1.08 News, Info and Gossip

i wonder is that mf real, and if so could you get closer to MF breakpoints by using merc this way. also, did you try taking the armor off and putting it back on?

It shows 106% with my new merc too (in game and ATMA). It must came from my Sorc's level for some reason.

m4ke

So sets and class-specific rares can be 'cheesed'.Bosses still have the wrong TCs attached though
So I went to cheese something ! I packed exactly 377MF on my Sorc to score..something.

@art_vandelay Can you explain these drops with some MF formula?

01_377MF_Some_Drops.png
More bugs found !! You cannot assign a key to LR Wand on switch. Or you can but it's gone when you S/E.. And my bulbs looked like this after two Meph's snowballs while I was confused about that LR (Wizzy as main weapon for resists). First ball ate my mana and second took life away. Luckily it's something like ES hybrid build. Didn't die once and gained some XP.

Next I pack 418MF and do more testing in hope of more gold. 418 because that's the max (with my charms) She can carry with some safety from Gerke's.

Firewall works ok with Meph. He dies to fourth - fifth wall if he moves only horizontally.

And merc is dead when hit with a snowball !

m4ke

@m4ke What do you mean? Those drops seem to be in line with my table, you get a lot of sets but not everything is set quality because you don't hit any of the breakpoints for regular items yet.

I still have your program for the MF breakpoints in 1.07, maybe you could make a copy for 1.08 to compare with my numbers? There's of course always a chance I made a mistake.

The thing with charges is that the hotkeys are hard to keep. However I found that it helps if you don't S&E with the charges on main.

Attachments

• itemratio107.txt
    527 bytes · Views: 5
  • itemratio108.txt
    525 bytes · Views: 4
The thing with charges is that the hotkeys are hard to keep. However I found that it helps if you don't S&E with the charges on main.
I did following: First cast ES then 'W', 'S', 'Z' on LR ('Z' assigned as skill key) WP to DoH2, Tele slowly to Meph and hit 'Z' nearby and cast when in sightt. Then quickly 'W' for Res and Gerke's and lure him to be burned. It was a routine after few times.

m4ke

Reactions: art_vandelay
Maybe it's the way it is because 1.07 was buggy too in that regard, my merc leveled always in the same eldritch shenk run up as myself, like 2 or 3 monsters and level up.

Maybe they tried to fix that with 1.08

I'm working again with my merc. It's so slow.. But he will get to 81 sooner or later and I'll give him the Grandfather. I'll socket it but is it Shae or Eth? Or something else?

m4ke

I checked the Act Boss numbers and they agree.

I made a new version of my MF Caps program. Here. It is a small Java program which shows now MF Caps for both 1.07 and 1.08. It also includes the mlvl-qlvl calculation if selected.
01_Proggy.png

Code:
java(w) -jar Diablo2_107_108_mf_caps.jar
On Windows you can doubleclick the jar or create a shortcut to it.

m4ke

Last edited:
Only the final adjustment (mlvl & qlvl) is a bonus compared to tables like @art_vandelay 's.

I started to level my merc in MP games. P2 ATM, can do P3 atleast. For XP and on-the-fly rune crafting.

Now where the heck is the racks area in this HoP map layout??? I know only 2 maps of HoP ATM =)
Screenshot001.jpg

m4ke

ATMA gave me this:
01_corrupted!.png
She had 3 first Crafts in stash. And gems and normal stuff.
Code:
Blood Gloves:
Havoc Fist
Heavy Gloves
Defense: 9
Durability: 7 of 14
Required Level: 78
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x7a9d9da0
+3 to Strength
+18 to Life
+20% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +30%
Lightning Resist +30%
1% Life stolen per hit
5% Chance of Crushing Blow

Blood Hat:
Bramble Casque
Great Helm
Defense: 30
Durability: 40 of 40
Required Strength: 63
Required Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0x44efabcc
+2 to Energy
+16 to Life
Poison Resist +15%
4% Life stolen per hit
10% Deadly Strike
10% Chance to cast Level 3 Nova when struck
Repairs 1 durability in 33 seconds

Caster Boots:
Hailstone Greaves
Boots
Defense: 4
Durability: 9 of 12
Required Level: 54
Fingerprint: 0x26d16ec7
Some of those caused the alert. I backed up and loaded. No probrems.

m4ke

Edit: !! Now I can see it. Caster Boots are corrupted ! ATMA is still opening the stash and shows just that ^

I wish I could remember.. I went to a game to see the crafts after ATMA's alert but there were nothing special in them that makes me to remember. Next time I take shots of everything if ATMA says that way.

m4ke

@m4ke Have you ever forwarded ethereal armor from 1.08 to 1.09+? Does it retain the +50% enhanced defense AND also get the new ethereal bonus?

Paladin Shields have their modern defense in 1.08 so it should be possible to rack ethereal Paladin Shields with +50% enhanced def, get the modern eth upon forwarding and then get it once more upon eth-bugging the shield. Assuming the armor gets the new bonus as well as keeping the old.

I have forwarded some eth AP's from 1.07 and(? it's the same, right?) 1.08. They have def 787 in 1.07/8 and I found one Treachery from my stash which has been socketed when found. It has the same 787 =/ Others have the cube bug and have def 1180. So no double bonus.

Exile coming? I have been thinking it too.

m4ke

Ok thanks! Archon Plate has 524 maximum defense and so in 1.07/1.08 an eth AP will have [(524+1)*1,5]=787 defense. So it seems you only got the eth bonus in modern when you eth bugged it.

I guess that means they're not the best possible shields for Exile :(

At least the fact that shields have proper defense and blocking in 1.08 means that a Sacred Targe rack is valuable there for Pala shield bases other than Exile.

Could you explain this? Do I get more def for Eth shields found somewhere else?
The ethereal bonuses of 1.09+ are multiplicative with +% enhanced defense and with each other. So:
  • 1.09+ eth: total def = [[base*1,5]*(1+ED/100)]
  • 1.09+ eth-bugged: total def = [[[base*1,5]*1,5]*(1+ED/100)]
  • 1.07-1.08 forwarded to 1.09+: total def = [base*(1+(50+ED)/100)]
  • 1.07-1.08 eth-bugged in 1.11+: total def = [[base*1,5]*(1+(50+ED)/100)]
So ignoring the rounding for Exile with +250% ED:
  • 1.09+ eth: total def = base*1,5*3,5 = base*5,25
  • 1.09+ eth-bugged: total def = base*2,25*3,5 = base*7,875
  • 1.07-1.08 forwarded to 1.09+: total def = base*4
  • 1.07-1.08 eth-bugged in 1.11+: total def = base*1,5*4 = base*6
Meaning that 1.09+ eth-bugged bases offer the highest defense, same thing for Fortitude.

Congratulations on the Sacred Targe rack ;)

Ok, Thanks. I knew it but I was thinking something weird =)

I made a Gloom (eth 1.07 AP) for my merc in 1.10a. It shows in game +298% enhanced defence. So 248 from Gloom roll is added to 50 eth bonus and it is not multiplied. Total def is 2089.

I checked this because Treachery is not a good example with no +ED at all.

Or am I thinking something weird again..

m4ke

Edit: How can it be just 2089? I need some coffee..
Edit2: Or is 1.10 even more different?

Last edited:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High