1.00 News, Info and Gossip

I'll have to correct what I said above, I mixed a few things up:
  • Different monster types don't tick the segment differently, rather they have different group sizes in which they can spawn (i.e. 2-3 vs. 3-4) which indirectly influences how they tick the segment.
  • Only spawns before the King has spawned influence him, after that he is only 'ticked' by his AI ticks, that makes it harder to get consistent results.
Thanks to @Fruit for setting it straight.

And yes, SoJ can drop from normal Cow King, I got one there.

You should absolutely push on, the first three acts are mostly subpar (except for council) since champions/uniques can't drop rares. In act 4 they have a 12,5% chance at rares.

Entered Act II. I'll next rush 3 DuriMules at their positions. Room for 3 other chars. One is my rusher Sorc. Others..No idea. Maybe GF Barb?

m4ke

Depends what you have in Classic/1.07. I rushed (in more than one rush) four Barbs, two Amazons and filled the rest with Sorceresses. When they reach lvl 61 you can forward them to 1.07 to rack run. The Amazons are for Cows and maybe Council and the Barbs for Council or staying in Classic to help level others.

I have a new idea though: A Paladin could be a real asset in RoF. Sometimes the tile where Hephasto spawns has a little inaccessible 'island' to the upper right side of the screen. If one parked a Paladin with Might/Conc/Fanaticism there the Barb could kill maggots even faster. Of course you need to roll a map where that area is stuffed with maggots.

I have my rush/leveling routines in 1.07 so I won't be forwarding anybody there. Maybe someone to roll rare amulets in 1.06b.

I took Sorc and two Barbs. Rushed with my First Barb to NM. My Sorc can not tele yet. No mana and not enough points in tele/mastery.

I forgot to gamble before rushing and my barb was full loaded at the end of Act IV. So I went gambling after that. This was third ring this time:
01_SoJ.png
My first in pre-Current =)

Sorc got just more mana.. Tons of gold still in pockets. I'll mule that away and continue.

m4ke

When I rush 1's to Hell HF was it A3 beginning where the 1's must be rushed? And when converted to expansion they are A4?

Never done that. Soon it's possible.

m4ke

Edit: Tested one char and he ended A3. How I remember I've read somewhere that you don't have to kill Meph when HF rushing..

Last edited:
Could you not proceed to act 4 without killing Mephisto? The official patchlog for 1.02 to 1.03 says this:
Players that have not completed the last quest in Act III can no longer use the Portal to Act IV until they have properly completed that quest.
I always figured that meant you don't need to kill Mephisto but I ended up killing him anyway because he got annoying when trying to sneak the mules past.

Sorry if that statement was misleading!

EDIT: Wait, do you mean you forwarded the character without completing act 3? What I meant was you can use the portal without killing Mephisto. You still need to kill Diablo NM to get to Hell difficulty when forwarding to Expansion.

Well, you don't have to kill Meph if the portal opens anyway =) I'll kill him. I hate his snowballs.
EDIT: Wait, do you mean you forwarded the character without completing act 3? What I meant was you can use the portal without killing Mephisto. You still need to kill Diablo NM to get to Hell difficulty when forwarding to Expansion.
I just tested where in Hell a char ends up when forwarded and converted being at start of Hell A3. Meph not killed nor A4 entered. I deleted that char after that.

I have now Durimules ready and few more chars in Hell and couple in Hell A3.

Can you give me working links to Classic builds? Classic Classic, not 1.09 =) Diabloii.net Classic section links are dead and search does nothing.

Im interested in GF Barb and all kinds of Zon builds for most. And Rusher Sorc too.

And! How the leveling system goes in 1.00? I mean if cleaner is 50 and leechers only 20-30 for example. And where to leech (Normal/NM/Hell) at which levels. Goal is of coz to give leechers as much XP as possible.

I'll soon gamble again. Waiting for next SoJ. My Sorc can now tele much better with that SoJ. How about giving her Civerbs Amu instead of +1 to Sorc skills?

m4ke

It should be said that keeping a map is probably a bad idea, once you got the 6 rare/wanted unique drop.
Because those 6 rare will be the same if you drop the baseitems again.

This is the reason why 1.00 is banned from trading.

So if you see a Ring drop from the King, get your SoJ and check if the failed unique rare ring is good.
Then mule away your SoJ or keep it (depending on if you still need more SoJs or not) and search the next map.

Hell has better chances, because of the exceptional items, since they can't get unique, you get more often a 6 rare drop without even having uniques in your stash. So I would keep unique Pike, Manald+Nagel in your stash and maybe Frostburns/Crown of the undead and the unique Platebelt, basically the low inventory space uniques.

This will give you the best chances to get those rares.

Also IIRC you can drop uniques on the ground and they will not count as already spawned in the game, so it is possible to get multiple SoJs per map, but I wouldn't do it, because I value a SoJ too much and it would suck to lose a SoJ :(

@m4ke No clue on actual build guides, I've just been following the guidance in the Time Traveler's Vortex and decided the rest on the fly.

I wanted to post the info on how leveling works for a while now. Fruit explained it to me and it's very simple:
  1. Take the base XP of the monster that was killed.
  2. Apply the player bonus to the base: XP=XP+2*[XP*(p-1)/3] where p is the amount of players in the game (anywhere and regardless of party status)
  3. Share the XP between players in the party of the killer which are in the same area as the killer: XP=clvl*max(1;[XP/s]) where clvl is the recipient's character level and s is the sum of all clvls in the party.
  4. Apply a penalty if the level difference between recipient and monster is too large, see table below for this. (This really means the recipient, not the Killer)
  5. The Killer receives a 10% bonus: XP=[XP*110/100]
  6. If you are in patch 1.03-1.06 you apply the global level penalty, see table below.
  7. If the Killer is under the influence of an experience shrine apply a 50% bonus: XP=[XP*150/100]
For maggot eggs you also receive XP, their AI chooses a target and if they're killed the target receives the XP.

Here's the global level penalties for 1.03-1.06:
clvl1-7576-8081-8586-9091-98
XP =XP[XP/2][XP/3][XP/4][XP/5]

The level difference penalties for monsters below your lvl is given by XP=[XP*p/100] where p is as follows:
mlvl(clvl-5) to clvlclvl-6clvl-7clvl-8clvl-9clvl-10 or lower
p100816243245

If the monsterlvl is larger than the clvl then the penalty is XP=[XP*clvl/mlvl] if clvl is at least 25 but if clvl is 24 or less than the penalty is given by XP=[XP*p/100] where p is as follow:
mlvlclvl to (clvl+5)clvl+6clvl+7clvl+8clvl+9clvl+10 or higher
p100886836152

With this info I made a chart which shows the amount of maggot hatches one needs in order to level up. I assume 7 rushees of the same level and one rusher of lvl 85 (can be varied). Here's the chart (for 1.00):

maggots.png
The numbers in color are the levels all the rushees are currently at while the number next to it is the number of hatches one needs to kill to level up. One hatch consists of 12 maggots. Technically eggs also give XP but I did not include that information back when I made this. Since an egg gives more XP then a maggot if I recall correctly that means we can just multiply the #hatches by 12/13 to get an estimate for the real amount.

Since XP is shared before level difference penalties it means that rusher clvl becomes mostly irrelevant. Even clvl 85 or so would quickly become small compared to the combined level of the rushees.

If you want to level a few rushees extra fast you can also park some of the rushees in another act while leaving the ones to be leveled in RoF. They will receive more XP since the playerbonus remains the same while the sum of clvls of partymembers in the area shrinks.

Reactions: m4ke
@art_vandelay I read that and then I re-read but I must still re-re-read because I'm quite sleepy right now (Rushed & Killed King & hunted gem shrines all night)

Great info !!

The colored number assumes that all rushees are at same kevel?

Then I'll need next (obviously =) mlvl's..

m4ke

Edit: And ATM I prefer just clearing the RoF again and again. My Pike can't do Maggots more than a minute :/ Need to hunt 5x dura with ML..

Edit2: Yes same level. Too tired =) What difficulty is that chart?

Last edited:
You can keep unique items on your corpse as well, but it is risky if there is a chance you might die in game because body popping is a thing. I keep unique boots and belt on my corpse while gambling for boots and belts.

Somewhere in this thread is said that clvl 31 is good for gambling Boots and Belts. Is there any 'good' level to gamble Hats?

So I gambled some Boots and Belts. Got nothing better than this:
01_boots.png

Also gambled second SoJ and CK dropped me Third.

m4ke

Well since everything costs the same no matter your level it will boil down to affixes. I added a list of all affixes in spreadsheet format to this post. You can use filters to get a list of affixes for specific item types (such as boots) and then see what you like to have on your boots/belts/hats/whatever. If you want to use if for other stuff note that:
Code:
Weapons = Union(Melee, Missilie, Staff, Wand, Scepter)
and that no two of those types in the union have any overlap. (Staves, Wands and Scepters are classified as 'Rods' and are distinct from 'Melee' weapons)

Also note that there are no 'frequencies' for classic affixes, meaning each is equally likely. (Which is why you see more items with a bonus to all resistances)

I've done some calculations for trires boots but lost my numbers. The gist was that it can pay off to eliminate affixes you don't want!

Attachments

• affixes classic.zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 9
You can use filters to get a list of affixes for specific item types (such as boots) and then see what you like to have on your boots/belts/hats/whatever.
I added filters and it's fine, thanks! We are gambling now. How it works with the 'Level' column? Other words, what the 'Level' column means?

m4ke

The Level column is the level of this affix, i.e. what people call the affix level. Your item needs to have this affix level or higher to spawn with a given affix. The affix level of any item is given by alvl=ilvl+2.

Ok, but I'm not good at the lvl's :/ How can I know item level (ilvl)? I gambled Skull Caps and got Cold Resist +23% for example. That is alvl 18. How ilvl's is set when gambling? Is it clvl+5 like shopping but without caps in normal?

I must some day learn all these levels :/

m4ke

Edit: Yeah, it was that clvl -5/+4 =)

Edit2: So ML/LL on Rings is alvl 6. So ilvl 4 is needed. And clvl 4+5=9 is needed to make sure that LL/ML is counted every time?

Last edited:
Actually the ilvl when gambling is min(99,max(5,clvl+rnd(9)-5)), where rnd(9) is random from 0 to 9, so capped above at 99 and below at 5. As in 1.07 the ilvl for drops is the level of the monster if a monster dropped it or the level of the area if a chest dropped it. Also shopping ilvl is still clvl+5 with caps in normal. (So don't shop +3 HS scepters in normal, they're capped at 4os due to their ilvl being too low)

In your example every ring would be able to get it because ilvl is always at least 5. If 'alvl' is the level of the affix you want then in order to always have a chance at it while gambling you need clvl=alvl+3 except in those cases where alvl is at most 7 where you can get it with any char.

Ok, so I can get alvl 6 with clvl 1 char gambling.

m4ke

Edit: So I made LLML-Gambler, clvl 5 to hold 50k gold. Dropped piles of 48k gold on the ground in front of Cheed and went chilling to another act. Poor LLML-Gambler didn't get any rares but last 48k:
01_LLML_Gambling.png
So pretty ok I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: art_vandelay
@Jocular
It appears that map seed does affect gambling results. I am gambling boots and belts with clvl32 barb for back-of-the-napkin math about 100m gold. I gamble on one map until my inventory/stash is full, then reroll my map.

I acquire gold by clicking a corpse or Hollow Log near LK or UK waypoints. Currently I run in nightmare for max sell value of 25k gold. My current map seed generates mostly items that sell for 25k gold, with rare War Boots needing to be repaired and rare or superior Grand Crown selling for 25k without repairs. Note that in 1.00, repairing an item increases its sale value by more than the cost of repair, so repairing items is profitable.

A particular corpse or Hollow Log will *always* drop one of the same two items. In LK I roll until I get a map with Grand Crown/Winged Helm and in UK I will take a map that gives Grand Crown/War Boots. Rolling for this map can take several hours. To the best I can determine, the item fingerprint you get is determined by amount of time from entering the WP to clicking the object. That is to say, this method produces dupes, and taking the same path but waiting first will generate a different fingerprint. On my current map I most often get a Rare Grand Crown or a Rare War Boots and they always have same exact defense, durability, mods, sale value, name, etc. Sometimes I get superior instead, and it always has one of two sale values, and very rarely I will get a magic item that is always the same mods.

While running on one map, I notice groupings of affixes that appear on gambled rares seem to appear regularly. My current map seems to spawn boots with mf OR gf, two resists, life, often but not always fhr OR frw, and another affix that seems random/unpredictable. Previously I had a map seed that rare gambled boots spawned tri-res frw mf boots, but I never got a godly roll on it. On a different map I had boots that would spawn with str and dex giving me a few LLD potential boots.

When gambling, to increase my chance of failed uniques, I have put a unique belt and boot on my corpse and leave it dead. In situations where you might fight monsters this would be risky because of body popping, but since I never see monsters I can leave a corpse on the ground and not fear losing my equipped gear.

On my current map I gambled many mf/gf res res affix boots that I did not keep and did not screenshot due to low rolls.
I have kept so far two belts that both have Life lr GF + other mods
Boots:
GF __ Res Res fRw
__ Mf Res Res fRw Dex Stam
GF __ Res Res fHr Life Stam
GF __ Res Res fRw Life ED
__ Mf Res Res fRw Life ED
and a few boots that have similar but may not be part of the pattern
GF __ Res ___ fHr fRw ED heal stamina
GF __ Res Res ___ Life Str ED
GF Mf Res Res ___ Life ED

So it may just be that these are mods I like, and so I kept them and don't notice others, BUT I get these mods _a lot_ relative to other maps I have had. Also notice the prevalence of life vs other affixes (like str/dex). Also notice that almost all of these have two resistances, but I would also consider boots with one or three resistances.

My two tri-res frw mf life boots as well as one I did not keep were gambled on one seed.

So nothing definitive, but it certainly seems to me that affix patterns are strongly affected by seed. It is certainly true that on my current map I'm getting more boots of my desired affix pattern than previous maps, because I can *expect* a boot that makes me consider whether I should keep it every one million gold. Previous maps this just was not the case. My current seed has had no noticeable dry spells of running for hours and hours with no interesting boot, either.

I have a dilemma. I've rolled a Cows map that gives me always an unique Ring when I do that same run and game tells The King to drop an Unique.

If I take that SoJ, I can't mule it away without losing my map. However @Helvete offers in this thread many times advise to 'write protect your save file and ditch the original item afterwards'. I've just re-read the rules and it's not commented anyway except hotmuling is not 100% forbitten. Is this kind of temporaly duping allowed @maxicek ?

m4ke

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High