GoMule for D2 Resurrected

Imma do something else. Imma put all my shit on characters, nothing in GoMule Stashes, nothing in the Shared stash.

As my game hasn't updated yet, I have time, still about 2 weeks if I'm correct.

Might just clean my uniques and sets, as i'm sure i can downgrade that 500 to about 300 atleast.

Then there's 300 lower runes. Bases are done, those are on characters already.

I cba to restart my game so many times. I'll just create the chars and do everything all at once in GoMule 2.4 (basically get out of GoMule). Go Over to 2.5d2r and 2.5Gomule and start the stashes over there. With Pickup all and Drop All things should go fast.

Reactions: coju
I've just been going through the process for transferring from 2.4 to 2.5 myself. It's went mostly well, but I encountered a bug. One of my character files will not be opened by GoMule 2.5. I have opened it in the game, so I know it's been updated to a 2.5 save file. None of my other characters have this problem. I hope @silospen can help, thanks.

Here's the d2s file for the offending character: https://www.dropbox.com/s/srct1ou6fbz11w3/Maulagh.d2s?dl=0

Here's the error output:
Character disconnected
at gomule.item.D2Item.<init>(D2Item.java:174)
at gomule.d2s.D2Character.readItems(D2Character.java:520)
at gomule.d2s.D2Character.readChar(D2Character.java:249)
at gomule.d2s.D2Character.<init>(D2Character.java:132)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.addItemList(D2FileManager.java:1604)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewChar.connect(D2ViewChar.java:446)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewChar.<init>(D2ViewChar.java:425)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.openChar(D2FileManager.java:1338)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewProject$CharTreeNode.view(D2ViewProject.java:400)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewProject$3.mouseReleased(D2ViewProject.java:126)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Oh, I must have missed that message. Thanks for pointing it out. I can confirm that I was experiencing the same bug. Thanks!

AFAIK, the problem is that the item records contain data that is unknown to Gomule, so it has to be passed blindly and without touching it when muled, so if the data format changes during a patch, Gomule cannot convert it. Only the game can do that, so it needs several runs through the shared stashes, one by one and that's the time-consuming task. Gomule could have a "dump Gomule stash into automatically created shared stashes" and a reverse function, but it will save only 10-20% of the time, I guess.

Hey, guys. I cannot open any character at all in GoMule for D2 Resurrected. All of them show as disconnected. Would be anyone so kind to throw me a link on how to solve this particular problem?

I downloaded the new file, but all my characters are saying disconnected.
typically when i get this it's because the character has a specific quest item on them such as the key to the cairn stones to go rescue cain

typically when i get this it's because the character has a specific quest item on them such as the key to the cairn stones to go rescue cain
Yeah, that is what it was. I figured it out after a while in reading some of the post. Good to moving forward.

Hi Silos, Thanks for all of your great work. I've actually modified your program to work with the extended stash space. I'd like to go ahead and port those mods over to your 2.5 version, but I can't seem to access the source code. Have you pushed that up to Source Forge? It's not in the zip.

Also, if you're interested in passing the torch on this project, I think there might be a few of us (self included) who be interested in taking it on. Even if not, I think a zoom/teams session for those who would like to help maintain the project would be of great benefit, especially to those of us who kind of are into the coding side of things.
@silospen , Found the source code on SourceForge. Thanks!

Last edited:
It looks like GoMule is just going to be well and truly broken for D2R for the foreseeable future. Which probably means I'm going to be done playing it, it just isn't worth having to manually move every single item every time they toss out some new patch I'd prefer not to even use anyway.

Is there another program out there allows you to continue muling after a patch? I don't really care it it also allows editing or disallowed functions at this point; I can just not use those, and it doesn't seem like there's any trading to be done whatsoever in D2R SPF so it's not really a big deal to just quarantine and go self found, since that's what I'm doing anyway.

Last edited:
It looks like GoMule is just going to be well and truly broken for D2R for the foreseeable future. Which probably means I'm going to be done playing it, it just isn't worth having to manually move every single item every time they toss out some new patch I'd prefer not to even use anyway.
I'm looking at these various instructions for moving over our items, and it all cries out "rote-routine-script". I wonder if we could put together something in powershell or something along those lines to handle this tediousness? Seems like this kind of task lends itself perfectly towards that.

Reactions: Coyote_Sly
I was able to successfully use GoMule for 2.5 and can open and see stashes but in GoMule the windows of characters and stashes are so small. Is there anyway to resize these. I've tried searching the forums and I'm sure there is an answer somewhere I just can't happen to find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Yea, this is a real bummer that every patch seems to break things, i was going to play a few weeks ago and just found out about this issue as i had been away from the game awhile so i never really switched things over the first time. Its kinda put a damper on my mood for playing, but I think im just gonna call it a loss with what i had in the stashes as i wasn't crazy far into a grail or anything, will lose some tc 87's and a few high runes but as others have said it really sucks to think about this every time.

Going to just be more selective with what i keep and keep everything on mules i guess. Sucks but its easier then worrying about versions every four months. Im also thinking about trying ladder this time around as the new terror zones seem neat and never really played online before. Still want to play SP too though.

Also want to say i still really appreciate all the work thats gone into this anyways! Its not your fault Blizzard keeps breaking things.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High