1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Changing it while claiming that only one were found... And no explanations. Can the mods see the edit history? Anyway we have at least two witnesses, one a ex mod.

Just reading the stickies and accepted gameplay rules I see no version specific RRM restrictions. I would use it if it becomes FAM.

I got lost a little bit. I'm actually planning to use RRM for 1.07. in the Accepted Gameplay Rules:

These are Forum Accepted Mods (FAM)
RRM - red rune mod - needs declaring (not acceptable in the Bnet trade forums)
RWM - rune word mod - needs declaring
CRM - colour rune mod - needs declaring (not acceptable in the Bnet trade forums)
modified .dll to run multiple instances - needs declaring (not acceptable in the rest of diii.net)

It was not indicated that RRM is not allowed in 1.07. It does not matter that much to me, as I don't MP/trade, but I still like to stay with the community, so, could somebody clarify whether 1.07 RRM is allowed or not?

I clearly remember seeing written some time by the mods that it was not allowed, and lots of people were playing without it in 1.07/8/9/10 even if they used it in 1.12/3. And on all screenshots from the older versions I only remember one from 1.07 and back then it was reported to the mods and the forum member was in trouble, iirc.

In the rules we've seen some omissions in the past (like no RWM in 1.10a and 1.10s, it was stated before by the mods it couldn't be used and it's still not in the accepted gameplay rules - I actually found that post recently) and most/all players have the same opinion about CRM/RRM in 1.07 that was cemented and followed in the last years (I don't care enough these days to try to google fu when it was posted by mods about it).

Anyway, what we need now is a public answer from Thy.

XC, others,

This is not a Thyiad post, but it is my attempt at being clear and accurate.

RRM is (afaik) technically allowed in 1.07, but no one (well..) uses it, because "no one" is interested in it. The reason for this is the trading pool, where no one wants to start playing a version [1.07 SC RRM] that essentially no one plays (the vast vast majority of SPTF players are [1.07 SC Vanilla], not [1.07 SC RRM]). As far as I know (probably incomplete information), exactly zero people have voluntarily placed themselves in the [1.07 SC RRM, 1.13d SC FAM] category, where zero (afaik) other people reside, and where they would be able to trade with ~no one else.

ETA: In conclusion, if you want to be able to trade with the community in general, I super super recommend you to stay [1.07 SC Vanilla], like everyone else in the trading pool (except uiniu? His language is (arguably, deliberately) super unclear, and you might want to take extra care to stay in the general [1.07 SC Vanilla] trading pool.

Thanks nulio and Fabian.

Yes, agree, better to add "no RRM for 1.07" and "no RWM for 1.10a/s" in the accepted game play sticky to remove confusion. I almost made mistakes for RWM in 1.10a.

I can provide the link about "no RWM in 1.10a/s" that Thyiad send me a while ago:

Question about 1.10a runewords

Question: I have recieved items from @Username is not in use in fact he was generous to me. Do I need to declare 1.07 RRM in my trade profile? If so this is not a big problem for me, because honestly I would use this mod if it was available to public.

For me 1.07 RRM is not FAM, unless the mods say otherwise explicitly. Regarding the trades I'm curious what other players are thinking too.

I got the RRM up and running in 1.07, so it works, but it seemed to change the gameplay in a way that was hard to define. It might have just been imagination but the game did actually feel different. I played it for a few weeks then I dumped it, deleted a lot of stuff and went back to vanilla.

Make sure merc is doing the killing. But Meph will drop a lot of magics and rares ayway, because there arent that many uniques.

168 - Merc 7 Ptopaz
112 - Tal's Armor
74 - Shako
35 - ammy
35 - boots
28 - ring
25 - ring
25 - gloves
20 - Milabrega's shield
20 - 5 x 4% charms
10 - 5 x 2% charms
6 - 2 x 3% charms

Total: 558%

** Whew, I only counted 4 x 4% charms at first.. was gonna feel really stupid. But, that is correct 558%

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High