Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

How many fingers do you have on each hand? For this exercise, list the number of thumbs separately.

The usual. I hold the mouse with my thumb on the right hand flank (I use my thumb to press the ancillary mouse buttons), my pinky and ring finger on the left flank, my middle finger resting on my ring finger and my index finger for buttons. I take it that that is unusual.

Middle finger on the ring finger? I tried it. It surely didn't feel like resting for that finger :confused:.

Depending on the mouse I'm using I use my index finger for the left mouse button and the mouse wheel, my middle finger for right mouse button, thumb and ring finger for extra buttons if the mouse has them and my pinky doesn't do much.

The usual. I hold the mouse with my thumb on the right hand flank (I use my thumb to press the ancillary mouse buttons), my pinky and ring finger on the left flank, my middle finger resting on my ring finger and my index finger for buttons. I take it that that is unusual.

This is a safe space, there is no one judging you here.

Except for kegs of course. He's a judge.

If he can get his wrinkled old arse into the judges seat and lift the gavel that is.

Though wasn't he an electrician having made the light and all.

What mouse do you have? It sound like maybe the mouse is too small for your hand.

these are the "typical" ways to hold a mouse

View attachment 14738

It has nothing to do with the size of the mouse. I can only co-ordinate the index finger; using thee fingers is simply beyond be. MrsNix uses the same grip as me (although in the right hand), in fact I've don't recall ever seeing anyone using a grip like those above.

Anyone else having issues getting to the forum more frequently? It seems like every week (or several times a week) I get server errors of some kind.

Now I'm getting 404 error which means my bookmark is probably the wrong URL. Did something happen?

Anyone else having issues getting to the forum more frequently? It seems like every week (or several times a week) I get server errors of some kind.

Now I'm getting 404 error which means my bookmark is probably the wrong URL. Did something happen?

I got that too!

I just flew into a rage and created a new bookmark. All good now.

Yeah experiencing very slow load times and getting this message when I like something...

View attachment 14786

Getting the same stuff over here with that "Are you sure...?" message. :E

Clicking "Alerts" or "Inbox" also tends to take me to the actual alert/inbox pages, rather than that it pops up the small preview windows listing the last/new ones. Pretty much every button does not seem to be behaving normally, unless you first allow the page to fully load.

Loading each page fully is taking forever though; the reply-box does not show up for ages.

Last edited:
The same here.

I'm a tip gripper BTW... left-handed, like many great men, i.e. Iulius Caesar, Alexander the Great, Charlemagne and (counts as two!) Fidel Castro.

Half of the examples are guesses.

Edit: I was right with all of them :).

Last edited:

I think the question is why do you need to move your index finger between mouse buttons? I use index finger for left click, middle finger for scroll wheel and ring for right click. None of the fingers moved from their assigned buttons.

Yes, that was the question. I personally only use 2 fingers (Index for left and Middle for the Right/wheel) I have never felt the need to use 3 fingers as the wheel and right button are not used in conjunction.

I only use one finger on a mouse; my index finger. I have never been able to use more than one finger, I simple don't have the dexterity and never have.

EDIT: Frankly, I don't know whether it is dexterity or mental acuity
Neat!

I tried to replicate this and it seems to take way more dexterity to hold my hand in that position to be perfectly honest.

When I tried to log in from my bookmark today I got a domain error and I my brain quickly went through the possibilities of the forum being gone in my head. It was a dark time. Then I did a quick Google and it seems my bookmark was just outdated (probably an old redirect they never renewed or something.) Other than that everything seems fine.

The loading and errors seem to have dissappeared I don't have any issues with the forum as of today.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High