Big Trouble in Little China Mafia Game

The Silver Shroud

May 25, 2016

The Rules:

(Please note some rules have changed or been updated for this game)

***Roles have been randomly assigned by Advanced Random Generators Shell: MafiaScum Random Generator***

****Night actions will be resolved via Reasonable Action Resolution.

1. Talk about your role and this game is strictly prohibited outside of the game
thread until it is over (with the exception of designated QT pages).

2. Do not post in the game thread during the night phase. Any post within a few minutes after the end of the day will be ignored. Any post made after that, will result in a mod kill of the poster. Repeated posts during the night phase will also result in a mod kill.

3. Editing, for any reason will result in a mod kill.

4. Flavor story given also pertains to the game, it can be indicate game content, what happened at night, etc. It IS NOT purely for flavor.

5. Once you're dead, stay that way. Dead people tell no tales, or in this case, dead
people make no posts.

6. Every player gets one lynch vote during the day unless told otherwise in their role
PM. Votes and unvotes MUST be bolded or they do not count. This forum does not have vote tags. If your vote or unvote isn't bolded, it doesn't count and please try to put it at the bottom of your post if possible.

Capitalization or proper spelling of one's name is NOT REQUIRED, however, it must be
clear who you are voting for; please try to avoid nicknames. Unvoting is required to vote someone else.

Example:
Vote: Dredd (Correct)
Unvote: Dredd (Correct)

*The above are both bolded and correctly spelled*

Vote: Dredd (Incorrect, not bolded)
Unvote: Dredd (Incorrect, not bolded)

*The above isn't bolded*

V or v: Leo (Incorrect, the entire word Vote needs to be there)
UV or uv: Leo (Incorrect, the entire phrase Unvote or Un Vote needs to be there)

7. Lynching requires the majority of players to vote for the same player. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline a No Lynch will occur. Lock occurs at majority vote, NOT at a +1 past majority vote as in previous games.

Twilight - Begins when a majority is reached and lasts until I post the flip and declare night. You're still alive until I flip you so you can talk in this game thread until then, but no votes or unvotes will be counted.

8. If you have any issues with your role, or any other player, please PM me
in order to find a resolution. Please don’t suicide or do anything rash before
contacting me. Please wait for a response; it might take me a few hours but I will
respond. I'm normally at work during the US workday from 7am - to approx 6PM CST. While I do keep an eye out via smart phone, I wont be doing the bulk of the game modding until I am home in the evening.

9. Any player may claim any role or flavor name. I.E. Any player may claim to be something that they are not. For example, I claim to be innocent of (almost) all charges, I also claim to be John Carpenter.

10. Do not post any information sent to you in a PM by the host. This includes, but is
not limited to, numbers of words/letters/punctuation marks. If you want to claim a
role, don't copy paste the PM I sent you. You may hint and breadcrumb (leave cluse in posts) as to your role if you wish. Just remember, anyone can see them

11. Day lasts 48 hours and night lasts 24 hours. The game starts with a 48 hour day
phase (first day approx 48 hours). As to night actions, please get them to me ASAP during the night, VIA PM. I will use the time stamp of the forums to determine timelyness or night actions. You may change your mind about your night action up until one hour before the start of day. I will always use the most recent night action submitted in resolving the night. If I do not receive a night action PM from someone that has a night action, I will assume you are not submitting one for whatever reason. I will not remind players with night actions to submit them.

This game will start with a Day Phase lasting a bit longer - until Wednesday Night at 8PM CST (GMT-5). Standard phases after that: 48/24.

12. You will get mod killed if you are inactive (at least 2 contributive posts per day
phase required to be considered "active" ).

13. If you are (temp) banned from the site itself, you will also be mod killed.

14. If you cannot continue playing the game for any reason, PM me beforehand
to find a solution.

15. Read the rules and your role PM once more. Have Fun! Good luck! May the best team
win.

16. Behavior - Please don't take anything said during the game that may be directed at you as a personal attack, it's the way this game is played. Rivalries (such as the infamous Noodle vs. Bad Ash rivalry) are fine. It's all in the spirit of the game. Don’t be a ****. This is a heated game but below the belt attacks will not be tolerated. Attack the play not the player.

16. Mafia have pre game talk and day talk via private QT.

17. Accelerated Day Start: For the first day only, everyone has one vote on them.

18. As to Role Flips and Revelations during End of day and start of day stories:
On successful Lynch or NK, the player's flavor name, alignment and role description will be given. Example: Player (name) was lynched, he was John Maclane, Badass Town Cop with an extra two bullets.

19. This game is unconventional as far as the standard fare goes. Both sides are stacked with abilities. Expect things not happen as planned. Expect the unexpected. I've tried to make it fair and balanced for both sides, but this game is by no means normal. Lynches may fail. NK's may fail. More than once. Expect other weirdness also. Hell, the Stay Puft Marshmallow man might appear and step on a Church...

20. You are encouraged to watch the movie "Big Trouble in Little China", it will help big time.

***The game has not started yet***

Role PM's going out soon.

Final disclaimer: The rules are written, any typoes in furute** posts I make do not supercede or create a loophole in the rules.

Qustions? Ask VIA PM or in thread. Please bold questions directed to me with @MoD or @ Silver Shroud.

Have fun!

**future :)

Last edited:
Game information will be in this post.

Master Player List:

1. Caluin Graye
2. DiablotwoinDC
3. Leopold STotch
4. Noodle
5. Scott Berland
6. Warng1286
7. Zemaj

Players Alive:

2. DiablotwoinDC
4. Noodle
7. Zemaj

Spectators:

1. Dredd
2. Kestegs
3. Loz
4. Zarniwoop
5, 6 ???

***Players Dead and in the Graveyard (Hell of Many Demons!)***

1. Scott Berland
2. Warng1286
3. Caluin Graye
4.Leopold STotch

***Play By Play (Who was lynched, was NK'd etc***):

Day 1 ended in a no lynch
Night 1 ended with no deaths
Day 2 ended in a no lynch, modkill on Warng1286 and Scott Berland.
Night 2 ended with no deaths
Day 3 Ended with a lynch on Caluin Graye

***Vote count Record by Day***

Day 1:

1. Caluin Graye: (1)
2. DiablotwoinDC: (1)
3. Leopold Stotch: (1)
4. Noodle: (1)
5. Scott Berland: (1)
6. Warng1286: (1)
7. Zemaj: (1)

Day 2:

1. Leopold Stotch: (1), Zemaj

Day 3:

Leopold Stotch: (1), Caluin Graye
Caluin Graye: (3), Leopold Stotch, zemaj**, DiablotwoinDC

**Noting that zemaj double voted (once with mispelled name, then again correctly spelled) only one vote of those two counts.

Day 4: Leopold Stotch: (3) Noodle, zemaj, DiablotwoinDC

***Mod Notes***

Day 1: everyone started with 1 vote on them, no one voted that day.
Day 2: Scott Berland and Warng1286 were modkilled.
Day 3: Caluin Graye lynched
Day 4: Leopold STotch Lynched

Last edited:
****THIS POST OFFICIALLY STARTS THE GAME****

Day 1 Vote Count:

Demons. Ancient Evil Sorcerers. The Underworld.

Heed the words of ole Jack Burton...what would Jack Burton do?
-Chinese Black Magic. It's real. Very real.

***It is now Day 1, and it is daytime, you may post freely. With seven (7) players alive, it takes 4 to lynch.***

We need to get talking, or we'll have nothing to analyze and will likely be picked off one night kill at a time.

I'm expecting some crazy power roles, given #19. I'd caution my friends that your actual role may be very different than how it was described to you in your role PM. I can see this particular moderator delighting in messing with us. I expect there to be a bus driver, an insane cop, and possibly a tree stump. Any thoughts?

Jack Burton and Wang Chi took a wrong turn into a side alley when they ran into a bit of a problem or two:

Official VC information and stuffs:

Day 1 ends tomorrow at 8PM CST (GMT -5) as of this post, there are roughly 22 hours and 45 minutes from now: Countdown Timer

Woo-hoo! /jig

I expect there to be a bus driver, an insane cop, and possibly a tree stump. Any thoughts?

I do feel that there is a bus driver, given the first clip we are shown. And he's probably magical so, lol! Can conjure lightning from his hands... Lightning Fast Bus Driver?Haha PUUUUUNS! The chara Jack Burton could be an ultra buff cop or something. Frankly, it's been a while since I've seen this movie. Surely need to re-watch again. And don't call me Frank or Shirley.

(yeah, yeah, i know. SUPER LAME, but I think I'm funny so nyeah. :p)

I really like those hats. Where can I get one like it?

I just thought of this because you mentioned hats, lol!!

Damned near missed game start...

I've never even seen Big Trouble in Little China, so I can't even speculate to any of that, but you don't have to know lore to read the rules & they pretty clearly state that there are lots of PRs. Also worth pointing out that SS flat out stated that there are roles that mess with NKs and possibly other PRs.

I just hope that there are no "dream" characters. Because only a dream can kill a dream..

Just kidding. I've never seen movie either. Just studying quotes on rotten tomatoes. I was NOT born ready..

I've thought of a strategy for day 1 (assuming I'm understanding all the rules correctly):

• From reading about mafia games, there are probably 2/7 of us that are mafia?
  • Typically a townsperaon dies on day 1 (even pure random chance is 5/7)
  • From the rules, a lynch would require 4/7 votes on day 1. But, only 3/6 votes on day 2?
So, my idea is to try and prevent any lynch on day 1, keeping the 4 vote requirement intact as long as possible. Everyone can vote in a circle. That way each person gets 1 vote. Even if the 2 mafia deviate, they would only mount 3 votes, not enough for a lynch.

I've never played this game before, so I don't know what kind of night abilities might be out there to disrupt this plan? But, I hope this would keep us all alive to at least find out what some of those abilities are.

What do you guys think?

I actually agree. If everyone (or almost everyone) has powers, why not let everyone use them on night 1 and see what happens? It may be better to see what could happen, than to risk killing a powerful townie.

Hmm.. Is anybody going to vote? I guess if nobody votes nobody gets lynched? ..

My suggestion is the alphabetical circular vote, everyone voting the person below them: (and Zemaj voting Caluin Graye)
1. Caluin Graye
2. DiablotwoinDC
3. Leopold STotch
4. Noodle
5. Scott Berland
6. Warng1286
7. Zemaj

The day has ended. No one has been lynched.

View attachment 5950

It is now night, the night will end tomorrow, Thursday August 17th at 8PM CST (GMT-5) Timer

All night actions are due to me VIA PM by that time.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High