Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

I have a 1.07 skullder's which won't transfer onto my characters properly.. :/

Any idea?
What happens is I move the item in ATMA, but in game it doesn't exist, so I move it back to my stash before S&E to ensure that I don't lose it.

hm. I wonder who is actually the most OP enemy in D2. Other than FE bug which does ~lots of dmg, baal in 1.07 does 2k magic dmg with his manaflame long-distance attack that he often uses.

What is the scariest reasonable situation that could happen, though? Probably some disgusting council mistmatch of auras w/ MSLECE?

A quill rat in hell in 1.10 after people had spent years optimising their 1.09 gear. Being hurt and killed by such "weak" opposition caused a few old timers to have their egos suddenly deflate and a few of them never came back.

A quill rat in hell in 1.10 after people had spent years optimising their 1.09 gear. Being hurt and killed by such "weak" opposition caused a few old timers to have their egos suddenly deflate and a few of them never came back.

Truth. 1.10 is a whole different game.

touché.

I played tons of 1.09. When 1.10 came out I deeded my first 1.10 char somewhere in the A3 hell jungles and stopped playing for 4 (?) years

Defeated by a rat, physically and mentally. OP.

Defeated by a rat, physically and mentally. OP.

Flamespike the Crawler, in the Inner Cloister. Umprepared, and lagged characters beware.

@pharphis - RIP Schlumpus. Good to see that his deeds are still remembered. Level 97, CtA, and Infinity ( ;) ). That looks like Enigma as well? Looks like that skill tree window messed up the teleporting. XD Have you remade Schlump?

Nope. The character also had 1.07 shako and some sick charms and more valuable things than the runewords lol.

It was one of the most fun characters I've ever used

I have a semi-hypothetical build idea I'd like to try out, with no limit of runes or items. No restrictions to class, items, or build (let's just leave this as is, with the test character being of a mod.)

I'm wondering what the most damage tolerant build would be. I mean loaded up on all the %DR, with as much #DR as possible, and life regen. What items would be best used to give maximum survival. Preferably not able to avoid damage, although a little is great, but more to reduce the numbers the most. Also taking into accounts build and health: Ambulancadin with massive damage reduction, and massive life regen is an option.
I considered this build way back when I knew some good items, but didn't really know the plan or have the items. Any ideas?

Fuzzydodger. On top of max block, she will have additional 50-60% D/A/E and like 5k life + 7k defense (triggered chilling armor from Fortitude), lifeleech and you can put some integer DR if you want to. That thing is problematic to kill even in pvp, let alone pvm. You can probably tele into fanaticism pack and go to bathroom (almost! Not like you will have Enigma or something anyway).

Seems like a lot of SPF goers have already done most of what D2 has to offer. So, I thought of something different people might like to try. Would there would be any interest for this? - Amazing Race SPF edition (wiki for those unfamiliar with Amazing Race)
The race is generally split into twelve legs, with each leg requiring teams to deduce clues, navigate themselves in foreign areas, interact with locals, perform physical and mental challenges, and vie for airplane, boat, taxi, and other public transportation options on a limited budget provided by the show. Teams are progressively eliminated at the end of most legs, while the first team to arrive at the end of the final leg wins the grand prize of US$1 million.

We'd need teams of two players (10-20 participants). And, possibly up to 10 "staff" (game hosts/moderators of race). Basically, staff would be there to supervise tasks/give info to participants, as they complete the challenges etc. I hosted a scavenger hunt-type race in my hometown once, and it was pretty fun. :)

Last edited:
I'd be interested in playing... but would kind of need to know what types of activities would it include? I'm having a hard time picturing it at the moment.

For a grand prize of 1 million dollar, I'd be in ;).

How about $1M gold.. :rolleyes:

I'd be interested in playing... but would kind of need to know what types of activities would it include? I'm having a hard time picturing it at the moment.

I envisioned some of the tasks being D2 related, others being SPF related. On Amazing Race, they always have the "detour" which is usually a choice between a physically demanding task (which can be done quickly if you're able to), and a "mental/detail" oriented task (physically easy, but maybe more time consuming). They also incorporate a lot of "roadblocks" that come down to plain luck (find a clue in a haystack etc.).

Some examples of D2 tasks:
1. Pick up this wep (with high Str/Dex requirements), and bash that boss to death.. :p
2. Memorize/Decode some message from one of the NPCs
3. Gamble/Shop a until you get a specific item

Some SPF examples:
1. I dunno how you'd monitor "physical" tasks on SPF to verify they've been done? "Like" 100 of @LiquidClear posts?
2. Complete some type of puzzle/riddle with a solution that can be verified.
3. Find the page in Item Find thread with "this" item on it.. :eek::eek::eek:

If you're familiar with the show, they usually run each leg of the race in one city/country. And, at some point there is some form of train/airplane travel, which usually divides the herd into several packs. (lead groups make early flight, trailing groups stuck on later flight etc.)

So, for D2, I imagine each act as being roughly 1 leg of the race. Completing tasks throughout the act, and the "travel" to next act only departs at 20 min intervals or something.

Last edited:
Started working another "bucket list" project - a Poison Dagger necro, a la Pat. Syringe.

Currently sitting in A4 normal. Considering that I twinked on an eth Insight in a Battle Scythe and P. Dagger doesn't do enough damage right now (so many skill points to distribute to even get one-point-wonders, so can't pump it or synergies too much early), it's more of a CE necro right now. Kinda frustrating, kinda not. Reveals one my of major critiques of necros: it's a race to get that first corpse or two and then Amp + CE takes over. Don't know of any other character which is that one-dimensional is no many of its builds (and I can't really think of any Necro builds that don't revolve around CE in one way or another).

Even better, necro does not need any other skills at all. All he needs is amplify damage, merc with eth elite polearm and maxed CE. Corpse is made, chain CE, move on.

Also big problem with poison dagger is existence of poison nova. Even if you do go whack something with dagger, it is still profitable to simply cast 1 nova to apply it all around before going with a dagger. Only way to make it work is to literally pretend poison nova does not exist. Limitations of diablo etc...

Even better, necro does not need any other skills at all. All he needs is amplify damage, merc with eth elite polearm and maxed CE. Corpse is made, chain CE, move on.

Also big problem with poison dagger is existence of poison nova. Even if you do go whack something with dagger, it is still profitable to simply cast 1 nova to apply it all around before going with a dagger. Only way to make it work is to literally pretend poison nova does not exist. Limitations of diablo etc...

Both are correct. I just hit A1 NM and am realizing the tactic of LR -> Nova -> Dagger -> CE is most advantageous despite the odd feeling and transition of it to go from caster (for damage, not curses) to physical attacker. Would be different/better if PN wasn't a synergy, but alas.

The build is also revealing my frustration with poison damage - I want it dead, and I want it dead now. Not in x.x many seconds when poison works through.

Edit: going forward, I'm not going to use PN on the guy. Just doesn't fit the theme.

Last edited:
This sounds like a tournament.

Rules:
  1. Your character must be a necromancer.
  2. You can only put skill points into Amp Damage and Corpse Explosion.
  3. You may not use an oskill on any item; you may use an item with an oskill, but may not use that oskill (i.e. you can wear Enigma, but you can't teleport).
  4. Use of gear by your character (merc is OK) of an item that proc's necro curses is prohibited. E.g. you can't use The Face of Horror; but your merc may wear it.
  5. Use of gear by your character (merc is OK) of an item that contains provides an aura is prohibited. E.g. you can't hold an Insight polearm, but your merc can.
  6. Use of an item with charges by character or merc is permitted; use of the charges themselves is prohibited.
  7. Any /p setting at any time is permitted.
  8. There are no other gear, skill, or stat restrictions.
I'm not planning on doing this, but I believe it to be possible.

Last edited:
@Crazy Runner Guy Nice challenge. The lack of crowd control and minions would make this very, very difficult to Guardian untwinked. Once your merc was cursed it would be a race to see who died first, him or the mobs (without very godly gear my money would generally be on the monsters to be left standing). Stair traps would be deadly (more so than usual). Diablo, the slayer of mercs ... enough said.

Possible though.

Maybe I'll give this a go when I finish my naked sept and am ready for a real challenge! ;)

Gogogo.

I can't really see myself playing without Enigma and oskill teleport. Last time I tried some tournament-type approach without proper gear, it was incredibly boring and slow. I like fast and action packed playstyle which Enigma does offer and makes diablo pretty special in that sense. Only tourneys without Enigma I'd play are the ones where it is impossible to use it rather than being restricted from using. Or, I'd simply take sorc and rock the world for such tourney anyway.

My kind of tourney is to test limits of the game with as OP gear as I can possibly get to and to optimize characters to the very limits of possible. That is kind of challenge/tourney I'd play rather than "don't use this that that that that..." kind of tourney. I do plan on hosting special WSK tourney with no restrictions at all, everyone can use most OP gear to do their best. In the end, I tend to prefer challenge to go against other diablo veterans rather than going against AI and creeps with tons of restrictions.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High