Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

That sucks, you sound like you were the reasonable one but its Facebook so theirs nothing reasonable about it. I wouldn't drive yourself crazy over it, not much you can do. People suck.

I'm frustrated, anxious and not doing well. Too much stupidity, and illogical reasoning happening around me lately, and it's wearing me down. It's a shame that people with the power to create a big difference (like this group to reunite lost pets with their owners) are so petty and are their only to fill their superiority complex, that they will ban someone for PM'ing them about advocating research and informed decision making, as opposed to a blanket 'these people are all scammers.'

It's just been so much lately. Plus, last night my semi-new car was almost potentially wrecked. Some genius pull out in front of me going 50km (not fast, but if the engine were to be damaged, I wonder how much a replacement engine would cost,) and it's not like they didn't see me. They stopped to give way, and as I was almost on them, they decided that would be the time to go.
I had it on dashcam, but my dashcam doesn't seem to work if it gets dark. I'll have to grab my cables and play with the video when I can.

Drystan, that is very frustrating alright, and when there's a series of events like that it feels the world has gone mad. In a way it has, with people having power and not able to use it responsibily, but there's not much you can do except walk away. Some people can't be helped. Although even before Facebook etc it was already like that, I've only ever been banned twice from a forum, once for asking for help repeatedly and when not getting any help but just sneers I got angry (doesn't happen so much these days, nowadays I'd just walk away) and once for sarcasm. On another forum I was "adviced to leave" for "putting the fox amongst the chickens and not behaving in accordance with the forum policy." I left.

Wow,all those old-timers still around? And why is it suddenly tea? It used to be beer back in the days... :p How is everyone?

@Drystan: Can't expect to have such tier 1 mods like we do have here everywhere else on the Internet, it seems ;-) you were perfectly in the right IMHO...but to quote my dad: "Recht haben und Recht kriegen sind zwei verschiedene Paar Schuhe" (Being in the right and winning one's case are two very different things"

Now someone hand me a beer, please, before I leave yet again!

**** people and their self-centered, self-indulgent, and self-superiority egos. Give me more dogs.

Cats. You mean cats.

People suck.

That can't be news.

I'm frustrated, anxious and not doing well. Too much stupidity, and illogical reasoning happening around me lately, and it's wearing me down.

Wanna trade? Asked my manager last Oktober(ish) to get me a new assignment at a different company. Starting this week i have a new manager. So i asked him about it. And the answer confirmed what i already strongly suspected. They hadn't done anything with it so far (hadn't heard anything so i felt it coming).

On the other hand i got news that i got enrolled in a course i never said i wanted to follow. Nor did i get asked if i wanted to or told that they did before they actually enrolled me. And my new manager didn't know anything about that either as my old manager got sick so he had yet to be informed about everything that was going on with the people that got transferred to him.

Wow,all those old-timers still around?

Who are you calling old? (Hey! How are you? *waves*)

Know the feeling, really hate my job lately, in the past 4 years i somehow got into plumbing and heating, i am off this week but i really dread going back on Monday. Its not a bad job but it kicks the shit out of me with my health issues and its only me, my boss and a new guy so i do mostly everything on the bigger jobs. Plus i hate being on call. Screw tea, i need a shot of jack.

Now someone hand me a beer, please, before I leave yet again!

My rule is "no beer before sunset" when drinking beer on my own.

*looks out of the window*

Damn summer!

I guess that wouldn't work so well for helvete. IIRC, he lives in Tromsø which is beyond the polar circle, so he probably has midnight sun at the moment :).

Traitor!!11!

Well OK, there's huge barn to the west of my house, so when the sun is behind it, it can count as sunset.

*serves beer

*serves shots

*serves sangria

*serves Dew

*serves wine

Really dark here right now for 6pm. Storms all weekend. Not good....

Hey Grisu!

Grisu said:
Being in the right and winning one's case are two very different things
That relates to me. I can't stand illogic reasonings and plain power-hungry egotistical minds, that will simply ban someone for advocating research and reasoning, in a private message - not even publically debating or attacking them. It just doesn't make sense, and that type of thing is all too common.

@Ariadne - thanks. :) Sometimes when these things happen, I just completely think: Am I just mental and illogical? Is my sense of "logic and reasoning" completely and utterly twisted. We are very self-centered beings after all, so all of our perceptions are biased. It is possible that what I consider to make sense, simply doesn't.

Speaking of tier 1 mods, is @Thyiad okay? I haven't seen anything from her in ages.

@Cyrax - Wow. I feel you there. You can do as much as you can do, but if you ask for anything in return, it's not worth their effort to help you out or follow you up on anything. It must happen in every work place. Best of luck in your new course. I guess?

*serves Jack Daniel's to Dudzy*

Last edited:
@Cyrax - Who let the dogs out? Who? Who? Oh... It was probably me. Definitely more dogs!

krischan said:
My rule is "no beer before sunset" when drinking beer on my own.
Probably wouldn't work here either. In winter (currently,) sunset is about 5:15pm. Not too bad. In summer, it's like 9pm due to daylight savings time.

Got the choice out of 3 starting dates. Choose the one that's in about a week and a half. It sucks as it's partially at the same time the Destiny 2 beta starts. Also it's quite a drive away. Normally about 2 hrs to get there and 2 hrs back. And that 3 days in a row. Reason i still planned it for those days is that a) it's just before my holiday so at least i can spend that without this over my head and b) Since holidays are starting here i hope the roads will be quieter, possibly saving me an hour a day in traveling time.

I've checked in for my flights. Woohoo!
....they're window seats, for both flights. Boo!!

I'm also still nowhere near getting started on my summer assignment "write an essay on any which book you like"
You'd say that makes it easier, if I can choose any book. But I'm spoiled for choice and don't know which one I can easiest turn into a C2 CPE*) essay.

*) This is not a rp speaking robot on Star Wars

A wacky kamap appears!
BOO!
*Waterballoons everyone in here.*
Skadoodles out grabbing the bottle of A'bunadh.

I didn't want to have to clean up after someone water-ballooned the place!

Fine...

*presses auto-cleaning button*

I got my first smart phone this week. My old car has also been towed away. What a crazy couple of weeks it's been.

@Ariadne - Yay for booked flights. Sorry if I missed it, but are you heading far? Why don't you like window seats? I prefer to be on the window.

What is so confusing about:

A wacky kamap appears! --> when haven't I been wacky, its my normal state.
BOO! --> Sound to spook you and make you look at me so I have a target for my waterballoons
*Waterballoons everyone in here.* --> When its warm and it was warm, water helps cool off and if there are any wet white t-shirts you might have a nice or disturbing view depending on who is wearing said t-shirt.
Skadoodles out grabbing the bottle of A'bunadh. --> Leaving after the crime as not to get any payback is always smart it also gives the people time to plan their revenge cause thats a dish best served cold and why not grab my favourite bottle of single malt whiskey while I'm at it.

It wasn't someone that waterballooned the place it was me!

What type of smartphone you got?
New car towed in?
Crazy couple of years here but what else is new.
Yeah why don't you like the window seat?
I prefer the window seat aswell, though if you like to stretch your legs and such then an aisle seat is better cause you don't bother people that much then.

I got my first smart phone this week. My old car has also been towed away. What a crazy couple of weeks it's been.

Wouldn't it be more logical to get a new car? I'm guessing that does a better job of getting you around then a smart phone.

A wacky kamap appears! --> when haven't I been wacky, its my normal state.

I thought wacky was your 'normal' state?

It wasn't someone that waterballooned the place it was me!

If you're not someone, does that make you something?

Also i got a fine today for speeding. 16km/h too fast. And it's 149 Euro's! Those people are bleeping insane! :mad:

Last edited:
I've been around a bit but not logged in.

Busy weekend. Cat PTS yesterday. Same old.

@
Drystan

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High