GoMule for D2 Resurrected

The druid has Khalim's Will and the cube but in Act-1. He also has a sword, helm and body armor with envy jewels. I moved Khalim's Will from stash to him. This is totally duable with D2-LoD so it should not be an issue with D2R but one never can tell with Blizz, when they fiddle with so many things. D2s attached.

Attachments

• UT_Volcanic.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 2
The problem was the Cairn Stones Item. Once I dropped it I was able to open it in GoMule. Looks like that item doesn't have a valid type.

Here's the Java error

Error: Cannot invoke "randall.d2files.D2TxtFileItemProperties.get(String)" because "this.iItemType" is null (null, null)

Once you have that item out of your inventory, GoMule should work as expected for you. I'm sure this was never tested, since almost everybody probably opens the tristrim portal after getting the scroll.

UT.png

Last edited:
Many thanks. Once I loaded into the game and opened portal to Tristram the quest item was consumed and removed from my stash. I tried using a restore point to undo the Windows update but it didn't have any effect on GoMule's trippy redraw issue.

Yeah, the glitchy graphics is weird. What version of Java are you running? I have Java 8 Update 361 (64-bit). I ca see the version in the windows Add or Remove programs list.

I've had the redraw problem in GoMule as well. I've always been on Windows 10, and the problem has persisted across different versions of GoMule and Java. I've just been working around it. (I mostly use in game mules so it hasn't annoyed me too much.) Usually minimizing/maximizing the windows will temporarily fix things. I googled the problem back when I first installed GoMule and found some older stuff with people having similar issues with multiple Java apps, but never any solutions or ideas. (I never posted here as it looked like it wasn't a GoMule specific issue, but something with Java.)

Yeah, the glitchy graphics is weird. What version of Java are you running? I have Java 8 Update 361 (64-bit). I ca see the version in the windows Add or Remove programs list.
I have Java version = version 8 update 361 64-bit (build 1.8.0_361-b09).

I've had the redraw problem in GoMule as well. I've always been on Windows 10, and the problem has persisted across different versions of GoMule and Java. I've just been working around it. (I mostly use in game mules so it hasn't annoyed me too much.) Usually minimizing/maximizing the windows will temporarily fix things. I googled the problem back when I first installed GoMule and found some older stuff with people having similar issues with multiple Java apps, but never any solutions or ideas. (I never posted here as it looked like it wasn't a GoMule specific issue, but something with Java.)
This is strange because I've never had this issue until the most recent Windows update. I'm on Win 10 at the moment.

Guys,

I just had an idea. What anti-virus software are you using? I'm using McAfee Live Safe. About 7-10 years ago Firefox changed their browser and the APIs. The API changes were published and they (Mozilla) claimed that they notified all plug-in and extension makers of the API changes. Unfortunately, the old version of McAfee at the time wasn't updated properly. So, the McAfee browser security extension component caused the browser tab labels to redraw, at random, with random foreign language characters. This made the tabs unreadable. After contacting Mozilla and McAfee, McAfee released an update that made their product compliant with Firefox and the problem was resolved. The glitchy GoMule UI drawing seems similar to the issue I encountered with Firefox and McAfee in the past.

It's going to end up being some really random configuration thing that just doesn't hit many people. (As I said, when I first googled a year+ ago, I only found a couple of cases of the issue with Java apps that were already a couple years old with no solutions.) I've got so little experience with Windows that I was pretty much at a loss at that point.

I'm just using the built in Windows anti-virus. It's also not something related to the latest update, as I've been having the issue since D2R released which has put me through several Windows updates. My PC is pretty stock when it comes to what I've got on in. It's got the crap that Dell/Alienware installed on it, Logitech software/drivers, and a bunch of Blizzard games. (And obviously Java — which is fully updated — and goMule.)

Hey guys - Quick appreciation post, I wouldn't be playing D2R without GoMule. Thanks for the ongoing support.

Now, a request. Previous versions of GoMule use to open up in the last remembered state (so if you resized your window, or opened in maximized, it would remember that setting between uses). The current GoMule for D2R 2.6 v4.4.17 always opens in a very small window, and there's no trick I can figure out to open it into a bigger window. I'll list what I have tried-

-Right clicking the title of the application when it is open and trying to use the Size and Maximize buttons
-Open the properties and changed 'Run' to 'Maximized'
-Manually changing size/maximize buttons while app is open

I'm not familiar with Java software, so apologies if this is a silly question. The solution would save me a click every time I open the software. (which is a lot lol) Cheers ♥

*Edit using Windows 10 for reference

Reactions: DarkMaster
Hey guys - Quick appreciation post, I wouldn't be playing D2R without GoMule. Thanks for the ongoing support.

Now, a request. Previous versions of GoMule use to open up in the last remembered state (so if you resized your window, or opened in maximized, it would remember that setting between uses). The current GoMule for D2R 2.6 v4.4.17 always opens in a very small window, and there's no trick I can figure out to open it into a bigger window. I'll list what I have tried-

-Right clicking the title of the application when it is open and trying to use the Size and Maximize buttons
-Open the properties and changed 'Run' to 'Maximized'
-Manually changing size/maximize buttons while app is open

I'm not familiar with Java software, so apologies if this is a silly question. The solution would save me a click every time I open the software. (which is a lot lol) Cheers ♥

*Edit using Windows 10 for reference

By default, GoMule sets the size to 1024x768. This can be changed, if you include this line in the D2FileManager.java

setExtendedState(getExtendedState() | this.MAXIMIZED_BOTH);

But it would require you to rebuild it. Probably a good change I think.

Reactions: Tommy220
Apparently D2R Season 4 starts on May 4th.

What is the GoMule community thoughts on will the patch/new season break 2.6 GoMule? I'm a bit anxious 🫠

Apparently D2R Season 4 starts on May 4th.

What is the GoMule community thoughts on will the patch/new season break 2.6 GoMule? I'm a bit anxious 🫠
I think it'll be quite unlikely given that 2.6 didn't quite "break" GoMule and season 4 will only have a "small patch". Seems very doubtful there will be any changes to the save or item format that would break GoMule.

I was directed here, to try and resolve my GoMule issue.

A year ago I was playing and using the updated version for D2R. Installed a new SSD drive to boot up my PC and forgot to backup my characters, but still have my stash. GoMule doesn't seem to be launching, I tried the .jar file, can't find any other would be executables. Reinstalled JAVA, hoping that would help, but it's not.

I tried the .jar file, can't find any other would be executables. Reinstalled JAVA, hoping that would help, but it's not.
To my understanding, the Jar files remains a white icon and doesn't automatically open when you double click it, right?
In that case, have you tried doing it manually? Right click on it > Open With > Java

gomule.jpg

Reactions: McGruber08
To my understanding, the Jar files remains a white icon and doesn't automatically open when you double click it, right?
In that case, have you tried doing it manually? Right click on it > Open With > Java

View attachment 86661
Yes, it brings up a list, but Java is not coming up in the list and when I search for it I can't find an executable Java file. Maybe that is the problem.
I will try and re-install Java again and see if I can open up it this way. Then update. Thanks

It's weird, but I install Java and there is no executable file in the folder. Something is off. A friend coming by to look at it, hopefully by weekend.

I've used a program that fixed Java's problem with jar files.

GoMule is now running, but my year old .d2x files are saying not connected or just giving a file readout. Trying different versions.
Hoping to solve this tomorrow, if anyone knows.

I've managed to get some of my .d2x files open, but my main one comes up "stash version incorrect" or disconnected.

Last edited:
Do you have any quest item loaded in that char?
possibly. One of the errors that gave a file readout said "standard of heroes" on the top. I'm wondering if since these file are 1 year old, if they will only work with a certain version or something.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High