1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

@WoRG I remember reading something in the past about legit zod bugging.
I think we need to use the Zod in 1.10a and unsocket it in 1.10s or something, iirc.
And it doesn't work if we use the Zod before. Do you know when does it work?
Nope. Here is what you really need to do:
A pre 1.10 Zod is the only known way to permanently turn armor indestructible in order to make ethereal indestructible RW bases. Pre 1.10 socketing an item with a Zod will overwrite its durability and if the Zod is removed via a cube recipe (available in 1.10a+) the item will remain indestructible. (Fruit tested a Monarch socketed in 1.09b with a Zod and then unsocketed it in 1.13d and it remained indestructible)
So the theory is, if you insert the Zod in any patch 1.07-1.09d and then remove it in any patch 1.10a-1.14d you will end up with an indestructible item. There is however one important thing to note: If the item in question has the "+ to max Durability" bonus as found for example on Baranar's Star or (I think) Duriel's Shell you will get a broken item upon insertion of the Zod in 1.07-1.09d. If I am not completely mistaken ATMA displays this stat, which is usually hidden ingame.

No tests have been done on whether a superior item with durability bonus (percentage) has the same problem.

Obviously Fruit didn't test all possible patch combinations, just socketing in 1.09b and unsocketing in 1.13d but it is widely believed that the way indestructibility is handled was changed with 1.10, but it could be that the betas behave weirdly.

Reactions: d2lover
Yes, my understanding is that they changed Indestructibility in 1.10...prior to that, if an item was Indestructibile, its durability was removed (which is why items with '+X to durability' cause problems)... that was just how the Game implemented Indestructibility. So when you socketed a Zod, that's what would happen... no problem, though, once you socketed a Zod, there was no way to remove it (without hacking).

Then along came 1.10, and the devs added the new unsocketing recipe AND 4 new weapon runewords that confer Indestructibility (BotD, Enternity, Death, and Oath)... to their credit, they recognized that the old way of implementing Indestructibility was problematic, so they changed it going forward, but older patches still use the old methodology...

BTW, THIS is why ATMA-bugging happens... when ATMA was coded, it simply used the current methodology for Indestructibility, but it was never changed for 1.10+ (to be fair, Blizzard never disclosed the change publicly, it was only discovered afterwards)

I had never considered that superior items with increased durability might mess things up... hopefully not, as it increases max dura rather than adding dura.... but I'll definitely keep that in mind :unsure: (Its never messed up an ATMA-bug for me, though :p)

@d2lover someone may have been pulling your leg... 1.07/1.08 Arkaine's is ALWAYS Indestructibile (not sure about 1.09)...

WoRG

Last edited:
Yes, my understanding is that they changed Indestructibility in 1.10...prior to that, if an item was Indestructibile, its durability was removed (which is why items with '+X to durability' cause problems)... that was just how the Game implemented Indestructibility. So when you socketed a Zod, that's what would happen... no problem, though, once you socketed a Zod, there was no way to remove it (without hacking).

Then along came 1.10, and the devs added the new unsocketing recipe AND 4 new weapon runewords that confer Indestructibility (BotD, Enternity, Death, and Oath)... to their credit, they recognized that the old way of implementing Indestructibility was problematic, so they changed it going forward, but older patches still use the old methodology...

BTW, THIS is why ATMA-bugging happens... when ATMA was coded, it simply used the current methodology for Indestructibility, but it was never changed for 1.10+ (to be fair, Blizzard never disclosed the change publicly, it was only discovered afterwards)

I had never considered that superior items with increased durability might mess things up... hopefully not, as it increases max dura rather than adding dura.... but I'll definitely keep that in mind :unsure: (Its never messed up an ATMA-bug for me, though :p)

@d2lover someone may have been pulling your leg... 1.07/1.08 Arkaine's is ALWAYS Indestructibile (not sure about 1.09)...

WoRG
I talk about the weird arcy, +1-2 to all classes seperately and no indestructable mod.

google gvalor

@d2lover Glitched items are not permitted by default - See rule 2.8.
What are you talking about? There is nothing "glitched" about a 1.09 Arkaine's Valor, it just looks weird because of the messy way that 1.09 handles variable + to all Skills.

It's not that 1.09 Arkaine's is glitched... While I've never played on B.net to any real degree, I seem to recall that on B.net in 1.09, people would socket items with a Zod they knew was duped and would poof soon... this could result in a 'glitched' item that was indestructible and still had a open socket...

Given that the practice explicitly used duped HRs, of course its never been allowed here

WoRG

Is there a 1.10 patch which already has Death and still treats the Indestructibility as before?

I'm not sure when they changed Indestructibility... It's definitely changed by 1.10final though, which is the first patch that enabled ladder RWs (so no Death or Oath). If they hadn't changed it in 1.10a or 1.10s, though, you could still use Eternity (terribly expensive... Ber Sur Ist over Death's Vex Gul, but still far more attainable than Zod, and it would work on any 5os melee wpn instead of just swords&axes)

So who volunteers to test it? :p

WoRG

Last edited:
Why are some of my crafted boots getting stamina drain modifier?

Code:
Death Blazer
Light Plated Boots
Defense: 19
Durability: 9 of 18
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 48
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x26fadedf
+10 to Life
+61% Enhanced Defense
4% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +10
30% Faster Run/Walk
Half Freeze Duration
82% Slower Stamina Drain
12% Chance to cast Level 4 Nova when struck

It kept as stamina drain when forwarded to 1.14d.

Last edited:
The reason you don't recognize this mod is that its a blue-only affix, so 1.07 is the only place you can get it on a craft (its actually the highest alvl FRW affix(65)... 'of Acceleration', +40FRW, is actually a lower alvl(51)... I prefer the 40FRW...)

WoRG

Yeah when derklord said that I went and looked up affix names on arreat summit and sure enough, there it was. You're right, I don't know it because who looks at blue boots in any version?

Arreat Summit? You don't have an Excel sheet with the content of the various tables in the MPQ in it?
My 1.07 file has tabs for Uniques (with an MF cap calculator, as well as lists of items with various stats like CB, at the bottom), Sets (with differences to 1.08 highlighted), Weapons (with an attack speed calculator at the bottom), Armor, Cube (with an item level and affix level calculator for crafting at the bottom), Affix (made filterable for item types), Gems, RWs, TCs (with an extra row for the maximum item level of drops from uniques and bosses), Monsters, Skills (as affixes list a skill number rather than name), and Levels.

How could you say such thing @jimsfriend!? You killed the thread :bertstare:

@WoRG I'm feeling a bit lazy. Do you think using a Barb (+1 opening the portal, or even playing solo and avoiding the cow king) can be efficient enough?

Yeah it was such a shocking thing to say, people just immediately close their browser when they see it I guess. What kind of maniac would look up trivial information every time he has a trivial question instead of saving the answer? Some things this world is not yet ready for.

Ehhh, I wish I could do without spreadsheets, but I'm afraid my aging memory just isn't up to acurately recalling all the minutiae that goes into this game, especially across different versions and patches.... or when I've taken a break and haven't even thought about the game in months, which happens from time to time....:p

@nulio efficient enough? Runefinding is really all about luck, as long as you can kill and not die, the character you play is much more efficient than one you won't... That said, Barb is safe (biggest danger in cows is getting pinned, Barb has great CC with howl, GW, and leap, and whirler CAN'T be pinned) but slow (single target attacks or whirl, which uses random targeting and thus can be slow when packs are as large as cow herds...) Hork can help make up for that (especially at /p1, as successful hork is effectively a /p7 drop), but you might need to haul a wagon with you for blue pots to power it :p

WoRG

Thanks for the feedback.

Do you folks know if 1.07 imbuing works the same way as 1.10+ imbuing?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High