash. The good news is us SPers can actually see our character file sizes to see if they are near the limit.

I'm D2R only and self found, so I really don't want to mess with someone elses stashes to test, especially when it seems like other people have already been doing the testing.
good to know 👀 crazy

It's technically possible for all versions as long as you know the save file structure. I have or know of resources on the structure for 1.00-1.06 (except that you can't show item stats for most items) as well as 1.09. Sadly I doubt there are still many people (like the dev of ATMA) around who know the 1.07-1.08 or 1.10a/s save file structure. Only thing that's easy about 1.07 is the statistics, those are like Classic, but items are stored way differently.

@silospen made a version for 1.09 which has a few bugs but which is otherwise operational I think.

I made a gold transfer app for 1.00 and @maxicek even gave it the go ahead but it's so far off GoMule, it's sad. :D
Mattinm was once working on making GoMule compatible with 1.00/1.07 years ago on the old forums, but it seems he wasn't able to contact/get permissions from Silospen to add the changes so nothing ever came of it.

https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/gomule-additions.785804/#post-7738384

Now that Silospen has been back for a little while, perhaps there's a chance for them to establish contact and release it? Then again it's been 11 years since that post and hovering over mattinm's profile shows he was last seen in January of 2020, I don't know if he has a profile here or not and he might not even have the code anymore. One can hope though, right? :)

I noticed that items in D2R that I moved forward from 1.14d no longer show their origin in GoMule. For example:

Phase Blade
One Hand Damage: 31 - 35
Indestructible
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 136
Fingerprint: 0x72d8ed84
Item Level: 81
Version: Resurrected
3 Sockets (0 used)

I that moved from 1.14d into D2R yesterday.* Is this a bug in GoMule? I don't think this is a bug with GoMule, and instead it's just that the item was converted when I loaded up the character in D2R, but I'm not sure.

It's not necessarily a problem, but I'd like to be able to say later which patch/version an item was found in. *If* it's a bug, squashing it would be appreciated.

* Done by creating a mule in 1.14d, copying that .d2s file into the D2R save folder, loading the character in D2R to make the conversion, and then deleting the .d2s file in the LoD folder.

Just saw this! May have to start using GoMule haha, are there any inherent issues currently still ongoing that I should be aware of? I just don't want to lose anything (like the HR's I've farmed) on my HC hero. :D

Just saw this! May have to start using GoMule haha, are there any inherent issues currently still ongoing that I should be aware of? I just don't want to lose anything (like the HR's I've farmed) on my HC hero. :D
I don't think that there's anything game breaking. I've been using it for a while with no major issues.

Okay, is there an actual 'how to use' write up on this somewhere? I just tried to play with the stash functionality and overwrote my character's entire personal stash with the armor she was wearing, and then lost that when I tried to figure out WTF I had done and overwrote it again with some vendor trash from my inventory. Not an auspicious start.

I did eventually figure out that they were all....stuck?....somewhere, and I could double click to drop them back in. But that was not a fun start.

There is a YouTube video linked in this thread on gomule for D2L, the biggest difference is there is no shared stash.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High