MF/RF Tournament - Sign-up and Running

Nice man. Astreons is one of the items on my all time grail I’ve yet to find. Two green Caduceus but not a sungle gold one. RNG is so weird though, like IK’s Soul Cage. I’d never found one before this restart(it’s been over a year and a half now so maybe not new anymore), but I have found six of them now. Not a single golden Sacred Armor though.

Uhhh...a bit premature surely, it doesn't start until it ticks over to Saturday local time.

Yeah so!? I said „tomorrow“ right!? (Ok I really thought it was Friday. :rolleyes:)

@smloeffelholz Bad timing indeed, but grats nonetheless on Astreon's! It's really rare, one of my 3 grailers as well..

I'd like to enter my zealot! I will run pits for the level 85 zone. This is my first ever event! How do you guys record the 20 hour batches? Just use a stopwatch when you login or something? Also I'm a little unclear about the batches. So basically it's your best finds within one 20 hour batch, however multiple batches are allowed? Is this to curb the super grinders a bit so that they don't just put in 35 hours straight and have a big advantage over the people who play only 20 hours total? Do you need a total of 20 hours or can it be less?

Thanks guys! I'll update the sheet once im on my PC

Last edited:
@Trapin' Your understanding re multiple batches is correct, and no you don't need to run the full 20h, it can be less. The reasoning behind the 20h cap is indeed to have everyone run for the same amount of time for scoring purposes. Running longer still has merits (your next 20h can score higher), but it's a rather small advantage vis-à-vis someone who "only" finds the time for one set.

So, people are sticking with their choice of areas and builds? I for one respec'ed my Pit Berserker to WW to gain a couple of levels on him before the MFO. Because of that I'm sorely tempted to run his crazy new Pit map on P8 for this, instead of going Necro. Probably similar efficiency for S&Us, though his rune finds would likely be terrible...

@Trapin' Nice. Good luck.

20 hours is indeed measured by using a stopwatch or something similar.

Reminder to everyone: muling time is included in the 20 hours !!

Indeed. Also since I didn't expressly mention it, for the avoidance of doubt I edited the first post to add that poppable drops do not count except for LK runes.

Curious as to how this whole format plays out. :)

Hey guys, I've been "refreshing my D2 batteries" a little (like they don't recharge overnight, eh) :p Only done few hours of random gaming since my 99.

Feels I'm ready for this. Gonna start with Pits and Poison Nec and see how it goes...

Curious as to how this whole format plays out. :)

Me too :) I'm sure it will be great!

I was planning to dump bunch of unidentified stuff to a gomule stash every time I'm muling, and sort through those charms, jewels etc. once the tournament is over. Hope that would be ok? Should be kind of exciting to see afterwards if you got anything nice!

@Grape Yeah I almost got worried by your absence! ;)

I was planning to dump bunch of unidentified stuff to a gomule stash every time I'm muling, and sort through those charms, jewels etc. once the tournament is over. Hope that would be ok? Should be kind of exciting to see afterwards if you got anything nice!

Sure that's fine! Just wanted time spent in GoMule to count, that's about it really.

Sorry dudes, I can't join this one. I have too much going on with other games and project at the moment.

Good luck everybody! Looking forward to see all your Chams, Zods, Mang songs and unique Sacred armors!

Is it ok to take screenshots of items i find instead of muling them? My character is full and I don't use any extended stash programs

Category 1
Targets:
Level 85 areas, Pindle+, Cow level
-------------------
ffs
PhineasB
Hutton
ioupainmax
NanoMist
RIP
CrustyRusty
smloeffelholz
pharphis
Pb_pal
Grape
mulligan
Shuffleblast
Locohead
ziambe
darkstarhub
Trappin'

-------------------
Category 2
Targets:
Baal & waves
-------------------
Friiser
ziambe

-------------------
Category 3
Target:
Nihlathak
-------------------
Yng
T72on1

Yay i started my runs today. Doing pits on players 3... first two runs took me 6 and 8 minutes from login to finishing level 2 of pits (I do full clear) Slow and steady is going to be my plan :cool:

I'm switching over to my original target Baal, now that there's actually a bit of competition. It's too dark in the tunnels and I can't seem to find (or recognize) a good map.

Category 1
Targets:
Level 85 areas, Pindle+, Cow level
-------------------
ffs
PhineasB
Hutton
ioupainmax
NanoMist
RIP
CrustyRusty
smloeffelholz
pharphis
Pb_pal
Grape
mulligan
Locohead
ziambe
darkstarhub
Trappin'

-------------------
Category 2
Targets:
Baal & waves
-------------------
Friiser
ziambe
Shuffleblast

-------------------
Category 3
Target:
Nihlathak
-------------------
Yng
T72on1

I did some test running from lvl 82-92 on p7... nothing spectacular, but still ok.

View attachment 10223

View attachment 10224

Yes, its not allowed...

As for me, satisfied with first hour, got 11M of experience which is very nice, i can reach lvl 94 before tournament ends ;)

Going very well so far...need to do this more often!

Good luck everybody, may your drops be even better than mine! Mua ha ha !;)

Agreed...

Not even three hours in, and i'm so happy and satisfied, that even zero drops in the rest of the tourney will make no difference :) So glad that i joined this tourney ;)

Am I too late to jump in? I have caught my annual D2 itch again and tempted to jump straight back in with my Hammerdin running in Chaos Sanctuary.

Am I too late to jump in? I have caught my annual D2 itch again and tempted to jump straight back in with my Hammerdin running in Chaos Sanctuary.

I think you can join just fine. Welcome back !!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High