GoMule for D2 Resurrected

I mean that when D2R was launched the only FAM way to forward items from Legacy was to use Char Mules.

At that time we could do new Char Mules as we needed because the Legacy was there. If I have understood it right the 2.4 Patch overwrites the old one? Then we can not create any more old Char mules to forward stuff, right?

I won't launch D2R and update until we have a new version of GoMule..

m4ke

Edit: But I have prepared my stuff already.
I don't think that patch 2.4 prevents the forwarding of D2L characters, or at least no one has suggested that's the case. I guess I could test it out right now...

Forwarding* still works fine.

* Only meaning that characters copied from D2L patch 1.14d can be opened in D2R patch 2.4.

I don't think that patch 2.4 prevents the forwarding of D2L characters, or at least no one has suggested that's the case. I guess I could test it out right now...
I'm trying to say that forwarding Characters from old D2R -> D2R 2.4 is possible only with existing old D2R characters. You can't create any new old D2R characters to be old D2R item mules.

m4ke

I'm trying to say that forwarding Characters from old D2R -> D2R 2.4 is possible only with existing old D2R characters. You can't create any new old D2R characters to be old D2R item mules.

m4ke
I don't see what you think an "old D2R item mule" even is. I suspect silo will fix GoMule to be able to open D2R 2.4 characters while still being able to open 'old' D2R item stashes. It sounds like you're saying that GoMule cannot be fixed in that way. Maybe that's true.

I don't see what you think an "old D2R item mule" even is. I suspect silo will fix GoMule to be able to open D2R 2.4 characters while still being able to open 'old' D2R item stashes. It sounds like you're saying that GoMule cannot be fixed in that way. Maybe that's true.
If you still had some pre-2.4 characters you haven't loaded into D2R since the patch, they'll still interact with the current D2R Gomule. (And could be used to move stuff from stashes into 2.4 until GoMule is updated.) But, you obviously can't create any new pre-2.4 mules unless you've managed to not update the game yet.

I'm not too worried that we'll get it all worked out in the end. It just takes a bit of patience.

If you still had some pre-2.4 characters you haven't loaded into D2R since the patch, they'll still interact with the current D2R Gomule. (And could be used to move stuff from stashes into 2.4 until GoMule is updated.) But, you obviously can't create any new pre-2.4 mules unless you've managed to not update the game yet.

I'm not too worried that we'll get it all worked out in the end. It just takes a bit of patience.
Gotcha, so I shouldn't worry about making mules in 2.4 while I wait and it being for nothing

About GoMule:

1. GoMule is always updated to support the new Char ID (which is the current situation)
2. Updated GoMule has newer supported any older Char ID's
3. Updated GoMule has always updated the ID also to stashes (so old stashes have also always been incompatible)
4. In short: New GoMule will probably not support pre-2.4 Characters & Stashes

@silospen may of course make an exception for the Stashes if the Item Data Format has not been changed.

I won't be back into this subject any more =)

m4ke

Reactions: snickersnack
About GoMule:

1. GoMule is always updated to support the new Char ID (which is the current situation)
2. Updated GoMule has newer supported any older Char ID's
3. Updated GoMule has always updated the ID also to stashes (so old stashes have also always been incompatible)
4. In short: New GoMule will probably not support pre-2.4 Characters & Stashes

@silospen may of course make an exception for the Stashes if the Item Data Format has not been changed.

I won't be back into this subject any more =)

m4ke
Even in that situation, there's no reason you couldn't just run the older version of GoMule to move stuff over the same way you can use Legacy GoMule to move legacy stuff into D2R.

Since there's not any way to run older versions of D2R (so no intra-D2R time-travel) I don't see any non-technical reasons to make the GoMule stashes incompatible between D2R versions. I have no idea if there are technical reasons, of course. If there are, then the the solution in my first paragraph still works.

Hi Friends! Sorry for the delay, here's a first version of something that should work for 2.4. Use caution - your backups should still work if something goes wrong. https://sourceforge.net/projects/go...MuleR4.4.14-BETA_Resurrected_1.0.zip/download

The bad news - Blizzard did indeed structurally change the character file format and the item format. So far I've only found the changes affected only a little bit of what GoMule is interested in, but as @m4ke and others have discussed, this puts us back in that horrible position where we have to use the game to time-warp items to the future. Cue much disappointment in Blizz :(

I have some ideas of how this could be made easier, for one here's an empty shared stash from pre-2.4: https://sourceforge.net/projects/gomule/files/gomule/R0.44/SharedStashSoftCoreV2.d2i/download

What you'll need to do is something like:
- Load up your pre 2.4 regular stash in pre 2.4 GoMule
- Load up this empty pre 2.4 shared stash in pre 2.4 GoMule
- Transfer items from your regular stash to the shared stash
- Move the pre 2.4 shared stash to your saved game folder
- Open D2R 2.4
- Now your shared stash is a 2.4 shared stash!
- Open 2.4 GoMule
- Create a new regular 2.4 stash
- Open the 2.4 shared stash
- Transfer your items from the 2.4 shared stash into your new regular 2.4 stash.

(Obviously you can do the same thing with characters, but as pointed out in the discussion above, you might not have any pre 2.4 characters if you opened them all up already!)

Let me know how it goes, also send angry email to Blizz about updating their file format ;P

Cheers for the quick update !
Any ideas about how to forward a >10k item stash from 2.3 to 2.4 ?
:unsure:

@silospen Thanks for all of your work. I think we all appreciate it a lot. Also, that was pretty quick, so you really shouldn't apologize for any wait. :)

The beta version of GoMule that you just posted opens my characters fine, so far, but it seems like it won't open the shared stash file. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong folder or something, but I'm trying to open the file that's in the same save folder as my D2R characters. It's named as the shared stash, of course.

When I open that file, the subwindow that pops up looks like an empty GoMule stash rather than the shared stash layout, if that makes sense. I can post a screenshot/video if needed.

Edit: Also, I checked that opening the character and stash files doesn't seem to corrupt them by checking in D2R again after I try opening in GoMule.

Edit: Ugh..... The shared stash has a separate button in GoMule....... Nevermind me!

Edit: Also, I've started moving gold over, and the steps you posted earlier seem to work fine for me. Thanks! I do have a question, though, as I don't want to lose any items if it can be easily avoided. I can just rename each sharedStash that I move to 2.4 and then transfer the items to a GoMule stash later, right? It seems like I should be able to. Has anyone tried this?

Last edited:
Ouch! I'll take a look, email it to [email protected]. But sort of fundamentally unless every item goes through the game code, there's a chance there'll be a broken one in there.
Thank you for the offer but I am sure you have better things to do :) I will selectively forward items with the shared stash trick.
Thank you for your efforts !!

Thank you for the offer but I am sure you have better things to do :) I will selectively forward items with the shared stash trick.
Thank you for your efforts !!
I have around 7500 items and I've started moving them all via the stash file. I started with uniques and I'm at 303 moved atm. If you never hear from me again, you'll know why. 🤪

BTW, you don't need to open the stash in game, but you do need to load up a character. Just running the game and getting to the character selection screen isn't enough. I'm up to 500 now!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Oblivious
I do have a question, though, as I don't want to lose any items if it can be easily avoided. I can just rename each sharedStash that I move to 2.4 and then transfer the items to a GoMule stash later, right? It seems like I should be able to. Has anyone tried this?
I haven't tried renaming the shared stash file, but I have maintained different shared stash files for different projects. I have folders with the project name and move the shared stash for that project into it when I want to load a different one in game. So, a bit more work than renaming, but it's another option if you don't want to mess around with renaming the actual stash file.

Reactions: snickersnack
I haven't tried renaming the shared stash file, but I have maintained different shared stash files for different projects. I have folders with the project name and move the shared stash for that project into it when I want to load a different one in game. So, a bit more work than renaming, but it's another option if you don't want to mess around with renaming the actual stash file.
Thanks, that's good info.

I've just been doing what silo mentioned earlier, but deleting the 'spent' stash file each time. I'm 14% done now. :giggle:

Guys,
How do install the 4.14-Beta D2R Gomule and get it to work properly. I tried copying the contents of the 4.14-Beta/GoMule folder to my existing GoMule folder to overwrite the existing files. After doing that I get the following errors when attempting to launch GoMule:

Error

Stash Version Incorrect!
at gomule.d2x.D2Stash.readAtmaItems(D2Stash.java:153)
at gomule.d2x.D2Stash.<init>(D2Stash.java:78)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewClipboard.setProject(D2ViewClipboard.java:202)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewClipboard.<init>(D2ViewClipboard.java:75)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewClipboard.getInstance(D2ViewClipboard.java:146)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.createRightPane(D2FileManager.java:492)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.<init>(D2FileManager.java:127)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.<clinit>(D2FileManager.java:70)
at gomule.GoMule$1.run(GoMule.java:83)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High