Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

You are playing Sweden... Please be gentle to us!! We haven't even hit the goal once in two games...

Heh true. And even then you deserved a point against Italy, who played terribly bad, but scored a late lucky goal.

If we play like we did against Ireland and Sweden doesn't start to play at the level they are capable of, we shouldn't have troubles winning. If we play like we did against Italy though ... Especially if Zlatan for once isn't the worst player on the pitch, like he was in the last 2 games.

I expect an exciting game :).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the football madness is invading the forum!
Corax I hope your summoning has nothing to do with it!

Yeah, woohoo !!! Football, football, football, ... Croatia was oustanding yesterday, btw.
Yeah great game!

I don't even like soccer that much.

Up until now i have barely seen any of it. Partially because my own country failed to qualify, another part because i'm quite busy playing Fallout and the last part because i think there's too many countries that have no business there and we should just skip group phase and go to knock out right away. No weighted draw, just everyone in one big pot and see who draws who. Much more interesting that way, plus some of the lesser countries have a chance to actually get somewhere if they get lucky.

Up until now i have barely seen any of it. Partially because my own country failed to qualify, another part because i'm quite busy playing Fallout and the last part because i think there's too many countries that have no business there and we should just skip group phase and go to knock out right away. No weighted draw, just everyone in one big pot and see who draws who. Much more interesting that way, plus some of the lesser countries have a chance to actually get somewhere if they get lucky.
Yeah I do miss those bright orange jerseys! Some of my favorite strikers in EPL are Dutch. Most retired now though.

@Cyrax I'm actually fond of the new system with 24 teams. I don't mind more games, after all Euro happens only once in 4 years. And looking at games played so far there were some really nice surprises (gogo Croatia).

*orders beer*

Hungary - Portugal was an amazing game as well ... 3 - 3 !!! And with the last minute goal of Iceland against Austria, things are completely insane in that group.

Hungary - Portugal was an amazing game as well ... 3 - 3 !!! And with the last minute goal of Iceland against Austria, things are completely insane in that group.
Yes that has been the group to watch thus far. Several close matches, which is probably why they air the majority of that group's matches where I'm located.

The one time Belgium has some decent players and @kamap doesn't want to hear anything about it.

I know it's once every 4 years, but if you count the world championship too you got a bit tournament every two years. With the current number of countries qualifying it's almost a miracle Andorra didn't qualify. I mean, why are we playing qualification matches any more? THen tournament starts and in a group of 4 it's still possible to qualify for next stage when you end up 3rd.

Yea, I still don't mind it though :D

I think it's a win-win situation, smaller football countries get to play on a big tournament, we get to watch lots of matches, economy profits by people spending their money. You (I don't mean specifically you - anyone) can always change your channel or shut down your television so I don't see it as much of a problem... And you have to admit seeing those crazy Irish after they qualified for next round makes you want to sing Irish pub songs :)

Even if you could garantuee, Belgium would win.
i'd still wouldn't want to hear anything about it.
Its a silly sport, where money and the size of your population makes a whole freaking difference like in many other group sports.

So you wanna make new countries, all with the exact same amount of people? That way group sports would be more fair.

Ok, sure i can see the appeal for small countries as they normally would only be able to qualify when hell freezes over. Nice for those as they can finally cheer for their own instead of having to pick a country that made it. Though you shouldn't be too concerned about that. Croatia usually has some decent enough players.

Irish fans may be idiots, but they're adorable idiots. Wish more supporters were like that. Both in matches between countries as in the normal competitions.

There's a way to change the channel on my tv???? Who knew!? :p

Is the foot-soccer-ball gone yet?
No?
EEP!
*Runs his feet-legs out the door*
Oh! And get me a long island iced tea to go, please!
A drinky-drink would do nicely.

Even if you could garantuee, Belgium would win.
i'd still wouldn't want to hear anything about it.
Its a silly sport, where money and the size of your population makes a whole freaking difference like in many other group sports.

I'd say the main difference comes from the team selector and his ability to merge all of the different playtipes players are used to in their home clubs. Having a bigger pool of quality players and money to pay them helps, but won't make them play like a team. Anyone remember Greece in 2004.? Sure you can argue it's not football what they were playing, but they had no extra quality nor finance and they still won it.

*serves coffee, leans back and watches how BREXIT fares today

Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk

Will be interesting to see. I hope they vote to leave. Not because i want to get rid of them, but i just hope that in my country we'll get the opportunity to leave as well. Probably won't happen, but one can hope. We still have the results of a certain Ukraine referendum that our government is ignoring and trying to spin to their advantage.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High