Devi: A Trapper Walkthrough

Lore in a Cap. Now that is stylish. I mean, I actually don't like the look of caps on most characters (too bad Blizzard decided to make a Harlequin Crest in a cap based item). But I have never made Lore in a Cap, nor can I remember seeing other people do it ;).

The eth 4os Cleaver is cool, but I can't see much use in it. Maybe for Passion on a Blade Fury Assassin, but that's about it, and even then it would mainly be a novelty.

The eth Cleaver does look pretty cool but I don't really think it has much use. If it was an elite base, definitely (Oath), but as exceptional it wouldn't really be worth the runes in my opinion. I would also just carry the flawless topaz with you and whenever you do hit a gem shrine or get your second topaz, go ahead and swap helms as your lightning sentry will be more than strong enough without the extra +1 from Lore in Nightmare anyway.

Lore in a Cap. Now that is stylish. I mean, I actually don't like the look of caps on most characters (too bad Blizzard decided to make a Harlequin Crest in a cap based item). But I have never made Lore in a Cap, nor can I remember seeing other people do it ;).

The eth 4os Cleaver is cool, but I can't see much use in it. Maybe for Passion on a Blade Fury Assassin, but that's about it, and even then it would mainly be a novelty.
Cap is rough but you can shop it, so I've done if for lore a few times when i didn't have an exceptional base handy. You want to see ugly though, you should see my skull cap lore :D

I like the cap look on a few characters. I prefer circlet. I found probably 4x 1os circlets :( I would have also gladly used a bone helm. i found 2x 1os bone helms. no dice.

The eth Cleaver does look pretty cool but I don't really think it has much use. If it was an elite base, definitely (Oath), but as exceptional it wouldn't really be worth the runes in my opinion. I would also just carry the flawless topaz with you and whenever you do hit a gem shrine or get your second topaz, go ahead and swap helms as your lightning sentry will be more than strong enough without the extra +1 from Lore in Nightmare anyway.

Agreed. Definitely gonna run with the MF helm once I get 2x ptopaz in it.

Cap is rough but you can shop it, so I've done if for lore a few times when i didn't have an exceptional base handy. You want to see ugly though, you should see my skull cap lore :D

Yeah, skull caps are hideous.

Really enjoying this thread, keep up the updates!

Planning for my next character to be an untwinked Assassin after I finish my 99er so I am especially interested in your progress.

Good luck!

Really enjoying this thread, keep up the updates!

Planning for my next character to be an untwinked Assassin after I finish my 99er so I am especially interested in your progress.

Good luck!
Thanks! I'm loving all the feedback and interest.

Since people are reading this, might as well get some input. What do you all think the best plan is for advancement? My goals are:
- be as time efficient as possible
- be as effective at RFL as i can

Should I farm nm andy/meph at all for stuff like chancies, nagels, vmagi, etc. or just press on to hell?
My original goal was to just push to hell countess and run for treach/smoke on me and merc. Is that best, you think? What about farming hell andy/meph? pointless?

Also, assuming I can only make one, and with cows as first round in RFL, do you think I can kill cows faster with enigma OR infinity?

Played a good bit today. After finding the 3 os great helm, i needed to farm up some gem shrines. my second map was this perfect piece of pie. in retrospect, i wish i had cubed up even my chipped topazs and all my amathyst. anyone seen a better gem shrine map? it took about 5 min to find 4 shrines.

bDyWpnp.jpg

here's the helm in it's glory. devi is looking stylish fo sho
0AHVNJq.jpg

i do the magic rings into ammys and vice versa. made this cutie
aEeOir3.jpg

i found a 5 mf sc on my way to duri. his drops were actually nice for once. i was glad i made that mf helm.

3ve9Y3L.jpg

lsEN8Fl.jpg

amulet wasnt bad either. using this. wish it were traps.

xOvVyHR.jpg

as i went through a3, i made the first ring here, ormus gave me the second, and i found a nice base for a mf armor!!

oqOQKRH.jpg

SO7JSGt.jpg

HultI7N.jpg

made it to meph without much fan fare. he had an abysmal quest drop. i really wish the death mask had rolled set. it would have been awesome for merc.

LQuSbKB.jpg

shortly into a4, i foudn these nice booties. i lost 4 mf but got some res out of it.

tOBg3IE.jpg

i got my 2 skills and pushed for the forge. behold, a gift from above.

4sTKaBb.jpg

The lem saves me a bunch of time because i need a treach or smoke for me at least and for merc as well (if i can upgrade the kelpie OR make an elite insight), and even the ruby helps. i needed leech on my merc and youll see that he shortly gets it (via the ruby)

found a decent sc in chaos

sdgV5AX.jpg

diablo gave crap, just like meph.

0ER62Ju.jpg

I got a ral from saving the barbs and promptly made this. super thankful it rolled 3%. only slightly bummed the ds was 5%

aRf51UO.jpg

It's worth noting that it's pretty remarkable ive been able to push forward without magic finding at all and still have a good merc who is capable enough to stay alive and kill immunes. kelpie + holy freeze keeps him pretty safe in melee and his darkglow pushes those resistances up to 80% for the ones that have res on other items (fire on kelpie, lightning on my previous helm but now cold on the blood helm i just made).

worldstone 2 had souls, beetles, and vipers in HIGH density the first time. souls and beeltes being so immune/resistant meant i wasnt able to advance and when i tried to telestaff it through there, my lack of fcr got me ded. so i just reset and ran from ancient way. it was easy the second time.

2 uniques for grail. crazy i dropped a butchers at duri and barbed club at baal. any single pass melee out there?

PxS5JZV.jpg

Z9Rwj2T.jpg

GTyjtBC.jpg

pus spitter rolled 1% off perfect. and i found a super cute ring on my way to baal that i didnt identify til after.

7nL1NDv.jpg

J9odqdb.jpg

Nice progress! Are you considering any MFing before pushing into Hell?

okay so i now need help deciding what to do. below is my current gear and stats. my options are:
- farm nm countess for shael.
- press on and try to farm hell countess (might be pretty hard without a good way to kill lightning immunes)
- farm nm meph or andy for vmagi/other gear
- farm nm cows for insight base
- run nm pindle for gear/levels
- farm gem shrines to make 4 ptopazes for my 4os mf armor

edit: resistances in the gif below are nm resistances. i haven't done anya in norm or nm yet.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Personally I would spend some time at NM Meph just for some general upgrades. VMagi would be great, but there are a lot of other good things you could come across too, to upgrade your overall survivability for Hell. I would also definitely run NM Pindle/Baal until you're ~70-75 before entering Hell. If there are some things you want to get from Hell Countess, I would wait until doing those other two things I list first. It will also give you time to collect some better 'killing gear' as opposed to (or in addition to) MF gear, which would be a good choice when going after Countess as MF doesn't affect rune drops. What is your current skill distribution? I would definitely consider a respec to Lightning Sentry, Death Sentry, and Fireblast to start taking on Hell. All synergize one another well and it gives you two solid elements to attack with.

Personally I would spend some time at NM Meph just for some general upgrades. VMagi would be great, but there are a lot of other good things you could come across too, to upgrade your overall survivability for Hell. I would also definitely run NM Pindle/Baal until you're ~70-75 before entering Hell. If there are some things you want to get from Hell Countess, I would wait until doing those other two things I list first. It will also give you time to collect some better 'killing gear' as opposed to (or in addition to) MF gear, which would be a good choice when going after Countess as MF doesn't affect rune drops. What is your current skill distribution? I would definitely consider a respec to Lightning Sentry, Death Sentry, and Fireblast to start taking on Hell. All synergize one another well and it gives you two solid elements to attack with.
Yeah, I always intended to max fire blast. I think I assumed that I would have enough points to max shockweb first and then fireblast, but I was wrong. So I've pivoted to maxing fireblast and even though it's at about level 14 or 15 right now, it's working for immunes alongside merc's physical dmg.

updates incoming.

So I went back and did my anya and stat quests, farmed levels from pindle and eldritch. here's some screen shots of the finds along the way.

anya reward -.-

aa3NyYA.jpg

i think i found 3 rare death masks in a5 nm and a1 hell so far -.-

SST6vnn.jpg

C7N6b8Q.jpg

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High