GoMule for D2 Resurrected

I can think of a few reasons for the incompatibility between GoMule stashes. For example, GoMule might cut parts of D2R charcter files and shared stashes and copy them into GoMule stashes without knowing all details about the item recordsets. The problem then is that these unknown details have changed which would make a conversion of GoMule stashes impossible. Only Blizzard might know them, so the conversion is to be left to them.
This is the reason why the game must do the conversion. And GoMule has never had code to convert Characters / Items from version to another.

When D2R was launched there were online stash converters Legacy -> D2R (non FAM way).

m4ke

There is probably an item equiped in that char (most likely set items?) that due to minor changes can't be recognized by Gomule anymore. What I would do is to move all the gear in the shared stash and check whether Gomule can open that character naked.

If yes, then you just need to figure out which item(s) are not readable by Gomule. If not, sending the file to Silospen would help solving the mystery.
I seem to have a lost a LoH in the transfer. No telling what else was lost...

Nope, I'm just a big'ol dummy :rolleyes: I had made a bunch of mules when 2.4 dropped so that I could mule stuff later and then I forgot about them. My lone 2.4 LoH is present and accounted for.

Last edited:
@krischan Pick all and drop all works just fine for the shared stash. Use the buttons in the right bar.

The problem is the item file is changed by Blizzard. This is common between patches - You have to go by the character file when moving items from 1.09 to 1.10+ for example. We have never had a tool to change item formats outside the game, with the exception of 1.10a to 1.10s).

The problem is now that the game auto updates us, so we have no way to stay in an old patch. This is not unexpected, but it isn’t something we have had to deal with before.

TL;DR: Expect this to happen again in the future.

@krischan Pick all and drop all works just fine for the shared stash. Use the buttons in the right bar.

You mean the "pick/drop all" buttons to the right, correct? I think the last time I pressed "pick all", all characters were stripped of their gear and it was a bit awkward to re-equip them. I don't remember details, but perhaps I had several characters opened. I'm a bit reluctant to try it again, so I have two questions:

When pressing "pick all", which characters/stashes are stripped? Only those I have opened?
When pressing "drop all", which stashes/characters receive the items? Only the active window? All opened ones?

The problem is now that the game auto updates us, so we have no way to stay in an old patch.
Is this really true? I mean, if you don´t start the game using the Battlenet-App but the Game-exe you wont get updated in the future (this is only true for us Singleplayers; playing online requires updating).
Am I missing something? It´s clear that useful future patches require to update but as long as you don´t need those patches ...

Aunt Edith says: Is the recent GoMule-Version working on Patch 2.4 or is it Beta to test? Thanks in advance!

Is this really true? I mean, if you don´t start the game using the Battlenet-App but the Game-exe you wont get updated in the future (this is only true for us Singleplayers; playing online requires updating).
Am I missing something? It´s clear that useful future patches require to update but as long as you don´t need those patches ...

Aunt Edith says: Is the recent GoMule-Version working on Patch 2.4 or is it Beta to test? Thanks in advance!

You need to log in once in a month so you will eventually get your game updated. If 30 days have passed and you haven’t it won’t allow you to proceed even offline.

The new Gomule is ready to be used. It’s just the first release so there may be some improvements to be made.

My game updated in the background, it didn't even show me a loading bar when I fired it up. Battle.net process runs on startup & is visible in the System Tray.

@krischan Mine is set to Pick From... Drop To... "Stash"
It will pickup everything from the Stash except the cube, all items in the cube, and all non-charm items in the Inventory. The active window only. Does a good job of dropping all and sorting the items in the 10x10 stash too.

You need to log in once in a month so you will eventually get your game updated. If 30 days have passed and you haven’t it won’t allow you to proceed even offline.
You can avoid this by rolling back your system clock just before you start up the game. Once loaded you can just alt-tab out and reset your system clock to current date/time. This method works. Below is untested.

I've also made a copy of the 2.3 folder so if/when I get updated to 2.4 and the 30 day timer is reset, I can exit the blizzard launcher, delete the 2.4 folder and replace it with the 2.3 folder. This is untested but should work in theory. I don't believe the value stored for you last login resides in the root folder but in the registry or somewhere related to the launcher itself. I will test this when my 30 days is up.

I will eventually update to whatever the current version is but I like to keep my grails separate. I prefer not to migrate old items to new versions.

Setting back the clock is a terrible idea for a computer that's used for more than playing games. Apart from that, the game might check the clock from time to time and when it detects that the current date of clearly before the date of previous launches, it might refuse to start as well. To prevent that, you would have to disable that check by hacking the game, manipulate the place in which that info is stored or live with a maximum play time of 30x24 hours.

I agree that it's sad that people cannot play certain patch levels of single-player D2R because of that policy, however. I hate the application of patches without consent. Even though I would most probably agree to it, I want an opportunity to say no.

Reactions: Rey and Coyote_Sly

The problem is the item file is changed by Blizzard. This is common between patches - You have to go by the character file when moving items from 1.09 to 1.10+ for example. We have never had a tool to change item formats outside the game, with the exception of 1.10a to 1.10s).

The problem is now that the game auto updates us, so we have no way to stay in an old patch. This is not unexpected, but it isn’t something we have had to deal with before.

TL;DR: Expect this to happen again in the future.
When you click the setting icon next to the blue play button you can click on downloads and disable automatic updates. This should allow you to stay in 2.4 even if there is a new patch correct?

I finally fixed my disconnected characters. Per Excalibur's suggestion above, I loaded one of them into game and dumped all their gear into the shared stash. When I quit the game and came back into GoMule, suddenly that character opened fine. I then went back into game and re-equipped all my stuff from the stash. Went back to GoMule and now that character opens fine with all their gear. I'd suggest trying that for your disconnected chars.

Reactions: Excalibur
When you click the setting icon next to the blue play button you can click on downloads and disable automatic updates. This should allow you to stay in 2.4 even if there is a new patch correct?
You can tell it not to update automatically, but it won't let you hit the Play button until you do. (Which I believe you need to do in order to make the "30 day login" thing happy.)

Personally, I don't see any reason not to update a fresh game which is currently heavily supported. I will not restrain myself from updating because the newer version no longer drops that crazy item or my overpowered character has been nerfed. As long as it is official, I will stick to it.

Personally, I don't see any reason not to update a fresh game which is currently heavily supported. I will not restrain myself from updating because the newer version no longer drops that crazy item or my overpowered character has been nerfed. As long as it is official, I will stick to it.
I have the opposite issue. I fear they will buff the drops to appeal to a greater audience, to people who have less time or patience. I have no problem with the direction they go with it, I would just like the option to choose which way to play in single player.

I'm just grateful for people like Silospen who make these mods that give us options to play the way we want instead of the way we're told. Runescape is the perfect example of this. Not everybody liked the direction the game was going so they released the older more grindy version for people like me who like it better that way.

Unfortunately, Blizzard made it clear that there will be only one version but at least so far they don't seem to be dumbing it down at all so I will likely start a new grail on 2.4 if I can't keep 2.3 running.

Reactions: Rey
OK, I got it with the pick/drop all button. All items transferred. @silospen: Thanks for the work!

BTW, when copying over stuff from GoMule 2.3 to 2.4, don't copy the projects folder, else you will encounter "incorrect stash version" errors. You will have to set up preferences and appearance again, according to your needs. Perhaps you just have to leave out clipboard.d2x or so, but I couldn't be bothered to try that.

Reactions: coju and silospen
That clipboard.d2x is standard ATMA stash which have version id like normal stashes. So 2.3 GoMule clipboard is not compatible with 2.4.

m4ke

Anyone have any tips for how to convert my 1.13c GoMule Stashes to 1.14 -> 2.4? The 1.14 to 2.4 I understand, the 1.13c I don't.

You can tell it not to update automatically, but it won't let you hit the Play button until you do. (Which I believe you need to do in order to make the "30 day login" thing happy.)
That´s true if you use the Bnet-App.
But you don´t have to start the game this way.
You can start D2R via Game-Exe shortcut.
After 30 days you have to start the Bnet-App, that´s required.
But as long as you don´t hit the "update"-Button you stay on
the installed version. Just exit the Bnet-App and play via shortcut.

Last edited:
  1. use the old D2L gomule,
  2. transfer items to a D2L character,
  3. open the char in D2R, S&E
  4. open the char in gomule resurrected
  5. mule off to new stash
The above (quoted from page 1 of this thread) is still the only viable (and accepted) method to move all of my original D2 (v1.14d) items that are in GoMule stashes (.d2x files) into D2R?

I just downloaded D2R, so I'm straight into the new 2.4 patch. The above method is definitely tedious when you multiple stashes with thousands of items, but as maxicek stated, you just forward what you really need. I'll consider it "spring cleaning" of my old D2 items.

Oh yeah: thanks silospen! I was amazed to see you resurrected and updated this program for us. You're a rock star.

Reactions: silospen
@JoeBruce Yes, that is the only way to migrate from 1.14. I suggest to move just what you actually need.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High