1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Thoughts on blizz sorc for 1.07 council? My FOrb is ok I guess but I feel like having a much better dps on the skill itself would help a lot, considering FOrb's weaknesses.

Any idea how much dmg it does at level ~25?

Hm, found a 48 charge lvl 5 teleport staff. Do those exist in later versions? Any good use someone can think of in 1.07? I'm thinking it could help a necro or something

edit: it's not possible to get naj's puzzler is it?

Last edited:
I played like 3 months of 1.07 about 3 years ago and had some success rack running (posted about it in this thread). Life got in the way and I stopped playing. Started again a couple of days ago. Backed up my character files so I didn't need to restart from scratch. Racked another Arkaine's two days ago. Today I really needed a change from racking so I was in the process of finding a good LK map for fast super chest running and then this happened (first run on this map, I was just exploring it for viability):

D5qoSge.jpg

:eek:

Not even counting the Lo it's a really good map if you look at the mini map. Don't know yet what the rack capabilities of this map are.

My memory might be off, but I don't think there's a good use for Lo pre-1.10, is there?

Last edited:
deadly strike in weapons, I guess, but I think all versions have the deadly strike/weapon mastery bug or whatever it is that gives 100% crit chance. I could be wrong about that.

edit: I think 'chance' is a 1.07 runeword that uses Lo + ral in weapons, or something.

Mainly weapons socket for physical hitters without crit skills, or more specifically paladins and druids. IIRC, all the mastery skills granted 100% crit chance with just one point, so DS would be useless for barbs and sins. Don't remember if the bug applied to zons critical strike.

In 1.07, the added max resist was just 3% which is so low as to be meaningless.

Oh, and mercs! I think mercs can use the 20% DS, which actually be useful if you craft an awesome merc weapon or rack an awesome cruel eth one and get 4sox from larzuk.

Guess I will rather keep it for 1.10+, even though it will take a while to get there :)

Far from finished with 1.07 and there's a lot to do in 1.09 (loved that patch, played it on the realms).

Not even counting the Lo it's a really good map if you look at the mini map. Don't know yet what the rack capabilities of this map are.

My memory might be off, but I don't think there's a good use for Lo pre-1.10, is there?

2x Lo for Sur in beta Bramble!

Edit: pre-1.10 derp. :oops:

Starting to look like that's the only Lo pattern, with three(?) of that pattern dropped/screenied so far.

I've seen it myself like 3-4 times. I think we can be almost certain it's the only one, and that there is unlikely to be any more runes above um than 1x gul, 2x vex, 1x Lo in LK. 1x vex has been found in RoF as well but that's it for HR patterns so far.

The rune drops are getting ridiculous. I try to count my runs, but then I always forget "was the last one run no. 21 or is this one run no. 21" etc. Maybe about 150-200 runs later.

REZqsf6.jpg

I'm mostly running for craft suppiles, especially jewels since those really seem to be the bottleneck to 1.07 crafting, much less luck on those. About 80 flawless gems & probably less than 10 jewels between Lo and Vex. No noteworthy charms.
Also the Vex looks like an Um from later patches! Does the Um look like Vex in return?

Found an Um in LK and can confirm it looks like an Um.

Timed myself for 100 runs yesterday (might actually have been anywhere between 95 and 105 I guess, since I'm bad at counting while I'm running). Took me 57 minutes picking up all flawless gems, jewels, charms, rare rings/amulets/circlets/gloves/boots and most runes.
During those 100 runs I found:
1 Po, 1 Fal, 1 Shae, 1 Amn, some lower runes
33 flawless gems
3 jewels (all within the last 15 runs, so I went 85x6=510 super chests w/o a single jewel, wtf)
20 Life SC

and this (no better than from later patches)
Code:
Prefix 930 Large Charm of Sustenance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 34
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x57e5e863
+21 to Life
+42 to Attack Rating
+6 to Maximum Damage

Found this in another run, that wasn't part of the 100:
Code:
Prefix 845 Grand Charm of Maiming
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 37
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x6e3d704f
+27 to Maximum Damage
My highest damage charm so far.

Lost my pharphis-approved map, because apparently I am clumsy and clicked NM. Now I can't seem to find a good map

edit: why is item level eightyeight being censored?

Last edited:
People keep asking about eightyeight. Its a code for HH or heil that german guy who did lots of bad things. So 8 8 comes out as ** but not HH. Lol at the people who came up with the rules!

Never understood the 8-8 thing either. Glad u explained.
I might farm some lk later this week. I think in 1.07 it might be better to run the arcane chests. They can drop Lo and Ohm, and u have 9 chests per run if ur fasts.

1.07 and 08 TIP: place keys in your horadric cube and put the cube in your stash. Keys work inside the cube, so u never take up space when running lk!!

Being half German I know what it can stand for (and here many districts ban HH, SS and a few others on number plates), would never have expected to see this censored on a non German forum though.

Anyway, great tip regarding keys, I will try this out today!

How have I never heard of that? That's amazing.

Also, if you do testing it would be most useful either RoF (I've found a vex there) or as you said A2. LK I think has been figured out, at this point, with a whopping 4 HRs (gul, 2x vex, Lo).

I think in about an hour I'm going to rush some mules in 1.07, and will probably stream it, to show how easy it is in 1.07 (though I haven't done it in 2 years)

edit: I'll make a post in about 30 mins and start streaming, since I figured out how to toggle between windows easily.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High