Big Trouble in Little China Mafia Game

I'm going to mod this game a bit different from the others, in that I am going to provide a bit of insight as to the movie's characters and trivia in general, mostly during the night phase, and also when giving Vote Counts and starting/ending the day.

To start:

It is revealed (on the DVD extra and cut scenes commentary) that during the back alley funeral and fight scene that Jack and Wang become trapped in, Jackie Chan was in that scene, this was because:

Jackie Chan
was John Carpenter's first choice to play Wang Chi, but Producer Lawrence Gordon was highly against it, fearing Chan's English wasn't good enough after seeing his performances in Battle Creek Brawl (1980) and The Protector (1985), but Carpenter wanted Chan after the success of Police Story (1985). Chan declined and Dennis Dun was cast instead. (cut and paste from IMDB)

Also for players of Diablo III...did you notice a familliar voice? Lo-Pan is played by actor James Hong, who provided the voice for Covetous Shen.

The Cartoon Series Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles did a parody episode of BTILC, , with James Hong even providing the voice for a parody of Lo-Pan, named Ho-Chan.

Lastly, a look into into the relationship between Jack and Wang:

Ching Dai has interfered.

There have been no deaths this night.

It is now day time and all players are still in the world of the living and have not gone to the hell of many burning bodies.

With 7 alive, it will take 4 to lynch.

You may post freely.

The day will end at 8PM CST (GMT -5) on 08/19/2017 Countdown timer

Trivia:

Kurt Russell had the flu during the shooting of the movie, in the scene just after the brother scene, so the sweat seen on him is very real.

The Chinese characters in the main title translate to "Evil Spirits Make a Big Scene in Little Spiritual State".

Kurt Russell turned down the lead role of Connor MacLeod in Highlander (1986) to appear in this film. Both movies were made and released by 20th Century Fox.

Last edited:
1118full-big-trouble-in-little-china-screenshot.jpg

So how do you think your not having seen the movie will affect you this game? (Not sarcasm, actual question)

I don't think the lack of knowledge will be debilitating, but I suspect knowing the lore would be helpful in ascertaining the identities of power roles if their abilities can be assessed.

I tend to agree on the early game lynching. Although this is only my 3rd game, from what I've seen people hold grudges when they are arbitrarily targeted for a lynch-- for no other reason than to "shake things up." I will stipulate that a "shaken" game is better than one infested by "crickets" --but I'm more in favor of requiring everyone to post SOMETHING (as opposed to lurking in the shadows) than to play "eeeny meenie miney moe" and voting to lynch someone with little or no evidence.

Beyond that, I'll leave you with some inspirational weekend tune-age:

I don't think the lack of knowledge will be debilitating, but I suspect knowing the lore would be helpful in ascertaining the identities of power roles if their abilities can be assessed.

I think you're going to be putting way too much thought into that. I get the feeling, just from the tone and general vibe of this game, that any 'power role' will have some extra kind of flavor attached to it, or something extra, or just extra levels of quirkiness. Not to the levels of BM, but enough to make this stand out from a standard game.

Hmm, that sounds similar to something else you said yesterday.

I'm expecting some crazy power roles, given #19. I'd caution my friends that your actual role may be very different than how it was described to you in your role PM. I can see this particular moderator delighting in messing with us. I expect there to be a bus driver, an insane cop, and possibly a tree stump. Any thoughts?

OK, so obviously D2inDC has a post restriction where he can only use videos from the movie.

Nobody else going to mention the oddity of five posts by one player with no text, just pictures? The last two giving a slight suggestion of being crippled... perhaps unable to speak...? No?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High