1.00 News, Info and Gossip

3. To the best of my knowledge, seem to recall getting Uniques from both Flamespike and Bone Ash [in Cathedral.] So if ones Grailing Classic might be worthwhile target/s, incl whole level.
i'm pretty sure that in 1.00-1.06, unique monsters like flamespike can only drop magic items (plus a potion or tome), except in act 4 where they have a chance to drop rares.

Luna's gambling habit [Fwdd to v1.07 only to archive in ATMA] - seems very rare to have a single item with 30-40 both Lightning and Fire Resists, which are Sorcs main concern.

Beast Wing
Amulet
Required Level: 45
Item Version: Classic
Item Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0x3f5427e5
+5 to Dexterity
+58 to Life
+34 to Mana
+3 to Minimum Damage
Lightning Resist +26%
+1 to Sorceress Skill Levels

Death Scarab
Amulet
Required Level: 8
Item Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0x684a8f41
+49 to Mana
+6 to Maximum Stamina
Fire Resist +19%
Lightning Resist +18%
Cold Resist +20%
Poison Resist +19%
40% Extra Gold from Monsters
10% Faster Cast Rate

Rune Beads
Amulet
Required Level: 18
Item Level: 89
Fingerprint: 0x2e7152f6
+3 to Minimum Damage
Lightning Resist +48%
Adds 2-7 poison damage over 3 seconds
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+1 to Light Radius

Viper Grasp
Ring
Required Level: 18
Item Level: 43
Fingerprint: 0x42ac7bf9
+8 to Strength
+1 to Dexterity
+59 to Mana
+3 to Maximum Damage
Lightning Resist +22%
Poison Resist +29%

Bitter Grasp
Ring
Required Level: 33
Item Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0x5bd5fc2b
+9 to Dexterity
+8 to Life
Fire Resist +40%
Poison Resist +41%
22% Better Chance of Gettin

Corruption Knot
Ring
Required Level: 22
Item Level: 44
Fingerprint: 0x6181e8d1
+9 to Life
+37 to Mana
Lightning Resist +34%
Poison Resist +32%
6% Life stolen per hit
10% Faster Cast Rate

Edit epilogue -
Hanging around in Classic until lvl 92-93 to check out the +2 Amulets she did gamble one something like -
+2 Barbarian and
+2 Necromancer and
+1 Amazon
Which, as it was of no used to her, she promptly threw on the ground and stormed off never to be seen again. The Amulet not Luna. Didn't even get a screenshot.

Last edited:
@Barl
Honestly don't recall which difficulty it would have been and could have dropped from Flamespike's crew. Besides I thought uniques could drop from anyone anything anywhere. Would swear I've had a Soj drop from a Shaman/Fallen - die so fast hard to tell which - during Gem shrine running between Rogue Camp and Stony Field [again difficulty uncertain]

@Excalibur Didn't see any mention of your Cold Mastery pts?
For an Orb build my aim is 20 pts in both Orb and Cold Mastery iirc by Level 46-ish?
With regards to Maxing Static and Warmth allocate points based on how close you want to stand to opposition [Static] and Mana+Refresh your set-up provides [Warmth]
My Sorc can continuously spam (low lvl) FB, or GS, and still replenish Mana for the next Orb. Notwithstanding gear requirements (STR 80 Goldskin DEX 51 S/Shard) all other skill points going into Vitality.
While there's no item level requirement to equip gear my understanding/experience is that it does factor into gambling where for best results one needs to be within cooee of the item level. With two exceptions all my Sorcs gear is gambled.
Hotspur (5) Nightsmoke (20) Magefist (23) Spectral (25) Goldskin (28) and Soj (1 but at 50K a lot later) plus Rare Amulet "Beast Wing" + Ring "Viper Grasp" - as mentioned earlier post.
[Gull (4) Chance (15) Frosties (29) in stash]
Exceptions, for want of anything better - P/Diamond Shield (P/gem stats can vary) and P/Sapp x24's Crown (48 Mana) - Act2 (N) Fara for 3os shields and forget who sell 2os Crowns?
Having said all that it's not to say I've not tried either a full Iratha's Build nor a full 5x +1 skill build. (Tarn, Culwen's Sigon's, Mage, and Silks)

Edit spelling/grammer and just wanted to add IMO - Best NPC = Fara for One-stop Heal and Repair with Stash and Cane nearby.
Edit2 Rares will change their names Fwdd to v1.07 but afixes will remain the same.

Introducing Baroness Luna.jpg

Last edited:
Best place to farm Maggots has to be Maggot Liar, level 3, just outside Cold Wom the Burrower's room.
That is indeed a great place my issue is that I wanted to add some players in for more experience and that strange thing that they don't lay eggs happens.
@Excalibur Didn't see any mention of your Cold Mastery pts
I kind of deserted that character, using it only for Normal Cows for Soj. At least she is good at that.
Now I am leveling a new one for Hell cows hoping to get some good rare rings. Maxing Glacial Spike now and Meteor.
Glacial Spike just helps everywhere especially when farming the maggots while with the Meteor I hope to bring down the Cow king in Hell quickly.
Not sure if Cold Mastery is worth it at this case? Since I pretty much help this character with items and rush, I avoided putting points into Warmth so that will leave me with some extra skill points.

The maggots also don't seem to lay eggs for me, so I'm levelling up a new barb the old fashioned way. (Or I guess maybe I should call it the new fashioned way..)

I have two laptops both with 1.0 installed, both with NO CD patch. Both use the same CD Key if that matters. When I try to TCP/IP with myself using the local network IP over wifi I get error "cannot connect to server". Do I need Hamachi? Do I need port forwarding? Any ideas? I would like to be able to mule with myself and multi instance dll doesn't working for me.

Now that I think about it, the host laptop has multi instance .dll on it and the joiner doesn't, would that affect ability to join? When trying to launch a 2nd instance there is no error message that I can only have one instance at a time, but it also doesn't launch a 2nd instance. It has a bit of a think, and then nothing happens.

When trying to launch a 2nd instance there is no error message that I can only have one instance at a time, but it also doesn't launch a 2nd instance. It has a bit of a think, and then nothing happens.

You need to launch the game via game.exe. DiabloII.exe won't work.

Can the laptops see each other on the network? Swap files back and forth? TCP/IPv4 installed on both? Firewall configured to let traffic thru (on both)?

WoRG

I have two laptops both with 1.0 installed, both with NO CD patch. Both use the same CD Key if that matters. When I try to TCP/IP with myself using the local network IP over wifi I get error "cannot connect to server". Do I need Hamachi? Do I need port forwarding? Any ideas? I would like to be able to mule with myself and multi instance dll doesn't working for me.

Bit late reply but first of all, I would recommend trying out connecting via what is public IP of the host laptop for starters. While internal IP might work, like multiclienting on the same PC you can join with 127.0.0.1 with any other multiclient executables once you just host the game, it is worth starting from there as I haven't used another PC in ages for multiclienting. You can see your public IP either by checking your router or searching for website that does it for you. From there make sure both computers allow traffic for the game in software firewall at the very least. Minor caveat: if you are using proxy or VPN or so, the public IP given will be different and the best solution is to check directly via router.

If neither public (or internal) IPs work out after that, your best bet is to just port forward. 4000 and 6112 for TCP should be enough, not sure if both are necessary or only one. Depending on your router you may have to also specify which PC it redirects said port forwarding, so make sure you use correct internal address there if necessary.

If port forwarding, software firewall permits and alike still do not result into results, it may be necessary to enable some legacy features in Win10 if host laptop is using it. If we are talking about Linux, then unfortunately it might be game of a lot of googling in case of trouble.

Been a while since I played a sorceress. Can she do hell cow king reliably? Static isn't great due to high lightning resistance, so what spells do you use?

For normal, i onlu use frozen orb (aim it to the side of king). If the orb makes contact with anything, all shards and the orb will stop doing damage.

I dont bother with nightmare or hell. Nightmare is pointless (no worthwhile new affix possibilities) and hell is too much of a pain with sorc. One day i might make a ww barb for hell, but i am not sure if that is actually viable.

On that note, i wonder if a bowa/hammer/fire golem necro would be viable hell cow king farmers @WoRG @Derklord @art_vandelay ?

I made a Frozen Orb for Hell Cows but it didn't work well.
Working on another Sorceress for Hell Cows aiming for Meteor with Glacial Spike. If I recall correctly from years ago, Meteor will one hit the cow king. My plan is to roll a map with a Portal next to the cow, throw a meteor with a few Glacial Spikes if needed and farm for rare rings.

I made a Frozen Orb for Hell Cows but it didn't work well.
Working on another Sorceress for Hell Cows aiming for Meteor with Glacial Spike. If I recall correctly from years ago, Meteor will one hit the cow king. My plan is to roll a map with a Portal next to the cow, throw a meteor with a few Glacial Spikes if needed and farm for rare rings.
Never had a problem with 20 FO 20 CM for Hell cows - although sometimes its neccessary to immediately teleport to a less populated area Eg outer boundary.
Easier to Gamble Rares -

Attachments

• Screenshot5 (1).jpg
    Screenshot5 (1).jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot6 (1).jpg
    Screenshot6 (1).jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot7 (1).jpg
    Screenshot7 (1).jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 14
On that note, i wonder if a bowa/hammer/fire golem necro would be viable hell cow king farmers @WoRG @Derklord @art_vandelay ?
Hammerdin murders everything (untwinked even), no idea about Bowa but I can't imagine she is ever efficient at this in 1.00.

What do you mean by Fire Golem? Like how does he kill cows at all? :p

Been a while since I played a sorceress. Can she do hell cow king reliably? Static isn't great due to high lightning resistance, so what spells do you use?
Blizzard Sorcs quite good for running Hell Cow King. And fun!
Without the timer delay the whole screen virtually "whites-out" and no ones left standing.

What do you mean by Fire Golem? Like how does he kill cows at all? :p
I thought there was some bug with fire golem that makes the necro immortal? Like p2w without the p :p

I guess that was probably blood golem and/or a different patch...

Blood golem is the one. Iron Maiden + Blood golem = immortal blood golem because it leeches the damage from IM.

Blood golem is the one. Iron Maiden + Blood golem = immortal blood golem because it leeches the damage from IM.
absolutely agree. don't forget the corpse explosion. there are only a couple places in the game which don't have enough melee-attacking characters to make this anything less than comfortable. act bosses can be difficult in later difficulties but still doable with enough persistence (remember act bosses do not regenerate health).

in addition, when running cow king, if you find an ideal map (i.e., one whose starting portal position is inside the coral of corruption), casting the golem and spamming iron maiden for a second then corpse explosion fast enough can result in relatively decent setups for manipulating the position of the king to attempt to get the same drops over and over again, since the cows will swarm the golem. i have managed to get identical rare items this way, though none so far have been any good, so i've been continuing to reroll maps.

Reactions: ziambe
Hello everyone,

my question is not exactly for this particular patch but somewhat related, so i didnt know where else to post...

In Treeharls 1.00 Cow King running guide it says:
Lower Kurast can be ran under 25 seconds with 6 superchests. This means you get a rare item every 3 runs. With lances and grim helms in the pool of 1.06 Lower Kurast I personally have to say it is the best run for decent prelod items.

Well, i have an LK Sorc running now in 1.05 and i have to say i'm quite devastated by the poor outcome.

I dont know how Treeharl came up with these numbers, but my rare count is about one rare every 15-30 runs at best. The item pool is bigger than in 1.00, which means a higher chance of getting a rare item of a junk itemtype. In addition, my personal impression (i did not test this to verify) is, that the map seed determins which items the chests pop more frequently or at all. Is that possible?

So my question is: Does anyone here have experience with classic rares hunting in 1.05/1.06 LK? How come that Treeharl is so convinced of it as the best source for classic rares? What am i missing?

Thx in advance for any replies

Are you making sure to follow the same walking (or teleporting) path every time? Doing runs like these is basically trying to manipulate the pRNG in the game for the most consistency.

imo just run cow king ( by starting over in 1.00 :p ), unlesss you're looking for an item of a type which the king cannot drop.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High