1.00 News, Info and Gossip

Hey,
thank you for your reply! Well, i am trying to teleport a consistent path - mainly to evade monster spawn in the chest huts. Does the path really influence the chest drops? Like as if i'd be racking?

I'm leveling a paladin to LvL30 at the moment in 1.00 in order to gamble boots, which are my most desired prey. Wondering if it turns out comparable to cow king...

finally completed a challenge i started about a year ago: a barbarian with no stat points spent in vitality. although, with that being the only restriction, i still used whirlwind and this is a twinked character on softcore, so not all that impressive (though i did keep track of deaths and it's only about thirty, most of them in hell difficulty). being twinked, i did borrow some of the really good equipment from other characters, especially for the endgame where i needed to have the most life, resists, and leech. here's a short showcase video:

Question for the maggot farmers:

Much to my delight, I found a failed unique pike with 39 - 164 dmg (seems near the max...?). Unfortunately it has neither mana nor life leech.

What are the ideal mods on a maggot-slaying pike?

My instinct tells me that with frostburns and 2 sojs, a bare minimum maggot-slaying pike must have mana leech.

Dual SoJ is a waste. Even wearing manald would be better. Leech is just that powerful.
If your resists and stats are otherwise OK, then Eye of Etlich + Manald Heal can save you 2 stash spaces. Leech rings aren't too hard to come by. Even rushing mules for the Gidbinn quest can give some real nice ones.

Reactions: ziambe
Dual SoJ is a waste. Even wearing manald would be better. Leech is just that powerful.
If your resists and stats are otherwise OK, then Eye of Etlich + Manald Heal can save you 2 stash spaces. Leech rings aren't too hard to come by. Even rushing mules for the Gidbinn quest can give some real nice ones.
Yea, i started with 2, quickly moved to one and then dropped that for more ML and AR.

Another question if I may:

I am a little puzzled by the way xp is penalized and distributed in MP games. I was in the following situation:

7 players total, all partied and in RoF
Level 68 barb killing
Level 81 sorc leeching
Level 59 pally leeching
4 other level 54 leechers

I noticed that the sorc was gaining xp extemely slow so i stopped using the level 68 barb and switched to a level 54 barb. The sorc then flew from level 81 to 82 but level 82 to 83 took aaaages!

I have been reading through the quoted info in the thread all the way to present but im not quite sure what level maggot farmer i should be using?

1. Should i switch back to the higher level barb (who is now 75)
2. Use a new barb around level 45
3. Give up trying to leech on 6 chars and only let the sorc leech?

Thanks!

Edit: @Helvete just came across this quote of yours from page 2:
helvete said:
Also, high level killer means less exp for mules, but there is a trick to this: Don't party the mules. They'll only get egg pop exp, but that exp will be unfiltered through the level penalties.

Edit2: i forgot to specify that i am aware of Urdar farming, but i was hoping there was an efficient way to level multiple toons at once.

Last edited:
It's been too long, I no longer remember the details, nor where I found the info. I believe the killing toon should be as close to monster level as conveniently possible. My experience was that with a lvl 88 doing the killing, the "leechable" exp was terrible, while it was OK around lvl 80ish.

Efficient? Except for skipping quests and breaking weapons with WW, there is nothing efficient in pre-LoD ;)

nice ring!

i should really do a showcase video with all my 1.00 stuff. might get me back into playing d2. i've been mainly learning how to romhack super metroid for the past year or so; aside from the no-vitality barb i posted above, i've hardly played d2 for a while.

It's been too long, I no longer remember the details, nor where I found the info. I believe the killing toon should be as close to monster level as conveniently possible. My experience was that with a lvl 88 doing the killing, the "leechable" exp was terrible, while it was OK around lvl 80ish.

Efficient? Except for skipping quests and breaking weapons with WW, there is nothing efficient in pre-LoD ;)
It seems your idea (buried in the thread somewhere) that a 4 champ urdar pack is the way to go is most certainly correct.

I'm currently at level 91.6 and after leveling first to 84 by leeching maggot xp in p8 games, and then doing p1 urdars from 84 onwards I can conclude/confirm that:
  • Leveling by leeching maggot xp slows down extremely at level 82
  • Even in p8 games
  • Even if you constantly replace your maggot-killing barb to ensure leechers get better xp (i believe i saw the highest xp gains when the killer was level 74-79)
  • Leveling multiple leechers past 82 on p8 maggots is simply neither fast nor efficient
  • Champion Urdars (not a unique pack) are way way way faster for leveling past 84 and probably even a few levels earlier
  • Urdar leveling slows down considerably at level 90
  • If you roll a map with an Urdar boss pack, it still does not seem to be 100% consistent as to whether the Urdars will be champions or a unique
I'll post a more anecdotal table of info once finished leveling to 93.

For now, i would like to ask you what you remember about the item forwarding shenanigans, discussed in detail by @imakegoosplat. It is not clear to me how to recreate this. Is the correct way to move the item from classic 1.00 to classic 1.1x and then convert it to LOD?

I moved directly into 1.10s LoD with my experiments, but that practice has since been disallowed. I never used any of those items, but I did see a few vastly overpowered ones, like +4 paladin skills amulet, 170+ goldfind belts/boots/amulets and even a 20FCR ring I think. I found no way to predict the results, but forwarding a specific item always resulted in another specific item, meaning you can't just keep forwarding that one rare amulet and expect different results.
The only legal way to move items from pre-LoD is first to 1.07 (LoD or classic shouldn't matter), update them (by starting a game with the mule), and then move onwards. This is specifically to avoid the glitch.

Reactions: ziambe
but that practice has since been disallowed.
Oh i didnt come across that in this thread. Thanks for the info though.

Do you still play 1.00 once in a while? I was thinking item forwarding would be a relatively large project but if it is not allowed 1.00 might dry up for me after hitting 93 and gambling some ammys.

Item forwarding IS allowed, just not glitching their stats so as to get +4 skills amulets, 20fcr rings, 60frw boots and the like. You can still get rares especially, with much higher stats than LoD ones, like 19 str 20 fhr boots with better resists, and level reqs are usually more forgiving too. Also, if you forward uniques from pre-LoD to 1.07+ and stay in classic, they do not gain a level requirement. Very handy to start out at lvl 1 with 2soj and one of the unique amulets. Best twink gear you'll ever come across.

Such items wouldn't comply with forum rules, but they would make for some interesting youtube content when forwarded to D2R and shown off in ultra HD glory...
There is no rule against forwarding SoJs, so if you want legit annis for all your D2R chars, all you have to do is declare being a time traveler in your trade profile if you have one.

Could be random. Try bringing them to 1.07 and check with atma the fingerprints and which % defense they have.

wow, i have not seen this before. don't normal legit identical rares drop with the same durability too? these don't, even as a percentage of total durability.

Could be random. Try bringing them to 1.07 and check with atma the fingerprints and which % defense they have.
Too late. I dropped the winged helm for the grand crown and did a few more runs on this map before rerolling. I found at least 1-2 more of both versions, though I only kept the grand crown.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High