1.00 News, Info and Gossip

Unless a nice friendly forum member sends you a SC character, no way I know of in Classic.

I was curious about how Barbarian Masteries are calculated and displayed, since it was mentioned that Mastery bonuses are multiplicative (in addition to the 2% criticals/level). This Jarulf post confirmed what I was looking for:
  1. Mastery ED% is multiplicative, a la old Strafe/GA
  2. Also like Strafe/GA, the LCS displays the damage as if it were additive
Since there's no easy rule for manually calculating weapon damage like there was for slvl 20 Strafe (bow damage times dex bonus times two), I wondered if there was a way to find a single number to multiply pre-Mastery damage by (weapon times strength plus combat skill) and get an average damage.

Critical hits can be treated as a final multiplier of (1+critrate) on damage:
Code:
Where c=critrate and d=damage, the expected value of damage is:
2cd + (1-c)d
2cd + (d - cd)
cd + d
d(1+c)

So the 2% crit/slvl adds a multiplier of (1+.02 * slvl) to damage. Not bad! The ED% (25% + 5%/slvl) is also multiplicative, so we have two multipliers applied by Mastery:
Code:
(.05s + 1.25)(.02s + 1)
.001s^2 + .075s + 1.25
An exponent - how exciting! :D Punching in values of s, we get...
Code:
1   1.326
5   1.65
10  2.1
15  2.6
20  3.15
25  3.75
The .001 coefficient on the s^2 keeps it from getting too exciting, regrettably :p Subtract .02 from each of these multipliers for Mace/Sword/Axe Masteries - I'll never understand the discrepancy.

So, in short, at slvl 20 Mastery, the rule-of-thumb for calculating final average damage is:
(base weapon) * (Strength/100 + WW) * 3.15

cow king running 101

find a map like this
View attachment 15475

then learn how to keep consistent movement patterns and things until you can force many failed uniques like this
View attachment 15476
or this
View attachment 15477

keep doing this and you'll be rich both from the rares that end up being good, but also sell all the crap ancient armors and winged helms, death masks, etc for 20-25k apiece. use all that gold to gamble for whatever, usually low cost high reward stuff like 7k for a tarnhelm or 7k for a regular belt, all the boots under 20k, or the unique bone shield for casters

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High