GoMule for D2 Resurrected

Oh damn...

I had mine on a combined charms/jewels/runes stash, holding Cham, Jah, Sur, two Vex and a dozen Ist runes, but after having moved the sunder charms in a separate stash, the other stash is OK. Phew!

Perhaps that's just an issue with the new GoMule or with Bulwark togther with sunder charms. I'm still using GoMule for 2.5. In general, it might be best not to use GoMule for sunder charms and new runewords for now, but to keep them on a mule.
I only have 3 and there still in the shared stash. This might be why the all won't open. I'll try moving them to a mule to see what happens.....

Edit: nope, "all" still won't open. It's not a big hassle, though. I keep nearly everything in one huge stash. In old GoMule, I had a few dozen individual stashes sorted by item type. Now that new GoMule has a better filter tool, one huge stash is okay, for me anyway.

Last edited:
I had a couple of sunder charms in the shared stash as well and GoMule could open it and handle them. As said, I'm still using GoMule for 2.5.

Hey all, thanks for your patience and your help tracking down some of these issues! Really appreciate the stashes you send me over to help track down the problems. New release is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/go...MuleR4.4.17-BETA_Resurrected_2.6.zip/download

- New runewords should now be present in stashes and not break stashes
- Added some quest items to Flavie
- Added extra logging so it shows you exactly what the problematic item is if we run into the same failure to open stash problem

Some things that aren't fixed:
- New unique charms will be missing their proper names
- There may be other name related issues (please tell me about them)
- I note there's still lots of things missing from Flavie (if anyone wants to put together a list of item names that are missing like the new runewords etc that would be unbelievable, but I will get to them eventually)

As always let me know how it works out! Hope it fixes everything for you! These 'corrupted stashes' - don't sweat it too much, they should be actually corrupted, it's just GoMule doesn't understand how to read them even though it knows how to write them :)

The root cause here is that D2 stores its human readable names for stuff in a set of files so that you can do translations, so for example the underlying game file might have 'runeword17' and when you look that up it'll be 'Bulwark' or whatever in English and something else in Korean etc etc. With D2R, they moved to a new way of storing these names which I need to update to - so far I'd been sort of lucky in that they hadn't added anything new to D2R that wasn't already present in legacy D2. Now with these new runewords, etc we're seeing things that can't be found in the old files coming through.

I'll get a longer term fix together, but right now I just want to unblock you all to be able to use GoMule again as soon as possible, even if that means some ugly looking names on things.

Glad to see this recent update wasn't a clusterfuck to deal with vs last time! Much appreciated, as always, Silo

Does anyone know where the bank lives? 2.6 installed easy this time and without the manual transfer I didn't empty out the gold in there. Is there any easy way to move it across?

Whew man.. came back to some D2R after a year and a half and 3 patches and just finished transferring all my stuff. What a PITA!

Thanks to all you peeps who replied here with explanations on how to go about it and especially to @silospen again for maintaining GoMule and providing that empty sharedstashtab. I used the first one provided and it worked just fine to transfer stuff from the first iteration of GoMule for D2R up to the most recent patch/version.

Guys I need a little guidance.

I took a break from D2R back in 2.4. I vaguely remember going through a long process of upgrading/moving my items from a version prior to 2.4 into 2.4 stashes. I downloaded GoMule v2.6 and copied my 2.4 projects folder into the v2.6 folder path. I get stash version incorrect errors. How do I got about moving to my stuff to 2.6? As of right now I have a full back up of the D2R save games folder and my 2.4 stashes of course. Thanks in advance.

@gtpoestorage1 Yep, you need to do it again, it got broken 2.4 to 2.5.

Good news is 2.5 to 2.6 required no stash updates, just the latest GoMule version.

I downloaded GoMule v2.6 and copied my 2.4 projects folder into the v2.6 folder path. I get stash version incorrect errors.
It's the Clipboard.d2x under every project subfolder. It's basically just one ATMA stash. If it is 11 bytes length it's empty and it can be deleted so the new GoMule won't complain about it.

m4ke

I've been working on getting GoMule working with D2R classic. I found that sometimes the characters get corrupted, and sometimes it doesn't. I have traced it down to certain quest items. Specifically, in my case, Kahlim's eye. Probably more but that is one that definitely breaks my character.

Below is my findings. I have an act 3 character with only 1 item. Kahlim's eye. Below is the diff of my character
user@DESKTOP-UTRVL48~/tmp$ diff dumpOneAndy.txt dumpBrokenOneAndy.txt 1c1 < 00000000: 55aa 55aa 6300 0000 6203 0000 9f7c 7d04 U.U.c...b....|}. --- > 00000000: 55aa 55aa 6300 0000 6203 0000 4f73 7d04 U.U.c...b...Os}. 54c54 < 00000350: 4a4d 0100 1000 a000 0400 6473 4015 4a4d [email protected] --- > 00000350: 4a4d 0100 1000 a000 0400 6473 0000 4a4d JM........ds..JM
As you can see, the 2 bytes at offset x35C are 0000 when it should be 4015. I have decoded it, and here is the decoding

Item in hex 1000 a000 0400 6473 4015 Item in binary offset binary 00000 00010000 00000000 10100000 00000000 00032 00000100 00000000 01100100 01110011 00064 01000000 00010101 Flag 5 - Identified Flag 22 - simple item Flag 24 - on bits are base 0 32-34 - skip 35-37 - location 0 38-41 - body position 0 42-45 - col 0 46-49 - row 0 50-52 - Panel 1 huffman table 11011001 110000 0001010 10 1 000 q e y space guid, skip 3 bits

So manually decoding it works perfectly. I haven't been able to trace down in GoMule code to find out why it breaks specifically.

Reactions: ouflak
Ok, that was easy. Mercs don't have items in D2R classic. The Merc item count was overwriting the last item in the JM item section. Once I disabled the Merc Item save section it works perfectly.

I'll probably fork GoMule unless @silospen wants to add classic support.

Last edited:
Reactions: ouflak and Rush
Guys I'm running into 2 issues with GoMule for D2R 2.6. After this Tuesday's Windows update (4/11/2023). I tried using GoMule. When attempting to use the application there are visual glitches such that parts of the UI are clipped/copied and redrawn erroneously over various parts of the GoMule Window. I was able after some experimentation to get the application to return to normal behavior at least temporarily by dragging stash or character windows around in the app. The erroneous behavior would returned at random the next time I ran the app. I later discovered that when interacting with the filter dialog and the bank transfer dialog it would immediately trigger the glitch. I don't have a permanent fix, which is why I'm bringing it up.

The next issue is that at random one of my char files shows as disconnected. I've access the char file from GoMule multiple times and now it won't access the file. The message tab has a long list of messages. The character is a Druid. I tried removing the clipboard file since it was 11 bytes but that didn't fix the issue. Below are the contents of the Messages tab:
Character disconnected
at gomule.item.D2Item.<init>(D2Item.java:174)
at gomule.d2s.D2Character.readItems(D2Character.java:520)
at gomule.d2s.D2Character.readChar(D2Character.java:249)
at gomule.d2s.D2Character.<init>(D2Character.java:132)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.addItemList(D2FileManager.java:1604)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewChar.connect(D2ViewChar.java:446)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewChar.<init>(D2ViewChar.java:425)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.openChar(D2FileManager.java:1338)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewProject$CharTreeNode.view(D2ViewProject.java:400)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewProject$3.mouseReleased(D2ViewProject.java:126)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Last edited:
I would try re-installing GoMule into a new directory. Those graphical glitches shouldn't occur.

I wish GoMule printed out the exception message, to paint a better picture of what actually went wrong. Something as simple as

lText += pEx.getMessage();

in the exception output would be a big help.

So, I renamed the folder as a backup. I created a new folder and unzipped the GoMule D2R file into the new folder "D2R_2.6_GoMule". I create a new project "D2R_2.6". As soon as I click the add character button, the add character dialog box trips out and then the rest of the UI goes bonkers. I also tried switching the appearance between classic, new light, and new dark. I personally like the new light UI. Nothing stops the UI from tripping over itself. After several closings and reopening I was able to add my characters. The Druid character still shows as disconnected. Unfortunately, I'm not versed in Java development so I'm unable to troubleshoot the issue. I have no idea why that one character shows as disconnected. I can load the char up into the D2R game without any issues. Here is what I have:
* GoMule downloaded file = GoMuleR4.4.17-BETA_Resurrected_2.6.zip
* Java version = version 8 update 361 (build 1.8.0_361-b09)
* OS version = Windows 10_22H2
* OS Build = 19045.2846
* Experience = Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0
* Ryzen 7 5800x
* 32GB RAM
* AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT

The most recent Windows update was this Tuesday, 4/11/2023. The issues started from there. Could this be a problem between Java and Windows? Is there a way to get Silospen involved and get this info. to him?

So, I renamed the folder as a backup. I created a new folder and unzipped the GoMule D2R file into the new folder "D2R_2.6_GoMule". I create a new project "D2R_2.6". As soon as I click the add character button, the add character dialog box trips out and then the rest of the UI goes bonkers. I also tried switching the appearance between classic, new light, and new dark. I personally like the new light UI. Nothing stops the UI from tripping over itself. After several closings and reopening I was able to add my characters. The Druid character still shows as disconnected. Unfortunately, I'm not versed in Java development so I'm unable to troubleshoot the issue. I have no idea why that one character shows as disconnected. I can load the char up into the D2R game without any issues. Here is what I have:
* GoMule downloaded file = GoMuleR4.4.17-BETA_Resurrected_2.6.zip
* Java version = version 8 update 361 (build 1.8.0_361-b09)
* OS version = Windows 10_22H2
* OS Build = 19045.2846
* Experience = Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0
* Ryzen 7 5800x
* 32GB RAM
* AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT

The most recent Windows update was this Tuesday, 4/11/2023. The issues started from there. Could this be a problem between Java and Windows? Is there a way to get Silospen involved and get this info. to him?

I bet it's a single item that is causing the issue. Can you upload or attach the d2s file? I can see if I can figure it out.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High