Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

I used a full stop to differentialte two sentences. Not a semicolon; this can be used to combine two related independent clauses.

I got a Samsung something-er-other. It's nice. :) It has terrible battery life though. My old dumb phone, I didn't have to charge at all for over a week. But I like whatsapp. A lot.
My old car that was written off months ago finally got towed, and is no longer sitting on the road in front of our house. Now my new car can take its place. Another Toyota.

Bad, bad kamap. 16km over is fast. What was the speed limit, and type of road? I think our fines are fairly close to the equivolent currency.

Hey Thy. Glad things are fairly normal for you. I hope that means all is generally positive for you.

Last edited:
Hi, Thy!

Glad you got your car situation worked out, Dry.

I made a rhyme, and I have no idea why.

@Drystan: I didn't speed, I don't even know how to drive a car and I don't own one at all.

@Cyrax:Yes "wacky" is my normal state thats what I said and she said it aswell, I just wanted to point it out to everyone again.
I'm not someone nor something nor the alpha or the omega I'm an enigma!

@Thyiad: Whats cat PTS? Cat Practical Test Standards?

@Oldstegs: Don't worry about it its what old people do from time to time, now try and make a rhiming haiku for a change.

Bad, bad kamap. 16km over is fast. What was the speed limit, and type of road? I think our fines are fairly close to the equivolent currency.

Kamap?! Did you just call me kamap?!! The horror! OMG the horror! :rolleyes:

It was within city limits so max was 50. Limit has nothing to do with safety though as it's perfectly fine to drive 70 there without worries (which is why i was going faster than the limit). It's a place where i think at least 30 or 40% of people go over the limit, though most not by as much as me.

What makes it even worse is that at that place there are often police cars driving (it's near a police station) and i don't think i've even seen 1 police car that held itself to the limit. I'm sure some will have business to attend to that makes it necessary to ignore the limit, but all of them (without sirene or warning lights)? No way i buy that.

@Drystan: I didn't speed, I don't even know how to drive a car and I don't own one at all.

@Cyrax:Yes "wacky" is my normal state thats what I said and she said it aswell, I just wanted to point it out to everyone again.
I'm not someone nor something nor the alpha or the omega I'm an enigma!

You don't know how to drive or own a car? I know Belgium is small, but it's not that small is it?

Enigma? I think i saw in the news this morning that an enigma machine was sold for like 46.000 (?). So now we know what you're worth. :p

Haha crap... I normally catch it, but I get Cyrax and Kamap mixed up more often than I should. At least you're both in the same chain of conversation, so fair mistake.

Our suburban areas are usually 50 or 60, and I agree. Many of them have enough visibility to be 'safe,' and some here are actually difficult to keep to the speed limit. 66 in a 50 zone is considered a lot here (in my mind anyway.)
Completely agree with the police cars doing more than the limit. Most here are good, but you see those where one rule applies to them, and one to everyone else. It happens everywhere, but I'd like to think that it's still the minority.

Someone pour me a drink. My brother and I have been trying to buy a house for months now, and everything we've offered on has had 5+ offers (one had ten!!). We found one yesterday that didn't have any offers, so we put in our offer. It looks like the selling agent disclosed the details of our offer to another party, because we were outbid and had no way to counter-offer. Guess I'll just keep trying :|

That sucks. It is definitely illegal here to disclose details to another party here, but I suspect it happens more often that you might think.

I've checked in for my flights. Woohoo!
....they're window seats, for both flights. Boo!!

I'm also still nowhere near getting started on my summer assignment "write an essay on any which book you like"
You'd say that makes it easier, if I can choose any book. But I'm spoiled for choice and don't know which one I can easiest turn into a C2 CPE*) essay.

*) This is not a rp speaking robot on Star Wars

Where are you going? I too prefer aisle seats, but mainly because I am 190cm and more leg room in an Aisle seat.

Hi, Thy!

Glad you got your car situation worked out, Dry.

I made a rhyme, and I have no idea why.

Because your that kind of guy

Put to sleep.

:(

Thyiad said:
Put to sleep.
Oh Thy. I thought PTS was a light-hearted acronym. I'm sorry to hear your furs are now chasing fluffy balls and relaxing with the fuzzy, warm ball in the sky, but they are now resting peacefully.
That is sad. How were they before the weekend? Was it their time with age, or something else? How long have you had them, and how is it with you at the moment?
I'm sure you gave them a lovely life with you. Feel free to share as much detail, but hope you're doing well.

Haha crap... I normally catch it, but I get Cyrax and Kamap mixed up more often than I should. At least you're both in the same chain of conversation, so fair mistake.

Our suburban areas are usually 50 or 60, and I agree. Many of them have enough visibility to be 'safe,' and some here are actually difficult to keep to the speed limit. 66 in a 50 zone is considered a lot here (in my mind anyway.)
Completely agree with the police cars doing more than the limit. Most here are good, but you see those where one rule applies to them, and one to everyone else. It happens everywhere, but I'd like to think that it's still the minority.

Fair mistake? I beg the differ. Perhaps some nice flowers and free dinner would start to make it up. ;)

It's two lanes in both directions so it's really inviting to go faster. Lots of traffic lights though so usually you can't drive any speed for a longer time.

As far as the police cars go: Perhaps i'm just unlucky enough to see the bad side, but it's not some of them that don't obey the law, but most of them. And it's usually on my way home, which means it's near the end of the working day and i see them driving towards the police station. If they would've been driving away from it you could argue they're likely to go to a crime scene or something like that. But instead it just looks like they want to be in in time to go home.

I think i can say without exaggeration that from the ones that drive in the same direction as me (so i can estimate how fast they're going by comparing with myself) that at least 70% goes too fast (in various degrees, some more than others). And that's a very safe estimate. As said, maybe i'm just unlucky enough to see the bad ones, but that's what i'm seeing anyway.

@Thyiad Sorry to hear about your cats. I like them more then most people and we've had to put several to sleep too over the years. It's never easy.

Lastly an update on the whole course thing i've been complaining about. It was supposed to start Monday. Hadn't heard a time or location yet so i decided to make a call. Turns out there had been a misunderstanding between my employer and the company organising it. Thus set dates didn't apply any more. And apparently they send emails to people that enlisted. Yet somehow i didn't get that email. So no course next week. When will it be? No idea (new dates haven't been decided upon yet). Quite frankly i think i'll actively go searching for another employer after my holiday so perhaps the answer is never.

Others get speeding tickets as well. Apart from that, some might know better where the speed cameras are, like *drumroll* policemen, or they are simply better at detecting them early enoughn. Third: quod licet iovi, non licet bovi.

If you go faster than allowed, drive a bit behind somebody else, so if you see the flash of a speed camera, you have time to slow down. Also, never go faster than the taxis. Time is money for them, so if they obey the speed limit, they usually have a damn good reason.

I drive there all the time, so i know where the regular camera's are on that route. It must've been a mobile set up.

It's called when I want to drive insanely, find a group and don't be first or second in line. When I'm not interested, I drive 5 over. Never have been caught.

*serves Dew

*serves wine

*serves consolatory drink to Thy

*serves iced water

I noticed these strange road signs with numbers on them. I made the funny experience that I won't be photographed if the weird, everchanging pointer in my car shows a number that it not higher than the number on the last sign I saw. I don't know if that's legal, however.

There may be a few exceptions, however. If you see a white sign with a grey bar across it, it seems that you can drive as fast as you want. That doesn't work so well out of Germany, however.

@Cyrax: My wife knows how to drive and we can use my moms or grandmoms car when absolutely necesarry but we don't need a car, less then 10 minutes from home to work and vice versa and we pass 3 supermarkets on the way so we don't need a car to do our shopping.

I'm an enigma not an enigma machine, big difference, for starters I'm not german made!

Maybe It was I who got mixed up with you and not the other way around, lets split the make up things, I get the free dinner, you can keep the flowers.

@Thyiad: Sorry to hear that, its always hard to lose a furry friend.

My reasoning is that if I don't drive above the speed limit, I won't be fined. It's worked for me so far.
Except, this one time, I was speeding, and I got pulled over. And let off with a warning. I feel extremely lucky for that, and generally don't try to speed. I probably wouldn't make up any real difference in my travels if I did.

Can anyone suggest specs for a PC/Laptop that could really run Median XL smoothly? I want to get into running the ubers, but I get a lot of slowdown. I believe part of that is the limitations of the D2 engine, but most of my lag could definitely be smoothed out and become more playable.
I've heard recommendations for PC Case Gear in local melbourne region, but don't want to overkill on a PC for D2/SC2/BG/D3 etc, especially overkill on price, but believe most modern PC's (and probably laptops as well,) including budget/lower end ones, should be fine with what I'd be using it for.

Last edited:
If you check the recomended specs for diablo3 / Star Craft 2 and go slightly above that everything else should run smoothly, if there are other games that you want to plat that have higher specs then that go for that and so on.

Diablo 3 specs:

SC2 specs:

I've had a look at the specs previously, and most of the modern PC's from PCCG (prebuilt,) within a reasonable budget (in my mind,) far exceed them, for reference to D3 and SC2.
I would assume that they would easily be fine for graphically intense variants of D2, like Median, but in terms of use, I don't want to absolutely overkill specs, while still in 'budget.' Just because I can, doesn't mean I need to go to that extent. That said, perhaps there are games more modern than D3 and SC2 that I'll be interested in, but a lot has changed since my school/uni days. :(

I've had a look at the specs previously, and most of the modern PC's from PCCG (prebuilt,) within a reasonable budget (in my mind,) far exceed them, for reference to D3 and SC2.
I would assume that they would easily be fine for graphically intense variants of D2, like Median, but in terms of use, I don't want to absolutely overkill specs, while still in 'budget.' Just because I can, doesn't mean I need to go to that extent. That said, perhaps there are games more modern than D3 and SC2 that I'll be interested in, but a lot has changed since my school/uni days. :(

PCCG pre-builts look fine to me. I'd probably go the I5 version (though you could save a bit of money building yourself).

@CyraxMaybe It was I who got mixed up with you and not the other way around, lets split the make up things, I get the free dinner, you can keep the flowers.

I feel like i'm getting the short end of the straw here. I don't even own a vase. :D

My reasoning is that if I don't drive above the speed limit, I won't be fined. It's worked for me so far.
Except, this one time, I was speeding, and I got pulled over. And let off with a warning. I feel extremely lucky for that, and generally don't try to speed. I probably wouldn't make up any real difference in my travels if I did.

Why is everyone so obsessed with speed limits? I see those things more as guidelines. (unfortunately the police seems to disagree with me)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High