1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

Ermmm not sure i understood the question properly @nulio but do you intend to run cows for runes? I would strongly advise against that...

@nulio imbueing just isn't that good in 1.07... From the 1.08 patch notes:
Code:
- Changed Charsi's imbue quest to always give a plus to individual skills 
  on items that can have them.
So no boost to staffmods...and that's on top of the fact that rares just kinda suck in general pre-1.10, and even moreso in 1.07 (no +2 class skills, max 200%ED on weapons, Godly and Great Wyrm's are blue only, etc...)

I generally save imbue quests on rushee's for later patches when I bother with it...

WoRG

@ziambe but I must, in order to participate in the tournament :D

@WoRG I see, the dream would be keeping the 1.07 eth bonus on the imbues, but with no +2 class skills and boost to staffmods makes it a big no.

I'm having issues using the multi dll for 1.07. I tried both D2gfx.dll that were in the trenshadow folder. What should I try next?

Well, if you're looking for items you'd forward to use anyway, imbueing in 1.08 has the same eth bonus, could get +2 class skills, and would get some bonus (not sure if its the modern bonus or if it changed again later, but at least some bonus) to staffmods. You still would be limited to 200%ED on weapons and I think mechanic's will only get 1 socket, though...

Can't really help with the .dll, I've always used multiple computers, but hopefully someone who knows will show up soon...

WoRG

If I am not remembering entirely wrong, 1.09 .dll should work with 1.07. So see if that helps.

I even tried a dll that works for others, but it doesn't work for me.

Where can I get the 1.09 one? I have the 1.00, 1.06 and 1.13 ones which are the same that are linked in the help thread.
(and I could self MP some years ago)

Hmmm, given that you've tried a .dll that worked for others...
Did you remember to point your shortcuts for the extra instances to game.exe instead of diablo ii.exe?

WoRG

Reactions: d2lover and nulio
@nulio efficient enough? Runefinding is really all about luck, as long as you can kill and not die, the character you play is much more efficient than one you won't... That said, Barb is safe (biggest danger in cows is getting pinned, Barb has great CC with howl, GW, and leap, and whirler CAN'T be pinned) but slow (single target attacks or whirl, which uses random targeting and thus can be slow when packs are as large as cow herds...) Hork can help make up for that (especially at /p1, as successful hork is effectively a /p7 drop), but you might need to haul a wagon with you for blue pots to power it :p

I've been doing some runs, and mana is no issue. The barb has crazy amounts of hp and good enough mana, and with all the full rejuvenation and super/greater mana pots I never had any issues.
I DO have to go back to town twice per run to repair my swords.
My run speed is not the best since the cows take some time to kill (I'll have try different setups), but it's a p1 plus p7 with all the horking.

What are your times and build for cows?

Cheers

The build I'm using is a Multishot Crushing Blow Zon... due to the way MS works in 1.07 (all arrows leech, carry all effects, and have a long range (at least 2½ screens)), and that crushing blow works at full effect w/missiles (and ignores PI) there, IMO 1.07 represents the zenith of bowazons!!! She's fast and safe, safe enough that my current iteration is Hardcore!!!

She WILL, however, kill the Cow King eventually, even if you're careful... the range and deadliness of her volleys means you may not even be aware of it when you do....

That means I have to run her in MP games... I don't really mind, as that means I can increase drops a LOT, but it also means no static maps, so run times are highly variable. I host with my lvl99 Sorc, who hits Akara, buys a TP tome, teleblitzes the Stony Field for the portal, grabs the leg, TPs back and throws tome (even if its now empty it works) & leg in cube for Cow portal... She never parties or enters the cow level, and I try hard not to kill anything that isn't directly in her way, to make it fast as possible. This part takes 20-120 seconds, depending on how long it takes to find the Tristram portal, averaging about 45-50 seconds

Runtimes in the cow level itself are also highly variable, going from as little as 3 minutes to as much as 10+, depending on map, finding a safe spot for the level sitters, and drops. I'm being very strict, only grabbing flawless gems, resistance ring gems, jewels, charms, and the (very) occasional blue elite or set item, but too many good drops on a run really slow you down as you play tetris with your backpack/cube and decide between this or that... Also, having to run back and save your levelsitters from a wandering cow that slipped by you can chew up some time (and admittedly, as I'm running HC, I've had to replace them several times:mad: .....you do want to save them if you can)

WoRG

I was wondering if it was a Javazon or a Bowazon. IIRC the bolts also carry all effects?

What's your Bowazon gear?

I do miss the 1.07 MP cow games with janooo. And luckily we weren't in HC so the cows killing the levelsitters was just mildly annoying.
IIRC my barb was mostly horking while janooo's sorc was killing them, and we had 5 levelsitters. My sorc was opening the portals and staying outside.
It was too long ago so I might be remembering everything wrong.

1.07 "MP" cows would be a nice long term project (hoping for Zods and leveling chars for 1.08 imbuing), but solo I always had more fun with Travincal...

The build I'm using is a Multishot Crushing Blow Zon... due to the way MS works in 1.07 (all arrows leech, carry all effects, and have a long range (at least 2½ screens)), and that crushing blow works at full effect w/missiles (and ignores PI) there, IMO 1.07 represents the zenith of bowazons!!! She's fast and safe, safe enough that my current iteration is Hardcore!!!

She WILL, however, kill the Cow King eventually, even if you're careful... the range and deadliness of her volleys means you may not even be aware of it when you do....

That means I have to run her in MP games... I don't really mind, as that means I can increase drops a LOT, but it also means no static maps, so run times are highly variable. I host with my lvl99 Sorc, who hits Akara, buys a TP tome, teleblitzes the Stony Field for the portal, grabs the leg, TPs back and throws tome (even if its now empty it works) & leg in cube for Cow portal... She never parties or enters the cow level, and I try hard not to kill anything that isn't directly in her way, to make it fast as possible. This part takes 20-120 seconds, depending on how long it takes to find the Tristram portal, averaging about 45-50 seconds

Runtimes in the cow level itself are also highly variable, going from as little as 3 minutes to as much as 10+, depending on map, finding a safe spot for the level sitters, and drops. I'm being very strict, only grabbing flawless gems, resistance ring gems, jewels, charms, and the (very) occasional blue elite or set item, but too many good drops on a run really slow you down as you play tetris with your backpack/cube and decide between this or that... Also, having to run back and save your levelsitters from a wandering cow that slipped by you can chew up some time (and admittedly, as I'm running HC, I've had to replace them several times:mad: .....you do want to save them if you can)

WoRG
Show gear!!

One Wand down, one to go.

Carin Shard:
01_Carin_Shard.jpg

Code:
Carin Shard
Petrified Wand
One-Hand Damage: 8 to 24
Durability: 9 of 15
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 35
Staff Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x5ddcb5ce
Replenish Life +5
30% Faster Hit Recovery
10% Faster Cast Rate
150% Damage to Undead
+1 to Life (1.25 per Character Level)
+1 to Mana (1.25 per Character Level)

m4ke

Is it possible to gamble a hydra bow? If so what are the odds? And what requirements in terms of level, etc?

Yes, at clvl79 (Hydra Bow qlvl74 + 5 so all gambles are at least ilvl74)... dunno if the odds are the same, but in modern its ~2.1 - 2.5% ([ilvl*16+1000]/100000) chance that any gambled long war bow will be upgraded to hydra bow...

...or you could just shop them... at clvl69+(higher is better) Larzuk and Jamella can sell them...;)

WoRG

Man...wish I had checked if you could just shop them lol. Probably wasted 2-3 mil trying to gamble one. As soon as I read your post I went to Jamella and lo and behold, first try she had one.

BTW, what weapon are you using on your cow bowazon that you mentioned a few posts back?

Huh, I really thought I had linked it already... Here is a writeup of Artemis' build and equipment, showing off her bow...

I guess it slipped through the cracks what with RFL and all... yeah, that's it :D

Sorry bout that, guys...😟

WoRG

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High