Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

bummer to hear

I hadn't reinstalled D2 since I got a new computer last year but got the itch again when I read the 2.6 patch notes and thought that it'd be cool to try some of the new stuff, but finding out that there's no multiplayer at all for offline characters now kind of put a damper on that plan

Dive in to D2R, it is a good game. Some of the changes have taken a lot of grind out, which makes a different experience to 1.14

Reactions: snickersnack
I think I'll end up getting it, yeah; the sale price is cheap enough. It's just regrettable that the multiplayer project I wanted to buy it for is going to be locked to B.net and that I can't slam forward all my characters/stashes without thinking about it.

How did people here handle it? I'm inclined towards only forwarding some common MF stuff since farming sounds easy enough there.

I originally just migrated a few builds I wanted to try out with some of the skill changes, but ultimately ended up moving everything over. I now really wish I hadn't. Only because I know at some point I will want to still do some stuff in 1.14 that I can no longer do in D2R due to changes (e.g. Shockwave Bear) as well as participating in future MP groups. Moving over basic MF stuff and a few characters (maybe ones that have been retired) is a great way to start out. I'd just advise against moving everything over unless you plan on never going back to 1.14.

Is this bugged or does that only happen with socketing with jewels with both enhanced damage & +damage?

Death Visor
Circlet
Defense: 45
Durability: 30 of 35
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x29c453f6
Item Level: 34
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
+30% Faster Run/Walk
26% Enhanced Damage
+7 to Maximum Damage
+47% Enhanced Defense
Replenish Life +9

Edit: so this is a bit about the bug with jewels which have both ed and +max/min damage causing the ed to be dismissed for the not included end of damage when socketing in non weapons. What I found googling is that the problem arises when both ed and +damage is applied at the same time. This was mentioned in the context of jewels and not armouring without sockets.

In any case I can of course test how this item influences damage as long as LCS is helpful. I’ll report the result when I have had the time to test.

I am aware this is in the category of very mildly interesting. If that. :)

Last edited:

Sunder Charms & Infinity​

Is my understanding correct here?
  • Conviction is effective at 1/5 when the monster is immune, or -17% for Infinity.
  • In Hell, the resistance of Lightning Immunes can be 100%, 105%, 110%, 115%, 120% or 130% (source: AB Wiki)
  • So LIs broken with Infinity are still 83%, 87%, 93% or 98% Resistant to Lightning. 120% and 130% LIs cannot be broken with Infinity.
  • But if you equip a Sunder Charm, it acts first and sets the resistance of the monster to 95%. So after Conviction from Infinity, all LIs have a resistance of 78% - Regardless of their base immunity.

For a Trapper using a Sunder Charm with Infinity will do significantly more Lightning Damage to broken LIs, although you normally have DS & FB as a backup anyway.
For a Sorc, the difference is equivalent to one -5% facet worst case, more for higher immunities. With enough damage this may not be significant, as a Sorc will normally have additional sources of -ELR

Of course you just need to decide if that damage is worth the resist penalty...

@maxicek yes that is correct. Infinity still has a big impact on damage vs immunes. Admittedly I had initial concerns re sunder charms, and still do to some extent, although it's not as bad as I had first thought. But in some ways it's still too "cheap" IMO. Lighnting Sorcs can easily reduce LR further via Crescent Moon or Griffon's (although that is ofc rarer). For those it is a real option to go with Insight Merc, Sunder Charm and Crescent Moon and kill everything rather easily. Pretty easily obtained gear... not sure how good/bad that is but takes away some challenges, and the "achievement" of making a first Infinity etc...

Hello everyone,

Recently I purchased a 1tb SSD HDD, and forgot to backup my offline characters. I lost a lot, but I still have my stash.

Problem is, though I've re-downloaded GoMule D2R, I can't seem to launch it. I thought it was the .jar file but it's a blank white icon. I re-installed JAVA but this hasn't seemed to help.
I even went to different sites, seeing if I was missing a file, but no. Seeking help.

Hello everyone,

Recently I purchased a 1tb SSD HDD, and forgot to backup my offline characters. I lost a lot, but I still have my stash.

Problem is, though I've re-downloaded GoMule D2R, I can't seem to launch it. I thought it was the .jar file but it's a blank white icon. I re-installed JAVA but this hasn't seemed to help.
I even went to different sites, seeing if I was missing a file, but no. Seeking help.
There is a dedicated GoMule thread here: https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/gomule-for-d2-resurrected.2202/page-25

Has anyone tried a ranged enchantress to try out the buff to how +% elemental damage applies to ranged attacks?

I'm using the build that macrobioboi made a youtube video for, so I'm using ES. For now, I have a plain ias jewel socketed in the demonmachine, but I also have this:

Aureolic Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0x1a2411fa
Item Level: 55
Version: Resurrected
+15% Increased Attack Speed
+2 to Mana after each Kill

That would help keep mana topped up a touch (though that is not currently a problem), but I also have this jewel:

Argent Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Required Level: 36
Fingerprint: 0x2c90d22d
Item Level: 99
Version: Resurrected
+15% Increased Attack Speed
+84 to Attack Rating

I'm not currently using a BA merc, so more AR is good. But, once more, I also have a 1.07 MPK ring that could replace my BKWB. Less damage to be basically immortal against large groups might be good, but the build is already quite strong.

Any thoughts on this?

It doesn't happen very often, but occasionally in Hell difficulty I encounter a boss monster cluster of Foul Crow Nest "trees" -- a unique tree with a few "minion" trees close by, all continuously spewing forth sqaudrons of enemy birds.

Question: is it possible for a unique Foul Crow Nest to spawn with the "Teleportation" ability? If so, have you ever seen one of these trees uproot itself after taking some damage, instantly re-planting itself somewhere else? I think such a skirmish would be an odd but interesting challenge.

I've seen a Champion three pack of the trees, but never a boss monster tree. Someone with a LOT better understanding of the game would have to answer your question about being able to spawn with teleportation and then whether it could move or not. Other than Baal I'd say that at least half the time that I encounter a boss with teleport it never actually teleports before I kill it. So, I suspect that even if you encounter one you still probably wouldn't see it move.

Reactions: Swamigoon
Thanks for sharing your observations, @LouB.

@snickersnack Sorry, but I have never built an ES ranged enchantress. If I were in your shoes, I suspect I would socket the Argent jewel instead of the Aureolic. I'd be inclined to lean into Enchant's "moar-AR!" benefit, rather than have my kills trickle mana back into the Energy Shield. But that's an arbitrary personal preference. I don't really have a better argument to defend that choice.

@snickersnack Sorry, but I have never built an ES ranged enchantress. If I were in your shoes, I suspect I would socket the Argent jewel instead of the Aureolic. I'd be inclined to lean into Enchant's "moar-AR!" benefit, rather than have my kills trickle mana back into the Energy Shield. But that's an arbitrary personal preference. I don't really have a better argument to defend that choice.

Good point. I might do that, but I've been distracted with other characters recently, so I have time to mull it over.

It doesn't happen very often, but occasionally in Hell difficulty I encounter a boss monster cluster of Foul Crow Nest "trees" -- a unique tree with a few "minion" trees close by, all continuously spewing forth sqaudrons of enemy birds.

Question: is it possible for a unique Foul Crow Nest to spawn with the "Teleportation" ability? If so, have you ever seen one of these trees uproot itself after taking some damage, instantly re-planting itself somewhere else? I think such a skirmish would be an odd but interesting challenge.
I didn't reply earlier because I don't know much about this, but here's what little I know. The reason that the bird trees can rarely spawn as elite/champion is that that monster type is not supposed to spawn as elite/champ, but the game gives up after 7 (8?) picks. So, when the game tries to spawn an elite/champ pack, it rolls for the enemy type from the list of what that area has available and if the first pick lands on trees, it goes nope and repicks. If this keeps happening, then on the 8th try, if it picks trees again, it gives up and spawns the elite/champ trees.

As far as I know, the modifiers are a totally separate decision, so in Hell difficulty, it should be possible. On the other hand, I don't know how the modifiers are chosen, to there may be a separate reason that teleport won't be chosen.

I've seen the elite/champ trees maybe two or three times, but that's when questing only as I don't think I run any areas that have those trees. It might be worthwhile to start a thread asking people to run those areas when they're terrorized: more eyes, more chances to find it. Hey, maybe a tournament that focuses on those areas? First one to screenshot a teleporting tree wins?

Reactions: Swamigoon
I was always told not to do that before as it can cause problems. I don’t have specifics, but I seem to recall the character name is also stored in the file. It may be just folklore though.

Hey guys, i do hav a question regarding that terrorzone stuff. I didn't play for quite a while and now wanna go on a bit but im unsure whats the best way to do that terrorzones expwise, like just do bosspacks and minions, if its an area with a cave, just do the cave or kill high density in general etc.
Is there any general advice or maybe even a dedicated thread for like every single terrorzone which i didnt see?
Ty

@Bewitch I think that the answer to your question depends on several things. The real question is why do you want to run a TZ area? For the experience or the chance to drop good items. Check out this TZ calendar that shows when each of the terror zones will occur on a given day. All of the TZ grant more experience than running that area in Hell. However some zones are better than others. I don't even bother running Tristram.

Because I'm trying to get a character to level 99 many of the areas I will run the full area to gain the most experience. However, there are three zones where I only do part of the zone because the chance to drop high level items. I don't run all of the catacombs I start at the last waypoint and focus on getting and killing Andariel. Similarly, I just run the Council in Travincal and when the Durance is a TZ I go from the waypoint as fast as I can to get to Meph and the other council members.

Given that the level of the monsters is dependant on your character's level it means Andy and Meph can be level 99 monsters and drop everything in the game.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High