GoMule for D2 Resurrected

I wasn't too far into my HC holy grail, so decided to use the 2.4 patch as a reason to start over. It sounds like this will be a pain in the arse when it happens again, but I'll grin and bear it. I'm just glad gomule exists and that there's a way around things, as annoying as transferring sounds for those of you who are so far along and can't afford to restart

I got most of the way through ~3-4k items, but I couldn’t take it anymore; kidney stone i’m dealing with was on fire by the end, and i’m now at the ER

Probably a direct cause

• Sad
Reactions: coju and Swamigoon
I am very technically challenged and the new stash I made in 2.3 to transfer to 2.4 doesn't
show up in 2.4 after I open the game and close and then re-open 2.4. Do I have to empty the current 2.4 shared stash and then delete it from 2.4? Then add the new empty stash from silo in 2.3, load it up and THEN open a character in game to get the new stash to show up in 2.4?

I am very technically challenged and the new stash I made in 2.3 to transfer to 2.4 doesn't
show up in 2.4 after I open the game and close and then re-open 2.4. Do I have to empty the current 2.4 shared stash and then delete it from 2.4? Then add the new empty stash from silo in 2.3, load it up and THEN open a character in game to get the new stash to show up in 2.4?
  1. Have an empty 2.3 shared stash somewhere (your desktop)
  2. Copy the 2.3 shared stash into your gomule 2.3 folder
  3. Go into gomule 2.3 and open the shared stash you just put there, and put items in it (make sure the file path is to the 2.3 shared stash you just copied in)
  4. Go into your save file for d2 and remove the shared stash that is there. Put this somewhere safe if it has stuff you are keeping
  5. Put the 2.3 shared stash into your save file now
  6. Load into game (select a character and start a difficulty)
  7. Exit game, go into gomule 2.4. Open the shared stash in your d2 save file (make sure this file path is going to the save file shared stash)
  8. After you transfer your shared stash items to an atma stash, in the d2 save file delete or remove this temporary shared stash you used
  9. Repeat
The only other thing I can think is to make sure the shared stash file has the correct name, one of:
  • SharedStashSoftCoreV2.d2i
  • SharedStashHardCoreV2.d2i
Hope that helps, unless there is something else going on

I still have weird issues where some characters are saying disconnected and some are working fine - even though they've both been in the 2.4 build and can see the same shared stash in-game. Can anyone tell me what the issue is likely to be?

Code:
Character disconnected
    at gomule.item.D2Item.<init>(D2Item.java:174)
    at gomule.d2s.D2Character.readItems(D2Character.java:520)
    at gomule.d2s.D2Character.readChar(D2Character.java:249)
    at gomule.d2s.D2Character.<init>(D2Character.java:132)
    at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.addItemList(D2FileManager.java:1604)
    at gomule.gui.D2ViewChar.connect(D2ViewChar.java:446)
    at gomule.gui.D2ViewChar$10.actionPerformed(D2ViewChar.java:406)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Guys,
How do install the 4.14-Beta D2R Gomule and get it to work properly. I tried copying the contents of the 4.14-Beta/GoMule folder to my existing GoMule folder to overwrite the existing files. After doing that I get the following errors when attempting to launch GoMule:

Error

I wouldl like to know this too. Where do I install the new 2.4 GoMule? The files in the 2.4 zip all seem to have the same names as the files in my current 2.3 GoMule installation which is in my D2R folder.

You can install 2.4 where you prefer, but it should be it's own self-contained folder separate from the previous version

1650470559615.png

Since gomule 2.4 is setup for the new d2r patch, and blizzard tweaked things a bit, the atma stashes in 'gomuleold' won't work if you just copy / open them in 2.4. so you need to make new stashes in 2.4

I got most of the way through ~3-4k items, but I couldn’t take it anymore; kidney stone i’m dealing with was on fire by the end, and i’m now at the ER

Probably a direct cause
I'm torn on whether to give this a :ROFLMAO: or :(.

I'm all done moving items into 2.4. :)

Hey, folks. New guy here. I downloaded the 2.4 GoMule. I am unable to access my old shared stash on pre-2.4 GoMule to transfer my items to the updated GoMule. It reads disconnected. When I access my hardcore shared stash, it opens no problem. Same with the one character on softcore that I haven't played yet. All my other characters say disconnected - reading other comments I've learned this means the characters and items have converted to 2.4 already.

Please advise on how to get my shared stash to work on the old GoMule so that I can begin transferring my items. If there is a community Discord or something where I can share my screen, I'd be happy to do so if anyone is willing to assist.

EDIT: I figured it out. I just need a pre-2.4 stash from a back-up save file of mine. Transfer in progress!

Last edited:
Wow o_O ... um ... wow ...

I just finished moving everything. 17,334 items. Which seems like a lot considering all of them originated in D2R :whistle: .

Anyhow, I guess it wasn't that bad. It took about five and a half hours ... (Which I suppose is nothing compared to how long it took to accumulate all those items.) Still, let's hope Blizzard doesn't decide to do that again. And along those lines ... Any suggestions on exactly where we could send that angry email? ... I wrote some duzzies in my head while I was transferring stuff :D . It'd be a shame not to actually send one ;) . *Sigh.* Anyhow ...

Feels good to have gotten it done!

@silospen - Thanks again for all your efforts! Everything's working great!

Well i also finally did it, actually it wasnt as horrible as expected. Moved roughly arround 1,3k items/10 min (depending how many "big" items etc)
I did it like this:
I dowloaded that empty shard stash and put it into the savedgame diablo folder. then i copied it, like crtl+c and always kept it copied.
then i opend old gomule, added the shared stash, made it full with items by pick all/drop all.
then i opend d2r and created a random game, left game, closed d2r.
Opend new gomule, added the shared stash, added a normal stash and transferd it.

After then i just went back to the saved game folder and press like ctrl+v so the current sharded stash file is replaced by the untouched one i downloaded before.

Then i opened old gomule again, the shared stash we added in the 1. round is still there, cause its same name etc and empty, so i just loaded it full with items again, saved and closed, opend d2r, made game, left.
then open open new gomule and the shared stash from before is ofc also still there so u dont hav to add it again etc and just put the items to normal stash.
---
I hav 1 char which i played a little bit when 2.4 came out and i didnt hav the new gomule. Somehow i cant get this char into the new gomule, it always says "dissconnected" and i have no access to anything on the char.
any ideas how i can get that char to work right?
ty

Well i also finally did it, actually it wasnt as horrible as expected. Moved roughly arround 1,3k items/10 min (depending how many "big" items etc)
I did it like this:
I dowloaded that empty shard stash and put it into the savedgame diablo folder. then i copied it, like crtl+c and always kept it copied.
then i opend old gomule, added the shared stash, made it full with items by pick all/drop all.
then i opend d2r and created a random game, left game, closed d2r.
Opend new gomule, added the shared stash, added a normal stash and transferd it.

After then i just went back to the saved game folder and press like ctrl+v so the current sharded stash file is replaced by the untouched one i downloaded before.

Then i opened old gomule again, the shared stash we added in the 1. round is still there, cause its same name etc and empty, so i just loaded it full with items again, saved and closed, opend d2r, made game, left.
then open open new gomule and the shared stash from before is ofc also still there so u dont hav to add it again etc and just put the items to normal stash.
---
I hav 1 char which i played a little bit when 2.4 came out and i didnt hav the new gomule. Somehow i cant get this char into the new gomule, it always says "dissconnected" and i have no access to anything on the char.
any ideas how i can get that char to work right?
ty
Same problem I have. I have some characters who can be opened in the latest GoMule and some that can't, even though they've both been into 2.4 and can both see the new shared stash. I can't see any difference between them but one works and the other just doesn't.

There is probably an item equiped in that char (most likely set items?) that due to minor changes can't be recognized by Gomule anymore. What I would do is to move all the gear in the shared stash and check whether Gomule can open that character naked.

If yes, then you just need to figure out which item(s) are not readable by Gomule. If not, sending the file to Silospen would help solving the mystery.

Edit :

If you're having issues with "disconnected" stuff, make sure you have the right download for 2.4, I was using the second link in silo's post, messed me up.

Got everything working now!

Last edited:
Ok, now I do have a question that would need some assistance....

I have a bunch of stuff from my laptop that uses GoMule R0.42 & Diablo 2 1.13c characters / item files. I can open them no problems on R0.42 but when I try to open them with the go mule that was released here before the 2.4 version recently, it says "Stash Version Incorrect" I wanted to convert everything to 2.4 version so I was going to move this stuff over the same way I did the other stuff but I don't know what the issue is with going from 1.13c -> 1.14 ?

I understand the procedure how to transfer 2.3 GoMule stashes, but I don't understand why I have to do this at all. Can GoMule for 2.4 not read its own stashes from earlier versions or, if necessary, convert them? Or is this just not finished yet?

Reactions: coju
I understand the procedure how to transfer 2.3 GoMule stashes, but I don't understand why I have to do this at all. Can GoMule for 2.4 not read its own stashes from earlier versions or, if necessary, convert them? Or is this just not finished yet?
Yes, the new Gomule can no longer open older versions because Blizzard changed the character and item format in 2.4. The new version of Gomule was adapted to read this kind of format which is not compatible with the old format.

So, there is no reason to wait for an updated version of Gomule, it won't be able to open the old stashes no matter what. Unfortunately, you need to go through the procedure of converting them.

OK, when accepting it as a fact, I'm just curious why this is so.

I can think of a few reasons for the incompatibility between GoMule stashes. For example, GoMule might cut parts of D2R charcter files and shared stashes and copy them into GoMule stashes without knowing all details about the item recordsets. The problem then is that these unknown details have changed which would make a conversion of GoMule stashes impossible. Only Blizzard might know them, so the conversion is to be left to them.

@silospen: If that's the case, then it would be nice to have a version of 2.3 and 2.4 GoMule with something like a "Pickup all" and "Drop all" button for shared stashes to avoid having to move every item one by one. Regarding "drop all", there doesn't have to be a sophisticated algorithm for perfect placement. After all, it's D2R, not Tetris.

Edit: Nothing to be done here, GoMule already offers it and I was just blind.

Last edited:
OK, when accepting it as a fact, I'm just curious why this is so.

I can think of a few reasons for the incompatibility between GoMule stashes. For example, GoMule might cut parts of D2R charcter files and shared stashes and copy them into GoMule stashes without knowing all details about the item recordsets. The problem then is that these unknown details have changed which would make a conversion of GoMule stashes impossible. Only Blizzard might know them, so the conversion is to be left to them.

@silospen: If that's the case, then it would be nice to have a version of 2.3 and 2.4 GoMule with something like a "Pickup all" and "Drop all" button for shared stashes to avoid having to move every item one by one. Regarding "drop all", there doesn't have to be a sophisticated algorithm for perfect placement. After all, it's D2R, not Tetris.

I know I haven't been answered yet but I'm not sure what you mean by pick up and drop all for shared stashes should be there? It is there, I transfered like 1k items ultra fast because I could pick all and drop all in to stash tabs. It's not perfect but it's definitely quick and fills almost the entire thing every time.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High