1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

I can confirm, that a char that has been andybugged in 1.07, carries the questbug to 1.10a/b at least. If the question is still to be answered.

Thanks, that means I can farm Andariel in 1.10a with a lvl 99 char :D (I want to level multiple chars to 99 in 1.07)

Guys does a IK maul WW barb work in 1.07? I happen to have a 38CB one..... I also have a Bul´s small sword but that used on Barbmerc, so would prefer the Maul!

Well I´ve lvled a Barb two 30 with 1.06 Snap in 1.06 and 1.07.....hit WW and realized I can´t sustain! -.-

Thanks, that means I can farm Andariel in 1.10a with a lvl 99 char :D (I want to level multiple chars to 99 in 1.07)

I recently put some effort in optimizing my 1.10a Andariel runs. Did the Beta BKWB Journey Thread make it to this site yet ? :unsure: I can tell, that farming 1.10a Andy with 1.07 stuff only, with dual element sorce on top will be a really tough spot... Creating, leveling and gearing the sorce in 1.09 would be way easier.

I racked a Tal’s Armour, & Shako in 1.07. Found a 2os Grim Shield, Shael & Eth. I think Tal’s belt, magefist and a few other items with MF. Merc had an Eth Kelpie Snare and the ingredients for upping it. Then straight to 1.10a at about level 78 iirc. Sorc was built with 1.10 synergies in mind.

I completed Tal’s set in 1.10a and upgraded the gear as I went. Belt was replaced with 1.10a version. You miss the 10% FCR partial set bonus from the armour, but that isn’t too bad. Make sure you have socket quest free in Hell for when you find the helm.

Finding a good position to teleport to is the key.

Also you are welcome to volunteer to move the thread if it isn’t done already :)

I just started my .07 journey with a sorc. I suppose I should start by reading this entire thread post by post so I know what I'm doing... I love the slow start for some reason haha no mana is a real pain! I was like "yeah, no mana = no problem". I was wrong XD

I just started my .07 journey with a sorc. I suppose I should start by reading this entire thread post by post so I know what I'm doing... I love the slow start for some reason haha no mana is a real pain! I was like "yeah, no mana = no problem". I was wrong XD

Hang in there dude. It starts out pretty rough but it's well worth it. Something that may help you out is crafting a mana per kill ring. In 1.07 you can get insanely high numbers and then you just don't worry about mana anymore. I don't remember how to do it, and I've been searching through the threads and just can't find it, I'm at work. This would be the first thing I would do if I was starting over in 1.07. I remember it's not hard to do.

Keep using static and once you hit frozen orb you're all set 😊

@NorthDakota I found it for you :)

5 - Cobalt Ring (any ring + sapphire [any quality] + thawing potion)
Same as above, but with cold resist. This recipe, however, is bugged in such a way that if the prefix "Triumphant" rolls (on a rare or magic), the cold resist will disappear, and be added to the Triumphant value. The result of this is a ring with 7-37 mana per kill, which is outrageous! Roll these with a level 8 character to also have the suffix "of the Apprentice" available, making for a possible 37MPK 10FCR ring; even better if it rolls rare! Possibly the most broken ring obtainable. Easy to get when rolling with a lvl 8 char, but it gets harder as more affixes are available. Still, when you have 4-5 of them, start using your highest level character for these, for a chance at higher affixes such as prismatic, str, dex, high mana or individual resists.

You decided to go with REJUVs bug? Cause makes the game way more fun imho... and I don´t know anybody who not using it!

I was waiting for someone to write something here so I wouldn't post three times in a row XD

@Tears85 I'm trying as hard as I can to not use it! Playing the game this way it's proving to be a challenge... I've never progressed as slow as I'm doing now XD

Can anyone help me to run multiple instances of the game? I can't find any info anywhere explaining how to do it/set it up. Thanks in advance :D

I don't know if I'm allowed to tell this but there are modded dll's available here and the Trenshadow Version Switcher also included modded files IIRC. So I say.

Make backup of d2gfx.dll. Open d2gfx.dll in any hex editor and seek to offset 445C (hex) and change the byte at that offset from 74 to EB and save.

You have to run Game.exe after that instead of Diablo II.exe.

m4ke

Edit: You can find TVS from this post.

I allrdy wrote Kinkara......u can just use the modded d2gfx.dll_1.07 (or some like that) in tren-shadow 1.07 folder, rename to d2gfx.dll and copy & past! :D

2.3. Multi Instance dll is permitted to run multiple copies of the game.
SPOILER

Special note: This is allowed in the SPF and SPTF only. A vanilla shortcut is NOT enough, you need to replace the .dll if you go on Bnet.

Multi-Instance dlls
SPOILER

All the Trenshadow Version Switcher files also contain multi-instance dlls

Classic 1.00 - Link1 / Link2
Classic 1.06 - Link1 / Link2
LoD 1.13c - Link1 / Link2
LoD 1.13d - Link1 / Link2

The above are direct copy-paste from the arcane corner of the forums the mods use to hide the most closely guarded secrets... the stickies ;)

(Incidentally, I couldn't actually quote them... I assume it's a function of them being locked)

On the grape juice bug, it really isn't necessary once you get a char geared decently... in hell, every unique mob drops 2 full juvs, every champ 1... after awhile you stop leaving those two tucked into a corner of the stash, it just isn't necessary. That said, it is a nasty slog for any untwinked char until gear comes together... and a stronger arguement could be made for hardcore, but if you have already decided on the masochists path in the land of broken ista-gib, that's what you signed up for, right?

EDIT: ninja'd....

Last edited:
Reactions: Albatross
Does anyone know why Ancient Kaa is Poison Immune in Hell? All other Unraveler's are not; and according to monstants.txt they have 50 Poison Resistance.

More curiously, does Extra Strong or perhaps even Mana Burn add extra Poison Resistance? Probably not, as he is not immune to Poison in NM.

Attachments

• Screenshot010.jpg
    Screenshot010.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 18
Not 100% sure on amounts, but I seem to recall Spectral Hit gives some amount of res@... wouldn't have said 50% worth, by a fair bit, but there may be something else I'm not seeing/thinking of.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High