1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

I don't know if it was different for 1.07, but this is what Arreat Summit says about Spectral Hit and Mana Burn:
Spectral Hit:
Bonuses are applied individually in the following order if Resist <75%:
Cold Resist:+40%
Fire Resist:+40%
Lightning Resist:+40%
Pick from Magic, Fire, Lightning, Cold and Poison and do:
Element Minimum Hit:+66% damage
Element Maximum Hit:+100% damage
Cold or Poison Length is 1.6 seconds

• Mana Burn:
    Mana Minimum Damage:+66% damage
    Mana Maximum Damage:+100% damage
    Magic Resist:+20%
  • In Nightmare and Hell, Minions gain +33-50% Mana Damage.
  • Difficulty level penalties to Resist % apply, so mana damage is 40% higher in Nightmare and 100% higher in Hell.
  • Due to a bug, mana damage is multiplied by 256 when applied by a melee attack.

Sadly AS is not very reliable, according to the basin wiki the Spectral Hit gives +20%, not 40%:

Fruit already did some testing on the modifiers in 1.07 but nothing that could shed light on the poison resistance of Ancient Kaa. One fun fact is that Magic Resistant will try to apply +75% to Cold, Fire and Lightning instead of 40% as in modern.

The fruit post I'm refering to is the first quote of this post:
It doesn't say anything about poison resists though.

Spectral Hit does give elemental resistances, but it's not the cause here, since he's poison immune without it too.

Quick Q: Is it possible to find Demon Machine in 1.07?

Edit: nevermind, I just noticed Chu-Ko-Nu is Exceptional rather than Elite, so it should be able to drop. I'll see you in the trade forum if you have one for me. ;)

Last edited:
I don't have one, but it's enabled in 1.07. In the files it has Pierce set to 1 which in 1.07 means you only get lvl 1 Pierce if you wear it. See this post by GalaXyHaXz:
It doesn't say what happens when you combine it with Razortail (also lvl 1 Pierce) though. :unsure:

I don't think it's level; it is just 1%. From UniqueItems.txt, Ichorstring has Pierce of 50, Pullspite (i guess Stormstrike?) has 10 and Doomspittle (Doomslinger) has 35. Kuko, Demon Machine and Buriza all have 1.

Edit: the above information is highly likely to be incorrect.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, art and Apila! I didn't know that. Very useful info.

I'm planning to use it (socketed with an Eth rune) in 1.09b on a tanky ES Enchantress running Nightmare LK and Travincal for Inertia charms. Pierce would be really nice, so it's a shame to hear that, but it should still be usable since it's mainly about the Exploding Arrow. Increase Maximum Mana 50% is also very cool, so I hope I find one. Maybe I'll find a 1.09 Razortail from the Council!

There is a possibility that I'm wrong, since the changelog of 1.08 clearly states that they used levels instead of percentages in Pierce. Maybe someone got confused in some way; they thought it was a value so a normal unique bow offers a level 50 pierce. I've never used any piercing weapon in 1.07 so I don't know the answer.

Apparently though, they keep the value when bought forward so the 1.07 Machine would still only have 1% Pierce in 1.09.

Edit: the more I read about this matter, the more I suspect it truly is a level, not a value.

Last edited:
Reactions: art_vandelay
I'm going to go ahead and assume it's a level based on the patch notes.

Since I've had this lying around for a while I might as well post it if anyone's interested:
modsovertime.png
These values are taken straight from the MPQs for the respective patches. What they mean:
  • Pierce works as a level in 1.07 and a percentage in 1.08+.
  • The special arrows apply level 1 of the respective arrow in 1.07-1.09 regardless of the level in the uniqueitems.txt (Source) but use the specified level in 1.10a+.
  • Hit Freezes Target is described for 1.09+ here. For 1.07-1.08 HFT it takes the first number divided by 128 to determine chance to freeze and the second number is the freeze length in frames. (Source)
I'd really like to see a Gomule/ATMA readout of a forwarded HFT item from 1.07-1.08.

I meant to forward some items (a MPK ring and a Vex rune) so I tossed a HFT item into the char too, so here's an Axe of Fechmar from 1.07:

Axe of Fechmar
Large Axe
Two Hand Damage: 10 - 23
Durability: 15 of 30
Required Level: 8
Required Strength: 35
Fingerprint: 0x53357aa8
Item Level: 13
Version: Expansion
80% Enhanced Damage
Freezes target +1
Cold Resist +30%
+2 to Light Radius

Seemingly the Freeze goes from +3->+1.

Reactions: art_vandelay
Does anyone happen to know gambling chances in 1.07? I know that sets and uniques cannot be gambled at all, but rares seem to be well, rare, too. Particularly when gambling rings/amulets.

You need to farm them from normal mobs/chests/etc.
Raven Claw can be farmed from Hell Andariel to Hell Baal with 556 MF to guarantee uniques. You can get multiples that way.

My post was probably a bit confusing; i meant that you need to kill enemies to find them or search chests. Not in normal difficulty, or 'normal' enemies (as in no SU's etc.)

Hell Baal sounds dangerous.

Reactions: Kinkara
Does anyone know how 1.07 two weapon whirlwind mechanics works? It seems to only take main weapon damage and ar and leech (and range and ias?) into account. What does off hand weapon affect? Could ax barb use gull dagger in off hand without affecting dps?

The off-hand weapon never hits, instead you hit twice with the main weapon. Off-hand speed does not matter either. Gull is an obvious choice, though there are others as well. Wizzy, Suicide Branch etc.

Reactions: entwilighter
Is there a guide on how to forward items? What occured to me was that I should have all versions installed at the same time and move my mule's files from one folder to the other in order untill reaching 1.14 XD

Make a mule in 1.07 with all the items you want forwarded to 1.14. Move that mule's .sav file to your 1.14 folder. Open your mule in game version 1.14. Save and exit. Mule off on gomule.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High