1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

Don't rush in 1.00, your rusher gets stuck in normal.
Also Deseis will often crash the game.

Both issues are fixed at 1.05(?).

also don't make 1.06, there was an issue with this patch too, but can't remember what.

You can circumvent both of these issues completely, see this thread for info:

On an unrelated note I finished my 1.07/1.08 craft tables:
107crafts.png108crafts.png
For 1.09+ the recipes never changed and can be found here compiled by onderduiker:
I took the design of the table from him because it's really compact and easy to read.

Does someone know the affixlevel of Crusader Bows when crafting?

Is it lower than Hydrabow?

Because you could gamble 2 or 3 Crusader bows and craft them, they have lower reqs, but if they don't get the Cruel affix they are trash.

Here's a short comparison:
Nameqlvlalvl at ilvl 99
Grand Matron Bow6788
Crusader Bow7089
Hydra Bow7491
There are no Bow Affixes of lvl 91 and I doubt Cruel has lvl 89 or 90. ;)

You might also want to craft GMBs, WoRG has been doing that for a while. You need to get one via Anya Quest Rewards though which can be tough.

Reactions: d2lover
ilvl will be definitely lower because it's crafting, so 65 is max (except bugged ones with 99 ilvl)

How often does Anya give a GMB/MB, and do I have to level an Amazon to be able to get it, or is it random, I remember Anya gives exceptional weapons on Hell too :/

You can consistently get ilvl 99 crafts, see this post, spoiler 3 onwards:

For a list of Anya rewards in Hell check out this post, spoiler 2:

As far as I can tell it's random which reward is given, so no guarantees.

Reactions: d2lover
Can someone confirm this:

My Java kills the Cowking alone.
Then new game and some other char opens the cowlevel.
There she kills the King too, but all other chars can still open the Cowlevel?

I asked Fruit some questions about 1.07 and got some new info:

1. Eld/Pul Runes

These affect the primary weapon even if they are socketed in the secondary one. So far there was no consensus on the best off-hand socket filller for the Bul-Kathos' Set but this might just be it. Another 75% ED vs. Demons essentially for free. And Pul is easy to obtain via HF rushes.

2. FCR rounding up

GalaXyHaXz claimed that FCR rounded up to 5% if it spawned 4% or less in 1.07. This is blatantly false as anyone with a crafted amulet can tell with ATMA. However this rumour has a basis in reality: In 1.09 an effect exists that rounds up FRW to 5% if it's 4% or less. This is the reason we have 5% FRW SCs from 1.09. They were assigned 3% FRW in the files (like in every patch) but this quirk of 1.09 makes them spawn as 5%. It never was an intended buff, it was merely a mistake.

Has anyone ever forwarded a 1% FCR Amulet or a 3% FRW SC from 1.07 to 1.09? Maybe it updates? I doubt it but it's worth testing.

3. Hit Blinds Target

In 1.07 every item with this property applies lvl 1 Dim Vision with every hit. This is hardcoded, it does not need to be stacked but it also can't be improved.

4. Hit Freezes Target

I had a theory about it and also posted all the values it can take ingame a while back:
Also, these are the parameters passed to the 'freeze' modifier, i.e. Hit Freezes Target, in 1.07-1.08:
ItemParameterMinMax
Axe of Fechmar64750
Iceblink13500
Bing Sz Wang64500
Vidala's Rig Full Set Bonus322525
Cham Rune (1.07)16500
Jo Rune (1.08)32750
My current theory is that Min gives the freeze length in frames while Max is unused (Vidala's would be a typo then!) and that the parameter is some sort of chance given in the format of 'parameter' in 'some power of two'. If the power of two was 64 then Axe of Fechmar should always freeze while Jo Rune (or easier Vidala's full set) should only freeze half the time.

Fruit confirmed that the parameter is a chance, namely you have a 100*parameter/128 % chance to freeze for as many frames as the value in 'Min' says. Another thing that happens with this mod is that the parameter and Min are saved by 'joining' them (they're both bytes) and saving this while discarding the Max value. Fruit isn't convinced but I think this causes the ATMA crash with HFT: The game takes three bytes, joins the first two into a short (= two bytes) and then discards the third. This is written to the save file and when ATMA reads it it expects the 'freeze' modifier to be followed by three bytes of information and THEN the next modifier. Instead it gets the short with the two bytes of info (chance + length) but interprets the next byte (i.e. the next modifier name) as the max value which causes trouble. Don't take this as fact, it's just a theory.

It's still not clear what happens when you forward a HFT item from 1.07/1.08 to 1.09+.

Reactions: pharphis
I asked Fruit some questions about 1.07 and got some new info:

1. Eld/Pul Runes

These affect the primary weapon even if they are socketed in the secondary one. So far there was no consensus on the best off-hand socket filller for the Bul-Kathos' Set but this might just be it. Another 75% ED vs. Demons essentially for free. And Pul is easy to obtain via HF rushes.

2. FCR rounding up

GalaXyHaXz claimed that FCR rounded up to 5% if it spawned 4% or less in 1.07. This is blatantly false as anyone with a crafted amulet can tell with ATMA. However this rumour has a basis in reality: In 1.09 an effect exists that rounds up FRW to 5% if it's 4% or less. This is the reason we have 5% FRW SCs from 1.09. They were assigned 3% FRW in the files (like in every patch) but this quirk of 1.09 makes them spawn as 5%. It never was an intended buff, it was merely a mistake.

Has anyone ever forwarded a 1% FCR Amulet or a 3% FRW SC from 1.07 to 1.09? Maybe it updates? I doubt it but it's worth testing.

3. Hit Blinds Target

In 1.07 every item with this property applies lvl 1 Dim Vision with every hit. This is hardcoded, it does not need to be stacked but it also can't be improved.

4. Hit Freezes Target

I had a theory about it and also posted all the values it can take ingame a while back:

Fruit confirmed that the parameter is a chance, namely you have a 100*parameter/128 % chance to freeze for as many frames as the value in 'Min' says. Another thing that happens with this mod is that the parameter and Min are saved by 'joining' them (they're both bytes) and saving this while discarding the Max value. Fruit isn't convinced but I think this causes the ATMA crash with HFT: The game takes three bytes, joins the first two into a short (= two bytes) and then discards the third. This is written to the save file and when ATMA reads it it expects the 'freeze' modifier to be followed by three bytes of information and THEN the next modifier. Instead it gets the short with the two bytes of info (chance + length) but interprets the next byte (i.e. the next modifier name) as the max value which causes trouble. Don't take this as fact, it's just a theory.

It's still not clear what happens when you forward a HFT item from 1.07/1.08 to 1.09+.
Oh wow, if HFT items could be fixed for ATMA (or GoMule compatible with 1.07 fully) I honestly would be playing a lot more D2! I understand that's risky for permanently changing items as well as modding category, though :(
runewords, too! Sucks not being able to take advantage of the collecting aspect for some of these things without having to forego effective and efficient muling

BTW, It'd be cool to see all of those runewords in-game, even though they're useless. I remember seeing a photo ~7-8 years ago of one of the helm runewords (I probably mentioned this a few times over the years) when looking for 1.07 and beta info and could never find the image again (or remember the word). I remember it looked weird to me and it's probably because I didn't recognzie the name AND the bonus might have just been the +25% poison res or whatever. Would be cool to see!

@pharphis If there was a fix (unlikely) then it would change how ATMA reads the item, not how the item is saved by the game nor anything about the item.

I agree that actually using the runewords would be cool. Our best hope is that D4 will push more people into the D2 community and maybe some of them are interested in time travelling and have the patience to create Gomule for 1.07-1.10a.

Continuing the Info Dump:

The changes for uniqueitems.txt are very hard to list for 1.08 to 1.09 since literally every item has been changed. So I won't list them and instead I focused on some specific items. For today I compiled a list of 1.07-1.09 jewelry. I personally wanted to know what these looked like but didn't find any reliable sources so I took the info from the game files. There is also a wayback link to an item page but it contains some errors and doesn't state what version it is referring to (probably 1.08). These two lists of jewelry are complete and give an overview over the stats now and then. I omitted the 1.10a+ jewelry (Wisp, Metalgrid etc.), facets and charms since they never changed. (Only exception: Hellfire Torch had its Firestorm proc chance reduced in order to resolve lag issues)

pre110arings.png
pre110aamulets.png

I'm also working on a compact list of qlvl/rlvl for weapons and armor that covers every version. The goal of all of this is to know for which numbers the AB wiki is accurate outside of 1.14d. (quite a lot it turns out)

I have been rushing a batch of characters for LLD and had some trouble getting the Den quest. I tried with all characters in the Den, got the beams of light at the end, but it said something like "You cannot complete the quest because another character already completed it. Does a rushee need to kill the last monster or something?

Also any idea how to do the A3 potion quest for all characters? Does a rushee need to kill the Unique monster or something?

No idea about the Golden Bird but for the Den quest one of the rushees needs to kill at least one monster themselves. It doesn't matter which one in the Den.

Also any idea how to do the A3 potion quest for all characters? Does a rushee need to kill the Unique monster or something?
I just rushed to A4 (1.00) and I had killed Meph and the rushees were on the left. That Hydra guy then attacked me from the right side and dropped the Jade Figurine. So my rushees got the quest done. It seems to be the same as Radament and Izual. One have to be close enough when that drops. Never got the drop when I have been rushing and alone.

m4ke

I have been rushing a batch of characters for LLD and had some trouble getting the Den quest. I tried with all characters in the Den, got the beams of light at the end, but it said something like "You cannot complete the quest because another character already completed it. Does a rushee need to kill the last monster or something?

I ran into these problems too and don't have a fix. I eventually just did the quests in normal/nightmare when they were somewhat high level and geared and hell when the character was actually usable

Do you get the Gidbin dagger on all difficulties?

1.00 rare rings can be pretty good even the normal reward ones.
Nope. But I only ever rushed one group in 1.00. In 1.07 I don't think it'd be worth the effort

In 1.07 they can't spawn Manaleech, which sucks balls

so 1.00 or 1.10+ for Gidbin (or nothing at all, I don't blame ya)

kinda sad that it is vs undead and not demons, this would be #1 offhand:
sickdmgvsud.png
I think it is actually 545% vs undead and not 6xx% because maces have 150% and I believe this is just a display "bug"

Btw my rackrunner gear is complete, can you guess it?

Last edited:
Reactions: pharphis
Btw my rackrunner gear is complete, can you guess it?
Code:
Boots - Aldur's
Belt - M'avina's
Body - Trang-Oul's
Hat - Valkyrie Wing
Shield - Wall of the Eyeless
Knife - Wizardspike
Gloves - Magefist
Jewelry - No idea
Charms - Inertia & Res

Here is mine. I have same same 10 in 1.07 and 10 in 1.08 =) 1.08 Sins have lesser Caster shields (Eth).
01_Runner.jpg

m4ke

@m4ke Jewelry is double SoJ (which at least one of them has to be exchanged because of Bloodmana in Nilathaks area) and Highlords wrath for FRW and lightresi.

charms are only of initia.

Do you really have 10 assassins that are the same or what you mean?

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High