Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

@BBS_Agonistes I answer to your message here since it might me a more appropriate thread

Your comment picked my interest, and since I had my first terrorized cows this morning I made some testing and came to a different conclusion for cows

My setup before was more MF-oriented (using cham'ed shako and dual nagel in particular), and skill-wise I was using fade for resists, and the most damaging possible setup : fully-charged FoF, CoT, BoI, Tiger strike and PS charged with fire or lightning depending on the area

For cows I switched to the following : switched shako for faceted griffons, and nagels for raven frost + 10 fcr ring

I switched fade to BoS : then I can come back from Tristram to town, go to Akara, open cow portal and kill the first cows without loosing charges, + i reach a better ias breakpoint
Since I have a 10 fcr crafted amu, I can reach the 65 fcr breakpoint on main weapon, which is already faster than a javazon with 99 fcr, and I could even aim at 102 fcr on swap if i either used a 15 fcr amu or an extra 10 fcr ring. I did not try because I dont have the amu and cannot remove raven frost since i dont have a cham'ed griffon yet.

For the charges, I use PS with two charges of course to go for lighning damage, and the main difference here is that i dont use fist of fire because it converts all the physical damage to fire (if i understood well), making life leech and mana leech non existent. So instead I can use Cobra Strike and get insane life leech and mana leech.

With 3k+ life, Weapon block and Cobra Strike, fade seems to become unncessary. I have around 20- 40 to all res with my current setup and did not come even close to dying at p/8 terrorized cows. Of course i did a 1hour test only, so it needs to be confirmed on the long run.

With that setup it looks like I can run cows significantly faster that my javazon. I did not time my runs so I can not be more precise and it needs more testing of course
I personnaly did not have problems for picking stuff : I usually keep 2 full columns in my stash + cube so I have enough space to just pick everything I find and identify at the beginning of the next run. Of course it's space that could be used for more skillers, but this assassin really does not need the extra damage.
The 15s delay gives me enough time to manage picking items. Also It seems that herding is not necesary so item cluttering is not as problematic as for a javazon

So in the end my conclusion is that this build deserves some further testing on the cows level but my intuition is that it might actually beat the javazon. At least I found that the runs are more comfortable than with the javazon : no herding, faster teleport and no mana issue + you can kill easily the immuned bosses including the cow king
Very good points! Mine certainly wasn’t optimized for Cows and I could have ditched some skillers and still cleared it quickly leaving room for quicker pickup of loot.

Hey there guys, I have a question about setting of the game.

When I play actively, the game runs nice and just sometimes when there is a lot of stuff going on on the screen it stresses out the GPU, that's normal and fine.

However when I am on the char select screen or alt tab leaving the game running even in town or something, the GPU goes to 100% and the fans screams at me. It's not something that would hurt the PC but it is very annoying.

Is there any settings in the game or say -command for launcher, that would make the game "inactive" when tabbed out, so it doesn't stress out the hardware?

Not sure if this will help, but iirc D2R tries to max out on fps for some people and the recommended solution was to cap the framerate to smth reasonable.

@Oblivious mentioned this in the previous page.
If you are able to maintain good temps with an uncapped FPS, you should leave it uncapped as any form of FPS capping will mean longer load times. I have no idea why this is, but it's true. In fact, framerates have a direct correlation to load times and it's testable. Given the same hardware, higher framerates = faster loads, and lower framerates = slower loads

You can test this by moving the FPS cap slider all the way to the left (capping your max FPS at 8 frames per second). Then try loading into a game. The loads are extremely long. Increase the cap a bit, and your load time will decrease proportionally. Uncapping your FPS and disabling vsync will produce the fastest load times unconditionally.

Over 100 fps, increases become marginal, but still noticeable for people who are obsessed with keeping run times low.

But there's more than that. If you analyze your FPS on the load screen specifically, you'll notice that when loading into a game your FPS will jump up by hundreds. If you cap your FPS, then it obviously won't, but the thing is, this huge jump in FPS is exactly why you want FPS uncapped, because it does mean faster loads.

But yeah, if your computer is screaming then this isn't viable. I'm happy that my computer is not screaming at me because as I stare at the load screen I feel a rage welling inside of me and my eyes start bleeding.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gynli
Running Andy in LoD. Paranoia struck. How do I check she is bugged?

I actually do use capped framerate at 60 FPS all the time, because I have 4k60hz monitor and not that strong of a gpu (3060ti) so that is unfortunately not the solution to the "uncapped FPS when inactive" but still thanks for the suggestions.

so that is unfortunately not the solution to the "uncapped FPS when inactive" but still thanks for the suggestions.
I wish d2r had this option, lots of games do nowadays.

One option you have is to use AHK in conjunction with RTSS and set up a hotkey that will change the FPS limit. You can find examples online. The ones I found aren't automatic, but it should be able to be automatic since I've used scripts that do things based on whether or not a window was active before. Just search "limiting framerates with AHK"

Ps5 HC. Nm ancients pkd my CL sorc. Dude just leaped up and Humph!

Luckily I have a trapsin and nado Druid also in nm. Nado is quite powerful.

• Sad
Reactions: Swamigoon
I encountered another bug yesterday: Quest Radament was absent from the act 2 sewers.

Happened to me in Nightmare difficulty. Fixed by rerolling the map, via the customary procedure:
  • Save & Exit, start a new game in Normal difficulty, Save & Exit, and start another new game in Nightmare difficulty.
I play D2 LoD 1.14b. I didn't notice this bug documented here yet. One of the references below suggests the problem still exists in D2R. I imagine this must be a very difficult bug to reproduce.

References:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/radament-not-spawning-act-2-radaments-lair-quest/15557
2021: Radament Not Spawning - Act 2 Radament's Lair Quest - Bug Report

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/37...tion/answers/48558-how-to-fix-radament-glitch
2010: How to fix radament glitch? - Diablo II: Lord of Destruction Q&A for PC

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/qwmakr/radament_not_spawning/
2021: Radament not spawning : r/Diablo - Reddit

(I also added this as a comment to @art_vandelay's Gamebreaking Bugs guide in the SPF archive.)

So I was questing through hell with my blade fury HC sin and I've found this cute little shield.

Would you say it's possibly useful for anything though this being in hardcore after all? 40+ all res shields is where it is normally, but I find this too cute to throw out, so trying to figure out a usecase for it.

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky (4).png
    Snímek obrazovky (4).png
    814.1 KB · Views: 19
I think %ed on paladin shield isn't that useful because paladins get lots of off-weapon %ed already and 43% isn't a really high roll (max is 65% or so). Also, you would need a Larzuk reward to socket it, so a non-superior one would be better, as you can apply the socketing recipe on it. I would toss it.

Ah damn :( Well it is 45% and I kinda thought it was the max ED. I was planning on larzuking it as LL pala twinking shield, getting some lvl 6 min dmg jewel but I guess not. Thanks.

I encountered another bug yesterday: Quest Radament was absent from the act 2 sewers.

Happened to me in Nightmare difficulty. Fixed by rerolling the map, via the customary procedure:
  • Save & Exit, start a new game in Normal difficulty, Save & Exit, and start another new game in Nightmare difficulty.
I play D2 LoD 1.14b. I didn't notice this bug documented here yet. One of the references below suggests the problem still exists in D2R. I imagine this must be a very difficult bug to reproduce.

References:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/radament-not-spawning-act-2-radaments-lair-quest/15557
2021: Radament Not Spawning - Act 2 Radament's Lair Quest - Bug Report

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/37...tion/answers/48558-how-to-fix-radament-glitch
2010: How to fix radament glitch? - Diablo II: Lord of Destruction Q&A for PC

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/qwmakr/radament_not_spawning/
2021: Radament not spawning : r/Diablo - Reddit

(I also added this as a comment to @art_vandelay's Gamebreaking Bugs guide in the SPF archive.)
I can confirm the bug in fact does exist in D2R as I experienced it yesterday in Hell. Only the sparkly chest without Radament and map fully explored. Even restarting and reclearing didn't solve the issue. Only fix was rerolling via changing game difficulty.
Something quite similar happened to me in D2R with the Superunique Creeping Feature a while ago last year. My summoner druid leveled to lvl 90 exclusively doing Stony Tomb Runs and he was never there.

Reactions: Swamigoon
I know people must have tried a lot by now: How good are TZs for MF? If good, what build or builds would you think of as generic TZ runners?

I'm hoping that they are at least good because the idea of hitting a rotating series of target areas rather than the same ones over and over sounds like fun.

Reactions: coju
Frankly, some areas are better than others. I think the worst is Tristram. Everyone is raving about Andy as her class goes from 75 to 99 depending on your level which means she can drop anything. However, even the Blood Moor can drop nice items (BKWB this week) and also bases. ARGH my wolfbarb is running with 122% MF and in the two weeks it took me to go from 96 to 97 he found the following

2 Highlord's Wrath
2 Gargoyle's Bite
Wizard Spike
M'avina's True Sight
IK Soul Cage
Azurewrath

Also, Duriel dropped a Cham rune when according to the calculators Ber is the highest he can drop.

Reactions: coju
So oskill and class only skills on items, how do they work together.

In this thread @maxicek mentioned that with Passion in a scepter with +zeal staffmod the skills are added together and work on a non paladin character https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/d2r-zeal-barb.195168/

Did not want to steal that thread so asking here. What is the mechanic here? Does the oskill and class specific skill need to be on the same item so the oskill and class skill are added together and work on a not same class as skill character?

Or would something like 2-piece Trangs oskill fireball get extra points from a fireball ormus robes?

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
I don't know what kind of magic the owners had to do to merge the old forum's database but that's real impressive

how have things been around these parts? it looks a bit quieter than I expected; did D2R divide the playerbase at some point?

@SirName oskills benefit from +All, +fire skills and +specific skill. Yes the FB Ormus does work. I once made a Fireball Templar, but gave up in A1 because the damage was terrible. But now we have Flickering Flame, maybe it is worth another try.

@Lemstar Most people seem to be playing D2R now. We had a lot of people returning for D2R but that seems to have died down a bit.

Reactions: SirName
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High