2022 Spring RFL Sign-Up and Running Thread: Round 1 (Moo Moo Farm)

I'll be joining this but maybe not a full set, first weekend is jam packed with kids soccer, but will try at least some time. HC Druid or HC Java....idk yet in D2R but leaning toward Java.

Please state IF you are running v1.07, 1.08, 1.09, or D2R (or PTR).
-------------------------
Vildecor
Excalibur [D2R]
WoRG [1.07 HC]
ffs
Nano
Babyhell
art_vandelay [1.09b, 1.14d]
D2DC
Swamigoon
Gripphon
Kstil3227 [D2R]

Reactions: PhineasB
Updating to confirm no PTR for RFL entrants. And to say that I look forward to the triple Zod performance by @Gripphon :)

Please state IF you are running v1.07, 1.08, 1.09, or D2R.
Vildecor
Excalibur [D2R]
WoRG [1.07 HC]
ffs
Nano
Babyhell
D2DC
Swamigoon
Gripphon
Kstil3227 [D2R]

• Haha
Reactions: Gripphon
Vildecor
Excalibur [D2R]
WoRG [1.07 HC]
ffs
Nano
Babyhell
D2DC
Swamigoon
Gripphon
Kstil3227 [D2R]
maxicek

Looks like my name got removed somewhere along the line so I'm adding it back. You guys aren't THAT scared, are you? ;)

How about some predictions to keep the hype going as it approaches?

Excited to see a @Nano vs @Gripphon showdown, but I'm not counting out @WoRG with another one of his 1.07 masterpieces.

Vildecor
Excalibur [D2R]
WoRG [1.07 HC]
ffs
Nano
Babyhell
D2DC
Swamigoon
Gripphon
Kstil3227 [D2R]
maxicek
Pb_pal

I will join too, not sure I will finish whole set but 30 min will be possible.
Will run this round in D2R since I moved my java there and finally made her infinity!

Vildecor
Excalibur [D2R]
WoRG [1.07 HC]
ffs
Nano
Babyhell
D2DC
Swamigoon
Gripphon
Kstil3227 [D2R]
maxicek
Pb_pal
Miron [D2R]

Vildecor
Excalibur [D2R]
WoRG [1.07 HC]
ffs
Nano
Babyhell
D2DC
Swamigoon
Gripphon
Kstil3227 [D2R]
maxicek
Pb_pal
Miron [D2R]
nepeta [1.14d]

Reactions: Pb_pal
We start on Friday - what is everyone running with?

I'll probably be running with my LFzon. No Griffon's, so I'll just deal with a slow teleport. I still need to grab a nice eth elite polearm for Infinity, which is what I'll be working on over the next few days when I'm not running tourney characters.

Hmm. I am not a speed runner. I'm much more at the intersection of where brute force meets smelling the roses jiansonz's end of the spectrum. But, I'll give it go! I suppose I could get lucky despite my natural inclinations (y) . I'll be going D2R with my would-be-UT99er Lightning Sorceress ... that I really do intend to start leveling again at some point ... odd that I keep finding side projects that involve anything but ... anyhow ...

Vildecor
Excalibur [D2R]
WoRG [1.07 HC]
ffs
Nano
Babyhell
D2DC
Swamigoon
Gripphon
Kstil3227 [D2R]
maxicek
Pb_pal
Miron [D2R]
nepeta [1.14d]
HanShotFirst [D2R]

Edit:
Fixed it! :D Thanks @Vildecor !

Last edited:
I'm much more at the intersection of where brute force meets smelling the roses.

I'm picturing in my head a spectrum: with Gripphon/ffs/Nagisa etc. levels at one end and jiansonz/Grisu levels at the other.

But yes, in all reality, luck is definitely a major factor in the RFL. I don't push myself very hard to get fast times. Heck, even my Zealot paladin clearing Trav in round 2 last year (taking twice as long per run than a good Blizzsorc) managed to take the top spot due to good rune luck.

Fully optimized Javazon in D2R. Got a nice map which seems to have plenty cows as I need nearly two full Titan's Revenge to clear the whole map.
My farming is quite effective and fast in Players 7, it's all about RNG now...
Show your map please, would like to have some idea as to what I should look for.

Mine, iirc, has 3 cubes in the middle and quite large space in the upper-right side of the map with kings' area in it. Somehow it doesn't feel too efficient...

Show your map please, would like to have some idea as to what I should look for.

Mine, iirc, has 3 cubes in the middle and quite large space in the upper-right side of the map with kings' area in it. Somehow it doesn't feel too efficient...
I consider my map to be good because there are plenty grouped cows through out the map. Other than that, I can't really tell what a good cow map should look like. :/ I will post it once I get a chance. I may do a quick video too.

Reactions: Miron
Sounds fun, I'm in! 20 hours for the first round will be tough so I'll have to depend on my luck. Cows I'll probably run with my pure javazon, Trav with a WW barb, and areas will either be Chaos w/ Hdin or Pits with poison necro (unless the rules specify otherwise). Basic but efficient.

Vildecor
Excalibur [D2R]
WoRG [1.07 HC]
ffs
Nano
Babyhell
D2DC
Swamigoon
Gripphon
Kstil3227 [D2R]
maxicek
Pb_pal
Miron [D2R]
nepeta [1.14d]
HanShotFirst [D2R]
Silvio415 [1.14d]

Not sure what I'll do for cows playing 1.14 and my merc killed the KingWill have to see if I have anything that can open to portal and actually run cows.. May have to respec a character or break down and get D2R loaded

For rounds 2 and 3 it will be my Death wielding Pally.

Vildecor
Excalibur [D2R]
WoRG [1.07 HC]
ffs
Nano
Babyhell
D2DC
Swamigoon
Gripphon
Kstil3227 [D2R]