D2R General Chat

The equipment looks right, what armor you use?

For duriel I don't use Exile, using HoZ and Reaper's Toll on merc.
Armor is Guardian Angel. I try to keep my 'best' stuff in Legacy as long as possible. Or forever.

I can see why Reapers for Duriel but why not Exile?

Also you seem to miss open wounds (Gore Rider or Dracul's)?
Yes, that's true. Could that be the main problem?

I'll test suggested changes but first I have to farm a new set of keys (had 3 sets, all gone).

m4ke

Edit: I got it why not Exile and Reapers at the same time =)

Last edited:
Yep, Open Wounds it was. No problems with Dracul's and Cores.
01_Torch.png

Is it normal that they ALL three + minions attack me at the same time or is it just the map?

m4ke

Reactions: coju and ffs
Yep, Open Wounds it was. No problems with Dracul's and Cores.
View attachment 67646

Is it normal that they ALL three + minions attack me at the same time or is it just the map?

m4ke
Usually the red portal is somewhat safe, I guess unlucky spawn can happen or the merc can move towards the center and attract attention.
With load screen lag the chance for it increases.

Reactions: teddeeboy
The job is the problem for me right now, any amount of working is too much time away. 🤣 Completely addicted
I’ve played like a total of maybe 6-7 hours, I woke up early this morning just to squeeze in a bit lmao
Usually the red portal is somewhat safe, I guess unlucky spawn can happen or the merc can move towards the center and attract attention.
With load screen lag the chance for it increases.

What I’m doing is hitting escape when I enter the portal. Even though you’re at the load screen it’ll pause then just resume when the load is done.

I've mostly been playing SP HC so far in D2R, and focusing on Trav Barb for general gear farming in HC.

A couple of things I noticed FWIW, some general, some Trav-specific:
  • While many loading screens allow you to still perform actions such as walking, casting buffs etc., other loading screens do not. I think the rule is that "it works, unless you are using a waypoint". Whether that is true or not, it doesn't work during the "entering Travincal" loading screen unfortunately. The "entering game" screen as well as portals (including Pindle's portal) both work though.
  • For me, loading screens to seem to be a little faster when not switching acts. Coupled with the fact that it's possible to "blindly" walk towards the WP during the "entering game" loading screen, running through A3 town seems to be a better option than it used to be in D2L. I'm not quite sure yet whether it's really faster than teleporting back to Trav WP and going to A4, but depending on individual loading times it could be.
  • Holding ALT/show items while teleporting no longer ignores obstacles. In fact I've noticed I now even get stuck at shrines.
  • Avoiding obstacles ist still possible when using extended teleport (with open LCS) so that seems a good workaround. This no longer increases teleporting distance as much as in D2L, but still adds a little bit of distance to individual teleports when the cursor is at the edge of the screen.
  • Gold autopickup does not work while using moving skills such as WW, also the /nopickup command disables it
  • RMB can be held down to hork the whole council, and when doing so the Barb will not pick up any items, however he will pick up gold unless the /nopickup command is used. Pretty convenient IMO. (RMB can just conveniently be held down from starting to hork, switching back to teleport, open LCS and going back to WP.)

Yea teleporting onto gold also doesnt work. you have to run over it to pick it up. the range is really low.
Imo thats a really half baked implementation of this auto gold pick up feature. Clicking it doesnt seem like that much efford when the auto pick up only works if you run directly onto the gold.

Holding ALT/show items while teleporting no longer ignores obstacles. In fact I've noticed I now even get stuck at shrines.
Also kinda annoying for ww, I used to hold showitem to avoid accidentally mousing over a guy while holding rclick and then slapping him instead of wwing. Only way I can figure now is just making sure you rclick an empty area before starting your ww. I'm accidentally slapping dudes far more often now. This seems like one of those things that should definitely be fixed but they can't possibly focus on such a small thing before all the huge issues keeping folks from playing are addressed. I hope they get this one figured out along with a whole slew of other small changes such as /players settings not transferring over, cain cube id not working etc.

I have the same experience with moving on the loading screen - doesn't work from wp to wp, but works when joining game or tps. It's nice you can do this (although I wish it'd just show it instead of being behind the load screen) - like if you're doing pindle runs by the time my game loads in I'm already at the a5 wp well on my way to the red portal. So yeah my load times are "long" in a5, however my pindle runs are pretty goshdarn quick because it doesn't really matter how long they are, I'm still doing my run while it's loading :ROFLMAO: A little annoying for sure but like.. the same behavior did exist in the original D2L game, you could move and stuff during those same loading circumstances, it's just that it loaded so much quicker it wasn't nearly as noticeable.

Last edited:
A video of me doing LK runs on my UT D2R 99er. Definitely better than expected! With ctrl+paste /players 8 it's less of an inconvenience than I thought it would be once I got used to it. Also auto gold pickup is so great for cleaning up the area with those big drops plus the passive gold you get while running. Always show items is really nice for 1 handed teleporting and clicking chests so you can have coffee while running.

Please excuse me also not being completely good at it yet, I have only been running this evening a bit after rolling maps. My map isn't the best but it's alright for now, I couldn't stomach rolling maps anymore and wanted to start making some headway.

Already getting some runes as well, so that's pretty neat.

Screenshot086.png
Screenshot088.png

Anyone else running merc with delerium and getting alot of crashes? Seems like this bug is not fixed. If anything it happens alot more often.

@Pax1990 i have a feeling we’ll be waiting a while for fixes for stuff like this, if it ever comes at all. Cant stomach the loading times, back to legacy for me until there’s a fix for this. I’ll try upgrading SSD at some point but not too worried at the moment.

In other news, I thought I had my files on a jump drive but apparently I do not. MF Barb, 99er Sorc, and a HC Druid that was the first P8 only walk I finished all gone :(

• Sad
Reactions: ffs and Miron
@NorthDakota nice map and even nicer loading times :) would you mind sharing your hardware setup and settings (in-game and otherwise like system, GPU driver..)? I suspect it’s down to hardware largely but still I’m willing to try fiddling with settings as much as I can. :)

@NorthDakota nice map and even nicer loading times :) would you mind sharing your hardware setup and settings (in-game and otherwise like system, GPU driver..)? I suspect it’s down to hardware largely but still I’m willing to try fiddling with settings as much as I can. :)

System
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor
GPU: Radeon RX 580 8gb
SSD: Crucial CT500MX200
16gb ram

Radeon software settings for D2R
Enhanced Sync: Enabled
AMD Freesync: AMD Optimized
Radeon Anti-lag: Enabled (makes mouse feel snappier to me even without vsync, might be placebo)

In-Game Settings:

Display
Fullscreen
1920x1080
res scale: 100
Sharpness: 0
No vsync
No framerate cap

Graphics
Custom
All are at lowest settings except texture quality is HIGH.
No antialiasing, no dynamic resolution scaling
Framerate target: 0

Legacy Graphics settings
800x600
lighting quality: low
no perspective
no blended shadows

Launching: I launch through a shortcut to D2R.exe directly so I don't use the launcher in any way and it's never loaded on my computer. I don't use any launch options. -ns appears to have no effect for me. I'm not sure if it's connecting to bnet as it always puts me directly to single player and I never click multiplayer. Sometimes it will say "Connecting to b.net" or whatever, sometimes not. Not sure why that is. I haven't updated since like Monday I don't think so I'm missing any patches since then.

As far as graphics settings, I'm not sure it has much impact on my load times aside from framerate cap (for me). I don't enable a lot because I like to have those really high framerates to really enjoy the smoothness of the game and I can't really tell much difference with higher settings. The graphics settings really impact my framerate significantly, I can play with it lookin really juiced up but then I'm only getting 60 fps or lower and I prefer to have it closer to 144 since i just got this fancy new freesync monitor not long ago and I'm trying to take advantage of it. Like I said before, it does seem that a higher framerate seems to mean faster load times regardless of your graphics settings, so limiting it in some ways might mean longer loads. Maybe not though, I've only tested on my hardware. I dunno why my loads are so good, I don't think my pc is that great, I mean it's just a run of the mill ssd, the rx580 isn't great, and the cpu load from the game doesn't seem to be much, I hover around like 30 percent usage on cpu so I'm not sure how much an impact that's making.

Last edited:
Reactions: ffs
@Pax1990In other news, I thought I had my files on a jump drive but apparently I do not. MF Barb, 99er Sorc, and a HC Druid that was the first P8 only walk I finished all gone :(
Google Drive or Dropbox are your friends here. I have my chars and stashes on the NAS and Google Drive just in case.

Reactions: Jpy
@pharaoh i just checked and I have gomule stash backups on there but not anything for the actual characters.

• Sad
Reactions: coju
@NorthDakota thank you for the FAQ. We’ll written.
Q for the thread: can you click the bottom of potions in the belt? For some reason the bottom pixels of each potion is unselectable.
Load times have actually seemed to improve since launch. I was quite annoyed at first but now am becoming pleasantly pleased!
It feels really good playing again. I am hesitant to start HC again as my life situation contains more responsibility now instead of when I was more active and single. I did read a Reddit thread that they treated HC like a rouge-like and that did seem like an interesting mindset towards HC.

With the bnet additions to sp, my current goal in playing is getting to ubers. End goal HC ubers. But currently, SC ubers for practice I suppose.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High