GoMule for D2 Resurrected

Ok, so I was finally able to find a way to convert my 1.13c to 1.14 then move everything to 2.4! Although it's exciting to be done, now I've run in to a different problem! I have doubles/tripples/quadrouples of sets/uniques from years of farming/sorting between different projects that it's kind of time consuming, so I have a request for an addition to this screen below (feature request? @silospen if it's at all possible? I love having the best of each item, would it be possible, I know there's Delete Dupes for actual duplicates, would there be a way to add something that we could click a box and it only shows items with the same name? So we could sort/delete 2nd/3rd/4ths a lot easier by chance?

request.png

Thanks for doing all the hard labor here folks, I'm still very disappointed that Blizz made such a drastic change but I guess it's their game :(

In other news, I migrated GoMule to GitHub so you can find the latest code here https://github.com/GoMule/GoMule - I'll try to keep sourceforge in sync. If you have bug reports, suggestions, etc feel free to throw them into Github and I'll pick them up when I have free time (or you can keep on emailing me, whatever works).

So it looks like I cannot start Gomule 2.4, I get an incorrect stash version error. I redownloaded the previous version of Gomule to try to open any of my pre 2.4 stashes but they all say disconnected. What am I doing wrong here?

Edit: I'm a dumb dumb. I had downloaded the Classic D2 Gomule instead of the D2R version. Now I can open my stashes fine in pre 2.4 and will transfer them to 2.4.

Last edited:
Thanks for doing all the hard labor here folks, I'm still very disappointed that Blizz made such a drastic change but I guess it's their game :(

In other news, I migrated GoMule to GitHub so you can find the latest code here https://github.com/GoMule/GoMule - I'll try to keep sourceforge in sync. If you have bug reports, suggestions, etc feel free to throw them into Github and I'll pick them up when I have free time (or you can keep on emailing me, whatever works).
I'm a C# developer, web/backend mostly. I'm not sure if there is anything I can do to help, maybe some small bug or whatever. Let me know.

• Love
Reactions: silospen
Wow Blizz. I think I rather just start collecting from scratch and not have to mess around with migrating thousands of items.

Beautiful updates to the software though, much appreciated!

Reactions: coju
Hey guys

I'm in the process of transferring my 28k item GoMule stash from D2R v2.3 to D2R x2.4.

Small issue that I was hoping someone could help with :)

I downloaded the D2R GoMule very early on D2R launch, transferred all my D2 Original items over. This version of GoMule did not support Shared stash feature though. Wasn't an issue for me, so didn't look to update etc. I believe this is version R0.43 of GoMule.1651295993435.png

Now, the suggested method of transferring the D2R 2.3 items to D2R 2.4 via shared stash is a great idea, but because my D2R 2.3 GoMule is an older version, I don't have access to Shared Stash feature.

Does someone have the download link for the most upto date GoMule D2R v2.3? (Guessing it will be GoMule R0.43.xyz)

Thank you in advance <3

Ty, man this is so annying, probably even more annoying then it was to move them from d2 to d2r... rly unmotivated to do this/play d2^^
Yeah, I'm gonna be honest. I went back to levelling a new character, and ran in to this. Closed the game and walked away, and my stashes are still pretty thin. This is kind of a deal breaker, to me. I might just hold off until an easier conversion is figured out.

I probably wouldn't hold out for this. I suspect any tool that can convert the items directly will end up falling into the editor category.
Honestly at that point I'll probably still use it and just divorce myself from trade/community interaction, if it comes up with every major patch. I haven't actually made a trade since I started D2R and rejoined anyway.

Although I'd REALLY hope the SPF would eventually come up with some guidelines for using that theoretical utility for this purpose and not expect the community to go through a conversion grind with every patch simply for purity theatre.

Honestly at that point I'll probably still use it and just divorce myself from trade/community interaction, if it comes up with every major patch. I haven't actually made a trade since I started D2R and rejoined anyway.

Although I'd REALLY hope the SPF would eventually come up with some guidelines for using that theoretical utility for this purpose and not expect the community to go through a conversion grind with every patch simply for purity theatre.

I concur, been part of the community since the old days, although a different name and always been quietish. If someone can release something that literally doesn't change anything, just lets you move items forward, don't know why there can't be discussion around it, I only have a few thousand items in stash but it still took me like 30 minutes, granted that's not a lot of time but every time they release a new patch if I have to do that non-stop, way less than ideal, could just be an addition to GoMule even, it's not like it's the peoples fault blizzard changed things.

About halfway through moving my items from 2.3 to 2.4.
Thoughts:
Why did I have to pick every Bonesnap, and why on Earth are they so BIIIG ? 😒

Hey guys

I'm in the process of transferring my 28k item GoMule stash from D2R v2.3 to D2R x2.4.

Small issue that I was hoping someone could help with :)

I downloaded the D2R GoMule very early on D2R launch, transferred all my D2 Original items over. This version of GoMule did not support Shared stash feature though. Wasn't an issue for me, so didn't look to update etc. I believe this is version R0.43 of GoMule.View attachment 80779

Now, the suggested method of transferring the D2R 2.3 items to D2R 2.4 via shared stash is a great idea, but because my D2R 2.3 GoMule is an older version, I don't have access to Shared Stash feature.

Does someone have the download link for the most upto date GoMule D2R v2.3? (Guessing it will be GoMule R0.43.xyz)

Thank you in advance <3
Still not having any luck with the previous versions, but appreciate the link @ M4ke. Think I found the problem. In my old R0.43 the Stash saves are .d2i and in the R0.44 the Stash saves are .d2x

Image might help.

Kind of given up on the shared stash transfer. Now just using a single character to transfer everything over. 5k down, 25k to go. :(

Also regretting picking up so many copies of stuff I don't need lol...

1651588468057.png

We have never supported modification of the item file format outside the game. If you want to move all your items from 1.07 to 1.10+, you have to do it the same way - You can't just move all the stashes in ATMA. The only exception to this is 1.10a to 1.10s where the character file changed with no possibility to upgrade. We have ATS utility for this.

Moving to new versions of D2R is no different in this respect, but the problem is that we don't have a choice if we upgrade the verion ot not.

If anyone does come up with something, please make me aware first and I will consider it. One of my main concerns is how much or little may be known about the item file format. If somebody gets 2K items corrupted with a forum approved utility, there is only one person here getting the PMs.

Anyone posting something (or linking to something) without prior approval from me runs the risk of getting banned.

And if you can't be bothered to move all the items - Don't move them. It isn't like you will use them all anyway. Or start using character mules.

Still not having any luck with the previous versions, but appreciate the link @ M4ke. Think I found the problem. In my old R0.43 the Stash saves are .d2i and in the R0.44 the Stash saves are .d2x

Image might help.

Kind of given up on the shared stash transfer. Now just using a single character to transfer everything over. 5k down, 25k to go. :(

Also regretting picking up so many copies of stuff I don't need lol...

View attachment 80845
.d2i = Shared Stash file. This has to be in the character folder with a specific name (SharedStashHardCoreV2.d2i)
.d2x = GoMule stash. You need one in 0.43 to take items out of and one in 0.44 to put items in to

Cat's instructions here are good, read carefully:
You'll need to be running two different versions of GoMule. The new 2.4 version, and the previous version (which for sanities sake I'm going to call 2.3.)

Anything you open in the D2R game will be converted to 2.4 and will not be readable in the 2.3 GoMule. (Likewise, any old 2.3 shared stashes/characters/GoMule stashes can't be read by 2.4 GoMule.)

To convert characters and shared stashes to the newest version you just need to open them in game. (As Snickersnak observed, the shared stash gets "opened" whenever you load a character with access to that stash into the game. The character doesn't have to actually open the stash in game.)

The hard part is GoMule stashes, as the game can't open a GoMule stash to convert the items. So, in order to update the items, they need to be loaded onto a character or shared stash to be converted by the game. In order to move items from a 2.3 GoMule stash, you need a 2.3 character or stash file. Below is basically a wordier version of what Silo posted for the procedure. (Sometimes I find that wording something a bit differently can help clarify stuff as different people's brains work differently.) The real trick is to keep everything's versions strait.

• First, put your current in game shared stash file in a safe place so you don't accidentally overwrite it. (You can probably just temporarily rename it, or move it into a different folder for safe keeping.) If you're paranoid and want to avoid any possible mistakes, you can also just move everything in your 2.4 Shared Stash into a 2.4 GoMule stash (using 2.4 GoMule) so it's empty and safe to be deleted/overwritten.
  • In 2.3 GoMule, you load up any 2.3 GoMule stashes and the 2.3 Shared Stash file that Silo provided.
  • Move stuff from the 2.3 GoMule stash to the 2.3 Shared Stash.
  • Move the 2.3 Shared Stash file into your Saved Games folder.
  • Load up a character in game that will have access to that shared stash (so, basically if it's a SC stash, open up a SC character.)
  • Now, load the newly converted 2.4 shared stash into 2.4 GoMule, and move that stuff off into a 2.4 GoMule stash.
  • You can now delete the Shared Stash file you used to do the transfer.
  • If you have more stuff to move, load up a fresh copy of the 2.3 Shared Stash Silo provided and repeat.
  • Once you've converted all of your stuff, just restore your original 2.4 shared stash by moving it back or restoring the original name depending on what you did with it for safe keeping. (Or if you just emptied it and deleted/overwrote it, you don't have to anything at this point.)

Last edited:
I'm just hoping they'll be transparent about their plans here going forward. Jumping through the hoops once (or very rarely only for major content additions) is really annoying but ultimately isn't a huge deal breaker. Doing it with every patch IS, in my opinion, if the game is actually going to see long term support.

Reactions: maxicek
So you have been using that @pairofdocs fork of GoMule. that was out before @silospen upgraded his original GoMule.

The shared stash transfer should still work the same.

m4ke

Edit: @Tommy220 Dl here the latest @pairofdocs GoMule with .d2i stashes so you can use the shared stash transfer.

Last edited:
Hey all, possibly I missed it. But does anyone else have issues with GoMule on Win10 where it seems to go through several graphic/resolution changes, reloading my display and DP/HDMI input about 5-6 times then runs normally... very strange.

Not very tech savy but i have tried to install gomule for my d2r gaming , ( just started playing it about a month or so ago) , i got it up and running but all i can get is empty characters . any solutions ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_40.png
    Screenshot_40.png
    244.1 KB · Views: 12
I believe it is possible to transfer items between SC and HC characters. I believe I accidentally transferred an item from an SC stash to an HC character. Is this the expected behavior? If so, I shall be more careful in the future, just curious about that.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High