GoMule for D2 Resurrected

I tried to load a character and the shared stash from the 2.5 PTR and it couldn't load it. Not sure what changed.
Probably something to do with the Sunder charms I'm guessing. I'm not sure how GoMule works exactly but anytime there's new items stuff will probably break or not load properly, even if you don't have any of the new items on any characters or stashes.

Just happened to me in offline single-player. My characters and shared stashes just say disconnected. :(

Thank you for all your patience! I don't play D2 anymore so I missed this release. Feel free to email, message, hassle me whenever you see a patch like this on the PTR in the future - I really appreciate it.

Here's a release for 2.5, as ever use caution - your backups should still work if something goes wrong. https://sourceforge.net/projects/go...MuleR4.4.15-BETA_Resurrected_1.0.zip/download

The bad news (again) - Blizzard changed the item format and unfortunately that means you'll once again need to use the game to time-warp items to the future.

Again I have a shared stash from 2.4 for you which should help with this: https://sourceforge.net/projects/go...-stash-2.4/SharedStashSoftCoreV2.d2i/download

What you'll need to do is something like:
- Load up your pre 2.5 regular stash in pre 2.5 GoMule
- Load up this empty pre 2.5 shared stash in pre 2.5 GoMule
- Transfer items from your regular stash to the shared stash
- Move the pre 2.5 shared stash to your saved game folder
- Open D2R 2.5
- Now your shared stash is a 2.5 shared stash!
- Open 2.5 GoMule
- Create a new regular 2.5 stash
- Open the 2.5 shared stash
- Transfer your items from the 2.5 shared stash into your new regular 254 stash.

Let me know how it goes!

You are a lifesaver @silospen !
Thank you so much !

EDIT: It took about 2 hours but I am fully migrated to 2.5 now. Need to trim down my stashes...

Last edited:
Followed the instructions, but GoMule 2.5 doesn't recognise the new shared stash. Says Disconnected. The character I opened is fine. Any ideas?

I think that @silospen's directions are missing a step. After you run D2R 2.5, you need to start a game with a SP/Offline character for the stash file to get loaded. It may be different this time, but that's my guess. I noticed it when he first posted, but I didn't want say anything without checking first.

I've spent the last few hours charsi'ing around a thousand SUs that I don't need (yeah, yeah, I just shouldn't pick up green rings anymore, I know) and cubing up pgems (~1k saved up now 🤩 ). I'll probably starting moving items later today...

I copied the new shared stash file into the d2r saved game folder. It sits next to the original shared stash file. I started d2r and opened a character. Opened GoMule 2.5 and added new shared stash from d2r file in the small window.

I copied the new shared stash file into the d2r saved game folder. It sits next to the original shared stash file. I started d2r and opened a character. Opened GoMule 2.5 and added new shared stash from d2r file in the small window.
For me, I had to make sure there was nothing in my 2.5 shared stash. Then when you copy the 2.4 stash file into D2R folder, it *overwrites* the shared stash file. (EDIT: Make sure there's no money in the shared stash or just copy it to another folder.)

I open the game with an SP character, and that updates the stash to 2.5. Then I open in 2.5 GoMule, and can open the stash and remove items.

To add more 2.4 items, I copy the empty 2.4 file from my Downloads folder into the D2R folder, again overwriting the now-updated to 2.5 shared stash. Rinse and repeat.

Does that make sense? Please correct me if I'm doing something wrong, but it's worked for me so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oblivious
@silospen 's steps are correct. That shared stash file he shares is 2.4 one not 2.5. It's used with GoMule 2.4.

Second step by step process..

1. Empty your 2.5 shared stash in your save directory
2. Put that 2.4 Silo's shared stash file in c:\temp for example
3. Copy that 2.4 shared stash file from c:\temp to your save folder. It overwrites the 2.5 one. Don't launch the game
4. Open GoMule 2.4 and make sure it uses the shared stash file which is in your save folder
5. Use GoMule 2.4 to move your items from your 2.4 GoMule stashes to the 2.4 shared stash
6. Launch D2R and make offline game. Fully exit the game. Items in the shared stash are now 2.5 items
7. Use GoMule 2.5 to move items from the new 2.5 shared stash to your new 2.5 GoMule stashes

Repeat steps 3->7 until you have moved all wanted items from your 2.4 GoMule stashes to your 2.5 GoMule stashes.

Both GoMules 2.4 and 2.5 can be running all the time during this process. Just know which is 2.4 and 2.5

m4ke

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High