1.00 News, Info and Gossip

Treeharl

May 22, 2016
Thought I would start a thread for general 1.00 news, info and gossip! Hopefully we can update this whenever we have something interesting to report, or just to say hello. (Awefull copy paste by Treeharl from the 1.07 News Info and Gossip thread by Alienboyz).

Anyways since there isn't such a thread on the SPF form I decided to create it. Since I personally reached level 90 it is kinda my honor to do so. I saw 1.00 information getting shatteered all across the forum so yeah this topic is just a why the hell not topic. For all your 1.00 needs what do you need to know etc etc with pinatasauce and pharblades or like the lame Treeharl way. So yeah may this topic serves your 1.00 endeavors well.

Treeharl King of 1.00 and slayer of 1.00 extra fast Lord de Seis.

Also why you should play 1.00:
View attachment 4728
And because its the best ring ever (aigain)
View attachment 4729

Links:
Helvete's Time traveling guide:
https://www.purediablo.com/forums/t...vortex-part-2-a-guide-to-version-1-00.933726/
Cow King run guide (by me):
https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/treeharls-1-00-cow-king-running-guide.933908/
How to get some items + what should you looking for (by me):
https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/1-00-item-guide-how-to-gain-certain-items.934938/

Last edited:
@Lemma Good you bought the maggot point up but I get 281 exp from a maggot with the 1/5 exp penalty at players one. So your 1k xp at level 84 with a full game matches what I was telling you as 5% exp rule. The one with the killing blow always gets 10% xp on top of that. But with the bug you should change your powerleveling a bit indeed. (It was a bit coincidence I found out this bug actually happens).

Also I would like to know how your cpu can handle 7 gamefolders as I can't get past 5 without getting trouble.

If you have more than 1 core (very likely), then make sure to set affinity for each game.exe in such a way that you have at least one core free of any game.exe process. Bad programming will otherwise cause the game.exe processes to hog all the resources of your computer over time.

Myself, I run 4 cores (pretty common) and leave 2 of them free of game.exe processes. I only get trouble if I leave 8 clients up overnight.

I've been eyeing your 1.00 adventures, nice going! Maybe also link to your Cow King running guide and helvete's guide to 1.00 in the opening post if some future readers happens to start from here? :)

I thought the other day that I should at some point venture to pre-LoD classic.

My main interest (apart from the experience as a whole, maybe) would be to improve my 1.13 gold finders belt and boots. How hard are those 11x GF belts and boots to come by? At what level can I gamble those?

Are the LK racks stable in 1.00 btw? Could you run some armor rack for example for fast(ish) gold?

Good advice Grape, links are up :).

About rackrunning on LK. Yes they are very stable, very very stable.... So stable they get decayed after 7 drops.... They don't drop exeptional armors I believe and they don't drop wands (RIP Grim Wand hunting!!!) Generally Lower Kurast hell is usefull for superchests which spawn rare Tower Shields and Pavises but thats about it.

Also this happened when leveling up my necro....
View attachment 4734

Damn, @helvete.

So oh well, maybe I'll start this after RFL is over. I have also got itch to play some 1.07 again, but we'll see.

lol what happens when your necro saves and exits? talks to akara?

IN theory it may be plausible that wands can drop from racks since they can bug out in later versions (unsure about early versions, but 1.10+ certainly can). The reason is a bug, I'm sure, but it happens very rarely. You can make it happen more often by running a rack early in the game like in countess's area. You can even get stuff like exploding potions.

Well its decent for 1.07 (mf is actually usefull there on a sorc) but frankly not that decent for 1.00. I figured out normal dmg reduce is the most important stat on a sorc amu (even more important as sorc skills or fcr!). Why, because dmg reduce is applied indefiniatly before es. Works aigainst all monsters in the game (even dia and his inferno). Aaand as I promised, this is my best find while hunting for level 90. If you want to utilise that amu its just for a normal grim wand hunting sorceress.

View attachment 4738

Also when the nec gets another batch of leach his hp jumps to full aigain. That bug triggered in a 5 player game aigainst izual. Izual hp overflows and as such my hp underflows.... 1.00 is crazy!

@Lemma Good you bought the maggot point up but I get 281 exp from a maggot with the 1/5 exp penalty at players one. So your 1k xp at level 84 with a full game matches what I was telling you as 5% exp rule. The one with the killing blow always gets 10% xp on top of that. But with the bug you should change your powerleveling a bit indeed. (It was a bit coincidence I found out this bug actually happens).

Yeah after doing a bit more farming I've noticed that the xp gain dropped off a lot more than I'd initially thought after I hit level 84. Before hitting 84 I was leveling fast enough that I never really bothered to check how much xp I was getting per maggot. I'm convinced now that I was wrong and the maggots are in fact level 74. And I didn't know about the 10% bonus for the killing blow but that seems to explain the lower xp my barb got when I had my sorc get the killing blow.

Also I would like to know how your cpu can handle 7 gamefolders as I can't get past 5 without getting trouble.

I'm guessing it's because I use Linux and its process scheduler (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Completely_Fair_Scheduler) deals with this type of situation better. Running 8 processes will keep my CPU (a quad-core i7-4770K) running at max, but won't affect the performance of Diablo II, or of other things I'm running at the same time. The kernel only lets them hog as much CPU as isn't needed by other processes. I haven't done anything to manually set the process priority or core affinity, this is just the default behavior.

Still strugeling a bit, I can setup 5 clients after that desinc gets gather bad.

Buttt.... here is some gameplay of my new necro, 211 mf. He is still leveling though so don't get your hopes too high up. Gear etc is shown in the videos.

Gameplay:
Bonefarming:

In addition to ensuring at least one core isn't used to run the games at all, try using this: http://mion.faireal.net/BES/ (on windows or something equivalent for mac/linux)

Essentially, what it allows you to do is to pick out the instances of the game running and limits their CPU time by periodically forcing them to sleep. The lack of sleep commands in the game code tends to be the big reason various D2 versions will hog all the CPU they can, so this works out nicely. So, for mules/rushees that you don't really need to swap too past setting up/moving acts you can severely inhibit them (10-20% or so); And any characters that are going to be 'in area' for xp leeching or something, you can set to 50-75% or some such. Whichever process is hosting the game, should also probably be allowed 50-70% as well, depending on your cpu speeds (it may also be helpful to set the game host to a higher priority than the others to reduce desync and such).
From the Documentation said:
NOTE: This percentage is always relative. If the target originally used the CPU 80%, and if you set limiter −50%, then the CPU load by the target would be 40%. If the original CPU load increased to 90%, then the result by throttling would be 45%.

Something else to keep in mind is:
From the Documentation said:
Starting from version 1.5.x, you can tweak the Sleep/Awake Cycle (frequency) of BES, in milliseconds. This may be handy for example when you want to throttle a game process while keeping the visual smooth. Try a smaller value like 40 in such a case, instead of the default value, 100. Notice, a 40-millisecond cycle means that the visual can be redrawn, in theory, 25 times a second, allowing a 25-fps movie to play without being jumpy. Do not use a too small value, though (the smaller it gets, the less accurate control you get).

The latest version apparently increases the number of processes that can be limited in this way, making it more useful to this purpose; though I haven't tested it yet, myself. It doesn't directly interfere with the software or cpu directly either, but more like stands between them like a border checkpoint. Periodically making the line of processes wait, so that the cpu doesn't get too busy/crowded.

@Espr that sounds really great.. But, I am playing d2 nowadays with a laptop with a monocore i3 in my case and as such I can't distribute process affinity within cores. What I also would like to know is do I have to set these affinities every time while joining with every single clients or does it work straight from each game.exe indefiniatly. Still thanks for the info though.

Some finds I haven't shown:
View attachment 4749

I don't know of a way to set affinities/priorities permanently in windows, especially, not for a specific instance of X copies of a single executable, sorry.

Is there a drop calculator for 1.00 somewhere, similar to the one ATMA provides for 1.07+? And/or any information on how exactly MF works in 1.00, apart from only affecting normal monsters and not bosses? I've been experimenting with clearing Act 4 and cows in 8 player games with 200 MF and so far the results have been pretty lackluster. I'm trying to get Rattlecage but I'm starting to wonder if I should just suck it up and gamble for one. At least it would mean less time spent popping in and out of the cow portal to refresh the gamble screen if I was burning 400k+ in one go when a Gothic Plate showed up. I'd also be interested in data on bonefarming odds if any exists.

Also, any thoughts on whether it's worthwhile to max another poison/bone skill after CE on a necro? My necro spends a pretty high percentage of his time waiting for IM+Blood Golem to produce that first corpse, especially in areas where monsters are more spread out, and only really shines in areas like cows where conditions are ideal for CE. This is especially true in 8 player games, where I spend most of my time, since CE kills just as fast, but getting that first corpse becomes a lot slower. It'd definitely be nice to have another offensive skill, I just don't know if any of them are viable in 1.00.

There isn't such a drop calculator but I can give you an estimate on rattlecage (I found two myself). First we look which monsters actually drop the most gothic plates, we find out Urdars, Cliff Lurkers and Dark Familiars drop only 25% the amount of gothic plates we should expect. If you encounter those monsters in your mapseed don't bother. Then we move up to some actual chance:
Act4-HtH is responsible for Gothic Plates. Due to a "bug" all act4 monsters also drop partially from "Act4-Caster". I believe your chance of finding a Gothic Plate would be combining the odds of Act4 HtH, Act4 Caster and Act 4 Misc which results in a plain value of 52, them we should apply the good drops aswell (30 possiblilities with low odds, lets estimate 10%) we get 55. Now we have always a 10% nodrop at p5+ so our 55 increases to 61. Now if we apply 0,33% uniques with 200 mf% your rattle cage has a drop of 1 in 18518 with 5 players in the game.

Buttt. Is Rattlecage that good? Imo if you want to hurt things bad you need to switch your lovely pike with a Partizan or a Bec de Corbin and use a rare ornate with FHR, high def and dex and if possible also 4x lr (fhr matters when going in ww).

I play a CE necro and I accept the fact I can't beat Lord de Seis and Diablo. This fact doesn't hurt my playstile as I REALLY DONT WANT my nec to get ABOVE LEVEL 74. A ce necro is by far the best option passing xp down to other charcters. You have to accept the wait with Corpse explosion and imo run p5 (which results in the same amount of items anyway!). If you want to skill something skill Fire Golem or Golem Mastery for Cow Level. A CE necro shines with 200 mf in cow level (done in less than 4 min. P8 is overkill and slows you down unless you really want to pass as much xp possible.

There isn't such a drop calculator but I can give you an estimate on rattlecage (I found two myself). First we look which monsters actually drop the most gothic plates, we find out Urdars, Cliff Lurkers and Dark Familiars drop only 25% the amount of gothic plates we should expect. If you encounter those monsters in your mapseed don't bother. Then we move up to some actual chance:
Act4-HtH is responsible for Gothic Plates. Due to a "bug" all act4 monsters also drop partially from "Act4-Caster". I believe your chance of finding a Gothic Plate would be combining the odds of Act4 HtH, Act4 Caster and Act 4 Misc which results in a plain value of 52, them we should apply the good drops aswell (30 possiblilities with low odds, lets estimate 10%) we get 55. Now we have always a 10% nodrop at p5+ so our 55 increases to 61. Now if we apply 0,33% uniques with 200 mf% your rattle cage has a drop of 1 in 18518 with 5 players in the game.

Buttt. Is Rattlecage that good? Imo if you want to hurt things bad you need to switch your lovely pike with a Partizan or a Bec de Corbin and use a rare ornate with FHR, high def and dex and if possible also 4x lr (fhr matters when going in ww).

I play a CE necro and I accept the fact I can't beat Lord de Seis and Diablo. This fact doesn't hurt my playstile as I REALLY DONT WANT my nec to get ABOVE LEVEL 74. A ce necro is by far the best option passing xp down to other charcters. You have to accept the wait with Corpse explosion and imo run p5 (which results in the same amount of items anyway!). If you want to skill something skill Fire Golem or Golem Mastery for Cow Level. A CE necro shines with 200 mf in cow level (done in less than 4 min. P8 is overkill and slows you down unless you really want to pass as much xp possible.

I was thinking of using the Rattlecage for a gold find barb, with the CB helping to kill champion packs with dual patriarchs. I figured with how often WW hits, the CB would trigger so often that the low weapon damage would hardly matter. I've been saving gold find rares and gambled a pair of chance guards and a couple tarnhelms, so I have something at least decent for every other gear slot except for an amulet, and I was also thinking that farming urdar champion packs would be a really good way to get to a high level for gambling amulets, so gambling Rattlecage instead of amulets now might help me gamble more amulets later. I gambled Goblin Toe awhile back, so I could use those for CB, but I have some pretty good rares with gold find I'd much rather use instead.

And I'm not sure how many act 4 full clears it takes to kill 18518 monsters but considering it's kind of a pain to do with 200 MF (either on sorc or necro) compared to how fast a barb just tears through everything except CS, I'm thinking I might want to go ahead and gamble it after all. Just selling the drops from one act 4 clear nets enough gold that the barb's faster killing speed probably trumps the MF, though I could also do pretty well with a lesser amount of MF on the barb, say 100. At the very least, I can easily use my 48% tarnhelm over wormskull, especially since my current pike has 5% life leech so I can definitely afford to give up a little from another slot.

The other thing to consider is that I'm going to be doing a bunch more cow king runs regardless, since I'm still looking for a lot of stuff he can drop (including a good rare ornate plate like you mention), so I can use the gold I make doing that to gamble Rattlecage. And if I'm going to wait to gamble mass amulets until I have a higher level character (highest currently is about two-thirds of the way to 86), there's not that much else to spend gold on right now (not counting sashes and boots since I always grab those when they show up on the gamble screen, but they are so cheap it hardly makes a difference).

I'm certainly keeping an eye out for any good rare polearms that might drop, especially once I get my gold find barb farming urdar champions since I think they have a pretty decent chance to drop rares (though a Grim Scythe with -40% requirements from cow king could work too). But I'm still using a relatively mediocre pike since I've had pretty bad luck with them so in terms of difficulty vs benefit I think it makes sense to keep trying for a better pike from cow king for now.

And yeah CE tears through cows, MF gear or not, and there's definitely no need to put points in anything else for cow runs but that's pretty much the ideal environment for CE and I was hoping to make my necro kill faster elsewhere, especially since it seems like there are plenty of skill points to go around. What's the logic behind putting points in fire golem though? I don't see the reason to use it over blood golem.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High